The new changes of low graphics are horrible

As devs already know, low graphics are the best way to play dbd. Reasons?

-You can see furder

-Game isn't blurry

-Red is more clear to see, helps with red stain and scrathmarks

-There are less shadows

-Better optimization (more fps)

-No light reflect

-Etc...

What happened in this update? Things, horrible things:

-Every single hair has a new strange effect, which is horrible to see

-(the following is better to see in pictures)

unknown.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png


image.png

And the worst one...

I present you all:

BeastDette:

image.png

Behaviour... I understand you did this for potato pc players... But there are tutorials in youtube of how to make them even worse, all you have to make are extra graphics options like every single game in the world, because we have to edit the ini files to remove the Vsync and the 60 fps cap.

We are playing in PC and many of the players prefer this for the low graphics. We don't play in a potato phone.

Comments

  • LOOK AT SPIRITS! IM SO PISSED THAT I SPENT MONEY FOR LONG RECTANGULAR HAIR!

  • Omg that claudette hairs ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • You mean play on low settings to get advantages?

  • @Yui_Yamaoka1224 said:

    LOOK AT SPIRITS! IM SO PISSED THAT I SPENT MONEY FOR LONG RECTANGULAR HAIR!

    Can you post a pic?

  • Ew. I hope they change this back.

  • I guessing this a PC issue, PS4 not looking like that

  • @Someissues said:

    You mean play on low settings to get advantages?

    yes

  • @pabloddiablo316 said:

    I guessing this a PC issue, PS4 not looking like that

    I'm talking about low graphics (one of the reasons why I don't play in console anymore)

  • Oh wait is this complaining about getting unintended advantages by lowering the graphic settings? Or is this just complaining about the hair of the new skins?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/692521#Comment_692521

    You can use the share button to get a print screen. It doesn't look too bad...

    But if it's on ps4, I can check it after I get back home

    Yea, it's hard to explain how bad it is without you actually seeing it

  • The offerings, when shown before the game starts, are now blurry for me

    They were fine before

  • @ad19970 said:

    Oh wait is this complaining about getting unintended advantages by lowering the graphic settings? Or is this just complaining about the hair of the new skins?

    I mean the low graphics look pretty bad, but knowing that dbd's graphics eats your graphic cards fps like at an all u can eat buffet, I don't blame them for always putting it on low, I have a gtx 1060 and in ultra every fine detail u can usually seein low settjng is blurred, although the nvidia game filters fix it if you get the sharpness filter to 100 percent

  • @ad19970 said:

    Oh wait is this complaining about getting unintended advantages by lowering the graphic settings? Or is this just complaining about the hair of the new skins?

    the hair reworks

  • Haha these pics are hilarious.


    Spirit looks crazy scary!!!

  • Some of the hairs look horrible even on max graphics. E.g. Quentin looks like his hair is from another dimension.

  • On PC, you can individually tweak

    • Texture quality
    • Anti aliasing (smoothness)
    • Effects quality
    • View distance
    • Shadow quality
    • Post Process Quality
    • Foliage (grass etc.) quality

    I tend to turn up Textures to Ultra (little to no impact on performance, great visual enhancement), Anti Aliasing OFF (softness goes away), Effects on LOW (Tremendous performance boost), View distance ULTRA, Shadows OFF, Post Process OFF, Foliage OFF

    These are best settings, try them :D

  • That above gives you best visual quality and clarity combined with competitive advantage from Red Stain (Lightsource in Unreal Engine is not made dynamic on LOW).

