Devs, how do you feel like about Clown?
His popularity (at least for me) is very low, his power is compare to new Freddy snares much weaker. His power without good add-ons will not have much impact againts medium-skilled Survivors. Can you please buff him or making him more interesting to play? :-(
I would be also curious how are his stats right now (popularity, killrate, etc.).
Comments
I think most if not all players agree he needs some buffs. I still play him occassionally because he is fun even though he is weak.
Clown has one of the best character design of all the killers in the game. But his gameplay is weak.
His power simply does not do enough. Safe loops will still be safe if the survivors can reach them. And the gas has no real utility. It does not stop survivors from working on generators or cause any lasting effects.
Clown is exactly his namesake. A Clown to be laughed at by survivors teabagging at the exit gate.
Darn you got to it before I did!
Watching Bricky's Clown video
Is the greatest joke
"I think he's the best dlc DBD has ever made" - Dead Serious
Clown was actually pretty good on release. He was made during a time when chase power was all that really mattered and everything else was a bonus. Now map presence is the most important thing, and being slightly better in a chase (only great at chases with good addons) doesn't cut it anymore.
Clown is interesting maybe a second power could be great on him. I like him a lot he is on my top three.
He needs some buffs here and there and then he will be fine, he is not nearly in bad as a spot as Legion.
My first problem with this killer is that his power is too basic and has nothing to do with a clown.
His power is annoying and one of the weakest in the game. I'd like a rework tbh.
I only play Clown when I have a daily for him. Any time I load up that guy I've accepted defeat.
Clown is decent, but needs some buffs. Gen rushing can really hurt him. He’s pretty fun to play as once you get going though.
The toy car thing is a good start. More thematic than perfume attacks :P
Idk I've never really had issues with Clown. Now I'm not your rank 1 every reset kinda killer but I stick to purple/red ranks as killer. He's in my top three for sure and yeah I do get ran around but I usually chalk it up to me being bad. If I could buff him it would be make the exhaustion add on base line and that's it. That adds a metric crap ton of help when gassing up gens or even hooks. Maybe a bit too much? I dunno. Some love would be nice but he could be borderline broken with too much love. He can already interrupt actions by hitting someone with his bottle.
I think he is fun but he isn’t very strong.
Survivors affected by the afterpiece tonic should become oblivious for a minute and ear some circus music.
Throw bottle. Explodes in hand. Throw bottle. Survivor ran to the next loop. Throw bottle. Survivor runs to the other side of the loop. Throw bottle. Survivor just runs through the gas and drops the pallet. Reload bottles. 2 gens pop.
Boy I would really like to know if the devs have any kind of plan to buff him. I would very much hope so.
Maybe if his power was more in line like Doctor? The madness portion, I'm referring too. Could be referred to as insanity or something, where the higher the amount of fumes they breath in, the more they start cackling like a deranged chimp.
I feel like he deserves a rework now with the new Freddy being just better than him in everything.
Many ideas: Transform the gas into a laughing gas (nitrous oxide) with effects similar to the madness of the Doctor but with fits of laughter each time a dramatic event happens to the survivors (death, hooking) and other malus.