The new changes of low graphics are horrible

As devs already know, low graphics are the best way to play dbd. Reasons?

-You can see furder

-Game isn't blurry

-Red is more clear to see, helps with red stain and scrathmarks

-There are less shadows

-Better optimization (more fps)

-No light reflect

-Etc...

What happened in this update? Things, horrible things:

-Every single hair has a new strange effect, which is horrible to see

-(the following is better to see in pictures)

unknown.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png


image.png

And the worst one...

I present you all:

BeastDette:

image.png

Behaviour... I understand you did this for potato pc players... But there are tutorials in youtube of how to make them even worse, all you have to make are extra graphics options like every single game in the world, because we have to edit the ini files to remove the Vsync and the 60 fps cap.

We are playing in PC and many of the players prefer this for the low graphics. We don't play in a potato phone.

Comments

  • I had a rendering problem since the legion patch and this new patch has been fixed. The game is rendering but the hair is still.


    I personally don't care, at least the game is rendering the textures

  • I've been playing on the high settings this whole time without knowing about this. I set it to low and holy cow. I can see EVERYTHING. How the hell has this not been patched yet? Seeing the red stain through walls is a freaking godsend and seeing people crouch across the map. Holy. Jeezus. I feel like I'm cheating but now I assume literally everyone is doing it.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    I've been playing on the high settings this whole time without knowing about this. I set it to low and holy cow. I can see EVERYTHING. How the hell has this not been patched yet? Seeing the red stain through walls is a freaking godsend and seeing people crouch across the map. Holy. Jeezus. I feel like I'm cheating but now I assume literally everyone is doing it.

    I noticed this when I saw noob3 using low graphics after legion path

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/693793#Comment_693793

    It's a side effect of some optimization changes. We're going to see what we can do. Ultimately, low is meant for people who can't run the game on higher settings, but we would ideally like to find a balance where it runs well while still looking decent.

    Or, you know, you could give us some basic graphic settings, like texture, AA, shadows, hair, light, etc etc. Settings you have in every modern game nowadays, even competetive ones like Dbd. So everyone can customise according to their needs, preference, computer. That way I can have generally low settings, while still having decently looking hair.

  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/694443#Comment_694443

    I used to be able to run this game on Ultra at 60fps. Then the engine update came and Medium was the best I could do to keep 60fps. Then several other "optimisation" patches came and Low is the best now.

    I suggest keeping this in mind as well. I would love to run it at Ultra again.

    I can confirm.

    I used to play DbD in 2016 with my laptop at 100% resolution fullscreen (17" big screen with 1080p) and medium and 60+fps.

    And now after several engine updates and "optimisations" I'm hardly hitting constant 40 fps. The big joke: I'm playing on low and had to switch to windowed mode and have to make the actual window very small via steam launch settings. The size of the game window is now just 1100x600.

  • Is there a way to make this game look better in the ini files? This looks worse than any game in my collection. No point having a solid rig if it has been coded for a $299 budget pc from best buy.

  • Quentin was already ugly why did they make him even uglier?

  • @8obot1c said:

    Quentin was already ugly why did they make him even uglier?

    Yeah, the hair looks soooooo bad now. I'm hoping it gets fixed on PC and Consoles.

1 2 ›