  • @Snapshot said:

    On PC, you can individually tweak

    • Texture quality
    • Anti aliasing (smoothness)
    • Effects quality
    • View distance
    • Shadow quality
    • Post Process Quality
    • Foliage (grass etc.) quality

    I tend to turn up Textures to Ultra (little to no impact on performance, great visual enhancement), Anti Aliasing OFF (softness goes away), Effects on LOW (Tremendous performance boost), View distance ULTRA, Shadows OFF, Post Process OFF, Foliage OFF

    These are best settings, try them :D

    I will try that tomorrow when I don't forget to

  • @Snapshot said:

    On PC, you can individually tweak

    • Texture quality
    • Anti aliasing (smoothness)
    • Effects quality
    • View distance
    • Shadow quality
    • Post Process Quality
    • Foliage (grass etc.) quality

    I tend to turn up Textures to Ultra (little to no impact on performance, great visual enhancement), Anti Aliasing OFF (softness goes away), Effects on LOW (Tremendous performance boost), View distance ULTRA, Shadows OFF, Post Process OFF, Foliage OFF

    These are best settings, try them :D

    Unless you show me a tutorial...

  • Didn't know the game was being ported on to PS2. Good show.

  • @Yui_Yamaoka1224 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/692546#Comment_692546

    Yea, it's hard to explain how bad it is without you actually seeing it

    I saw it on my ps4...and by god. It's hilarious

  • I decided to edit the GameUserSettings.ini to try to determine why the hair looks so bad on low. Turns out the magic option is Anti-Aliasing. Medium settings and above force AA on. I manually turned off AA by changing that value to "0" and leaving the other settings at "1", which is Medium. The hair looks bad with AA off. If you must use low settings but can't stomach the hair, leave every setting at "0" and set Anti-Aliasing to "1". I think it makes the game look blurry with AA, imo.

    That file is located C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

  • @pabloddiablo316 said:

    I guessing this a PC issue, PS4 not looking like that

    PS4 has no graphic settings, this only occurs on Low graphics.

  • How can you be complaining about bad graphics when using the lowest graphics setting?

  • Hmmmm. I havent played this updated PS4 version yet. PS4 runs pretty good in general ever since they reduced graphic level. Naturally, I still lobby dodge if someones ping is < 250.

  • Does the hair look like that on PS4 and Xbox? I probably won't be playing anymore if it is. Those look horrible.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    Does the hair look like that on PS4 and Xbox? I probably won't be playing anymore if it is. Those look horrible.

    I haven't noticed a change in Feng or Kate's hair but I haven't really checked anyone else. The graphics do seem downgraded though. Or it's my eyes playing tricks on me after all the talk.

  • @Yui_Yamaoka1224 said:

    LOOK AT SPIRITS! IM SO PISSED THAT I SPENT MONEY FOR LONG RECTANGULAR HAIR!

    hair.PNG

    they did her so dirty even on the default hair.. look closely, you can see right through to her head.

  • @Peanits can you comment on this? Please don't tell me these changes are here to stay.

  • @lynelmane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/692437#Comment_692437

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/330/RNP07X6MB2VO.png

    they did her so dirty even on the default hair.. look closely, you can see right through to her head.

    Thats just poor Rin balding :(

  • @lynelmane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/692437#Comment_692437

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/330/RNP07X6MB2VO.png

    they did her so dirty even on the default hair.. look closely, you can see right through to her head.

    That's kinda hilarious, lol!! I do hope it gets fixed, though. Won't be playing until they do... ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

  • Low graphics are suppose to be horrible quality. That's the point of having graphic options, lower/raise the quality in order to run the game on weaker/stronger hardware.

    It isn't the devs fault if people want to abuse that system in order to gain an advantage.


    If you don't have a good PC, deal with it or save cash for an upgrade.

    If you do have a good PC, deal with it or up your settings and stop trying to get an advantage on everyone else for free.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    Low graphics are suppose to be horrible quality. That's the point of having graphic options, lower/raise the quality in order to run the game on weaker/stronger hardware.

    It isn't the devs fault if people want to abuse that system in order to gain an advantage.

    If you don't have a good PC, deal with it or save cash for an upgrade.

    If you do have a good PC, deal with it or up your settings and stop trying to get an advantage on everyone else for free.

