Mettle of Man. Small change.

Hello everybody How are all? Due to inconsistency of the protection hit score, wich is harder than it seems to obtain. I'ld like to propose a change.

This is how currently works

Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State from the Injured State is ignored.

And this is my idea

Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State is ignored.

So basically is removing the "from the Injured State" condition.

Why this change? As I said the perk is hard to active and due to take all 3 protection hits wich means you probably will heal 3 heal states as well, you still can deny it as a killer.Perks like NOED or Devour Hope as an example can easily deny it if you wasn't hit before. And killers like Hillbilly can do it as well as they can hit with his secondary weapon.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Saitamfed said:

    Hello everybody How are all? Due to inconsistency of the protection hit score, wich is harder than it seems to obtain. I'ld like to propose a change.

    This is how currently works

    Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State from the Injured State is ignored.

    And this is my idea

    Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State is ignored.

    So basically is removing the "from the Injured State" condition.

    Why this change? As I said the perk is hard to active and due to take all 3 protection hits wich means you probably will heal 3 heal states as well, you still can deny it as a killer.Perks like NOED or Devour Hope as an example can easily deny it if you wasn't hit before. And killers like Hillbilly can do it as well as they can hit with his secondary weapon.

    Hasn't that already been implemented?

  • They tried that in a ptb...it was truley uncounterable at that point

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686923#Comment_686923

    Yes, because we all know we need more useless trash tier perks.

    While I get it may I point to many killer perks..? Mettle is still far better than monstrous shine or overwhelming presence for instance

  • I see no problem with this. It's hard enough to activate, and it sucks when it's active and you get downed anyway.

  • WOW. 7 comments on three minutes. It may be a record.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686930#Comment_686930

    All perks should be better on both sides. I am sick and tired of perks getting gutted and same stale meta on both sides. Overwhelming Presence is only good on Doc.

    True but..mettle just isnt healthy for the meta rn..

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686967#Comment_686967

    Her addons are getting retuned so she will be fine..mettle goes far beyond that one..I'd def suggest a rework..all I'm saying is ignoring hits just simply isnt feasible when gens are not getting slowed..plus..theres end game to consider

    I play the game since "Curtain Call" was released and MoM is not unhealthy, it's just a 4 SWF tryhard team wich makes it unhealthy. Even when two or three solos had MoM was annoying but not broken or unhealthy. The same applies with Adrenaline, BT, DS, DH. The perks itself in an average survivor will slighty help. Even if you're a good survivor this doesn't grant that your tryhard combo works as a solo.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686974#Comment_686974

    I play the game since "Curtain Call" was released and MoM is not unhealthy, it's just a 4 SWF tryhard team wich makes it unhealthy. Even when two or three solos had MoM was annoying but not broken or unhealthy. The same applies with Adrenaline, BT, DS, DH. The perks itself in an average survivor will slighty help. Even if you're a good survivor this doesn't grant that your tryhard combo works as a solo.

    Well..solos and swf will soon not be very distinguishable

  • As much as i like the idea, im just gonna say this


    Mettle of man in general shouldn't have been made in the first place.

  • @Ghostingmyteammates said:

    As much as i like the idea, im just gonna say this

    Mettle of man in general shouldn't have been made in the first place.

    No, it's a fine idea. It just needed tweaks.

    If they want to keep it as it is, they need to make protection hits more consistent, and have ALL protection scores count towards stacks. Even if it then becomes possible to somehow gain two scores of protection even though you bodyblocked for only one survivor (or a Claudette with cloak mode is sneaking around and you bodyblocked for her)

  • Okay, I'm going to reboot this thread:

    I'm okay with your suggestion since it's nearly impossible to get Mettle of Man, but I prefer protection hits getting fixed and the negative getting removed. :)

  • Please stay on topic and stop attacking each other over a different opinion.

  • I think Mettle of Man needs a whole rework. Make it be different perk.

    In this state, it will be either bad perk or OP perk.

  • I'd prefer it if MoM would get a total rework. Getting a hit for free is just not a healthy mechanic, besides from the Borrowed Time scenario.

  • I'd just delete the aura reveal

  • @NMCKE said:

    Okay, I'm going to reboot this thread:

    I'm okay with your suggestion since it's nearly impossible to get Mettle of Man, but I prefer protection hits getting fixed and the negative getting removed. :)

    Nah, the aura reveal is not an issue. Because if you're good then is highly probably that the killer leave you alone. But protection hits need to be more consistent. Right now we only know that you're granted a protection hit if you receive a hit when the killer is carrying someone. Because receiving a hit where another injured survivor is near sometimes doesn't grant you a protection score everytime.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687634#Comment_687634

    Nah, the aura reveal is not an issue. Because if you're good then is highly probably that the killer leave you alone. But protection hits need to be more consistent. Right now we only know that you're granted a protection hit if you receive a hit when the killer is carrying someone. Because receiving a hit where another injured survivor is near sometimes doesn't grant you a protection score everytime.

    It is an issue because it's so unnecessary when the perk is extremely difficult to activate. I would know this because I use Mettle of Man a lot, and I can say in a unbias way that it doesn't deserve a negative! :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If they'd fix detection hits, mettle combined with New DS is about as close to old DS as you can get.

    We shouldn't leave something broken because X perk combined with Y perk is OP.


    Perk synergies are something I adore in Dead by Daylight — I'd hate to see them go! :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688426#Comment_688426

    Oh, I didn't mean that as being OP, I meant that for all the DS change whiners. Combine those two with something like Unbreaka-bill and maybe deliverance and have a total second chance build

    Even if you fix the protection hits, they still have to take 3 protection hits in order to get the Endurance status effect. :)


    I don't think this combo would be anywhere near as powerful as old DS.

  • I was thinking a long time about MoM. The biggest issue most seam to have, it's a free hit with no counter.

    Maybe changing the requirements from hits to successfully pallet-stun a killer we could get some counterplay in, an expression of skill and risk vs reward. 3 palletstuns would be to easy, but maybe 5-6? The good thing, with this change the devs would have a better option to tweak the numbers and killers have some counterplay options.

    Do I respect a pallet or not, can I read a survivor successfully and avoid the pallet drop or can I use it to my advantage? I can counter it with Spirit Fury and Endurance, so if I am worried about MoM I can use it to my advantage if I'm smart.

    @Peanits what do you think? Could this be something the dev-team could work with?

  • @Cymer said:

    I was thinking a long time about MoM. The biggest issue most seam to have, it's a free hit with no counter.

    Maybe changing the requirements from hits to successfully pallet-stun a killer we could get some counterplay in, an expression of skill and risk vs reward. 3 palletstuns would be to easy, but maybe 5-6? The good thing, with this change the devs would have a better option to tweak the numbers and killers have some counterplay options.

    Do I respect a pallet or not, can I read a survivor successfully and avoid the pallet drop or can I use it to my advantage? I can counter it with Spirit Fury and Endurance, so if I am worried about MoM I can use it to my advantage if I'm smart.

    @Peanits what do you think? Could this be something the dev-team could work with?

    Actually that's kinda better. The pallet stun is consistent, not like protection hits.