    I think the low graphics are supposed to be for people whose computers cant run on ultra or even medium. Like mine. I'm a student and cant save money for a pc, and im sure a lot of others out there are in similar situations. It's not as easy as "save cash for a new one".

  • I can't play this game on anything but low graphics because the frame rate just tanks. The game looks horrible now. Every characters hair is so horrible. I don't know what to do.

  • Honestly the hair doesnโ€™t look bad at all on spirit on ps4 especially her newest outfit kimono hair looks so much better

  • Spirit's hair is really wack now, but I do have to say the more recent cosmetic for her (forget the name) new hair looks really good.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    @Peanits can you comment on this? Please don't tell me these changes are here to stay.

    I hope they fix it. I paid 10 dollars for the newest outfit for Nea (the one with the skateboard) and now it looks horrid... Her hair looks much thinner and the little strands of hair on her forehead are gone (it makes her forehead look huge). Every hair looks bad and needs fixed. I already uninstalled the game. Might play again if they fix it. I'm honestly furious right now.

  • @lynelmane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/694080#Comment_694080

    I think the low graphics are supposed to be for people whose computers cant run on ultra or even medium. Like mine. I'm a student and cant save money for a pc, and im sure a lot of others out there are in similar situations. It's not as easy as "save cash for a new one".


    That is what lower settings are suppose to be used for. People who can't afford a higher end PC. Lower settings allows game devs to sell their games to more people. More money for the devs/publisher, more players for a community, and maybe a longer life or more content for the game itself.

    But lower graphic settings are also used by players with higher end PCs in order to gain an advantage. Giving more FPS isn't what Im talking about either. Look at the OPs post for examples.

    Longer view distance, red stain/scratch marks easier to see, less shadows, less grasses/bushes, and what not ALL give an advantage. One that people abuse to hell in most every game possible. In Ultra, a Killer could maybe miss someone in a bush or have the fog/darkness hide them. In low, the Killer could almost never miss someone trying to hide. Survivors stick out like a sore thumb in lower settings giving Killers who run on low settings (but have a good PC anyway) a slightly unfair advantage.

    Survivors also can gain an advantage. The red stain being easier to see is one hell of a thing for looping the Killer. And with lower settings they can see the Killer in the distance better as well. Even stealth or hard to see Killers can't really hide that well in low settings.


    Hell. Lower settings in DbD is a small fry compared to other games that had settings abuse. Planetside 2, before it got patched you could adjust the settings to remove ALL SMOKE! Smoke grenades, rocket trails, anything that was put in place to block your view was removed. People would spam smoke grenades all over the build and clean it out when everyone but them was blinded by smoke. But as it was an ini setting, it was a legal exploit that nearly ruined the game. Can't ban someone for changing their options settings.

    Low settings are needed. Not saying they aren't. But I am saying that low settings are just as abused as everything else and Im a little bitter about exploit abuse. Legal or not.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/694145#Comment_694145

    That is what lower settings are suppose to be used for. People who can't afford a higher end PC. Lower settings allows game devs to sell their games to more people. More money for the devs/publisher, more players for a community, and maybe a longer life or more content for the game itself.

    But lower graphic settings are also used by players with higher end PCs in order to gain an advantage. Giving more FPS isn't what Im talking about either. Look at the OPs post for examples.

    Longer view distance, red stain/scratch marks easier to see, less shadows, less grasses/bushes, and what not ALL give an advantage. One that people abuse to hell in most every game possible. In Ultra, a Killer could maybe miss someone in a bush or have the fog/darkness hide them. In low, the Killer could almost never miss someone trying to hide. Survivors stick out like a sore thumb in lower settings giving Killers who run on low settings (but have a good PC anyway) a slightly unfair advantage.

    Survivors also can gain an advantage. The red stain being easier to see is one hell of a thing for looping the Killer. And with lower settings they can see the Killer in the distance better as well. Even stealth or hard to see Killers can't really hide that well in low settings.

    Hell. Lower settings in DbD is a small fry compared to other games that had settings abuse. Planetside 2, before it got patched you could adjust the settings to remove ALL SMOKE! Smoke grenades, rocket trails, anything that was put in place to block your view was removed. People would spam smoke grenades all over the build and clean it out when everyone but them was blinded by smoke. But as it was an ini setting, it was a legal exploit that nearly ruined the game. Can't ban someone for changing their options settings.

    Low settings are needed. Not saying they aren't. But I am saying that low settings are just as abused as everything else and Im a little bitter about exploit abuse. Legal or not.

    I used to be able to run this game on Ultra at 60fps. Then the engine update came and Medium was the best I could do to keep 60fps. Then several other "optimisation" patches came and Low is the best now.

    I suggest keeping this in mind as well. I would love to run it at Ultra again.

  • Hello everyone, we have shared your feedback with the team.

    We will keep you posted when we have more information.

    Thank you <3

  • @Patricia please let them know to keep things for amd graphics cards the same I can finally see my textures again they aren't rendering as if they're far away anymore. Whatever you did with that, don't fix what's not broken lol

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    As devs already know, low graphics are the best way to play dbd. Reasons?

    -You can see furder

    -Game isn't blurry

    -Red is more clear to see, helps with red stain and scrathmarks

    -There are less shadows

    -Better optimization (more fps)

    -No light reflect

    -Etc...

    What happened in this update? Things, horrible things:

    -Every single hair has a new strange effect, which is horrible to see

    -(the following is better to see in pictures)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/935/CEDLV8HVK16A.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/262/F11S4N5LH4NJ.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/753/EKFOCZ27CP7D.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/205/NNC5MF8UVC9Y.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/903/YMOOEJMI23X7.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/234/O7PPSXZ8TGY3.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/894/NKKRSGYNWE2U.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/535/A8CZAZ4HGCIT.png

    And the worst one...

    I present you all:

    BeastDette:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/737/SXTLT1NNTD9V.png

    Behaviour... I understand you did this for potato pc players... But there are tutorials in youtube of how to make them even worse, all you have to make are extra graphics options like every single game in the world, because we have to edit the ini files to remove the Vsync and the 60 fps cap.

    We are playing in PC and many of the players prefer this for the low graphics. We don't play in a potato phone.

    As a Claudette main, i'm disgusted with how there are little streak of hairs growing out from her real hair.Please revert.

  • @Gardenia You don't see the weird blurry/pixalated hair that people see in low resolution with a amd graphic card ?

  • @PatBrutal said:

    @Gardenia You don't see the weird blurry/pixalated hair that people see in low resolution with a amd graphic card ?

    The issue im speaking of is what used to be blurry textures before this update. Prior to this update I would have all my texture render as though they were far away with no type of definition or resolution on low settings. But now it's fixed, I'm just hoping it doesn't go back to that if they have to mess with the graphics again.

  • Sweet! Dead By Daylight is coming to Sega Genesis!

  • @PatBrutal said:

    Hello everyone, we have shared your feedback with the team.

    We will keep you posted when we have more information.

    Thank you <3

    Omg thank you so much, but the real thing I would ask for is not only these graphics reverted, better add advanced video settings like any other game in the world

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    @Peanits can you comment on this? Please don't tell me these changes are here to stay.

    It's a side effect of some optimization changes. We're going to see what we can do. Ultimately, low is meant for people who can't run the game on higher settings, but we would ideally like to find a balance where it runs well while still looking decent.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/693793#Comment_693793

    It's a side effect of some optimization changes. We're going to see what we can do. Ultimately, low is meant for people who can't run the game on higher settings, but we would ideally like to find a balance where it runs well while still looking decent.

    Is there any way that you can make it so players on low settings no longer get the known gameplay advantages, or so people on high settings also get them? I think people would be understanding of things being ugly if they didn't feel like they would be hurting themselves by turning their settings up.

โ€น 1 2