Lets have a discussion about Ranked.

So... Ranked...


The most useless thing in the game. (Not as Useless as the Left Behind Perk)


Rank 6 - Survivor

Rank 8 - Survivor

Rank 13 - Survivor

Rank 12 - Survivor

Rank 11 - Me [As Killer]


Rank is so useless that i don't care that I De-Pip from these terrible matches that Matchmaking puts me in.


And No Devs.. It ain't because of Matchmaking times. My Matchmaking times take about 1 min 30 secs.


It's just super disappointing I don't face people in my own rank even though there is clearly a lot of people in my rank getting the same terrible matches. Both as Survivor and Killer. (Literally on all Platforms.)


At this point I don't care if the "Entity" is "Displeased"

I even had a game with a Rank 1, Rank 15, Rank 17, & Rank 12. So At this point I'm playing for the Bloodpoints.


So devs if you ever eventually read this... remove Ranked if Dedicated Servers doesn't fix this issue.


If it ain't gunna be fixed then why have a rank system?


You guys can comment down below if you think rank should be removed at this point because tbh, I just want my bloodpoints and i'm good. Just, don't tag me because I just want to see how you guys feel about ranked not about my post. But, if you do feel like I explained something in my post that you feel is correct then Tag me. (Just be Civil and not rude.)

Comments

  • Rank helps to prevent slaughters like this. Remove rank and people will stop playing because the FUN factor will be lost.

    E2B86ABA-3A15-45D4-8C1A-23CEB7F9FC1B.jpeg


  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    Rank helps to prevent slaughters like this. Remove rank and people will stop playing because the FUN factor will be lost.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/724/XMPUIJ301IFN.jpeg

    Well it is theorized to do so.. But at ranks current state it's as if rank is non-existent, so why have it if it ain't gunna be fixed (Hopefully Ded-Servers fixes it but if not I say remove it entirely)

  • Matchmaking is currently bugged. But like Speshul_Kitten said, it is to prevent that slaughter.

  • @GrootDude said:

    Matchmaking is currently bugged. But like Speshul_Kitten said, it is to prevent that slaughter.

    Let's hope it is fixed soon... Or it's just about bloodpoints for me lol.

  • It's not a ranking system. It's an arbitrary term for what amounts to a matchmaking helper.

    To prevent rank 1 vs rank 20 being a normal thing.

    If it wasnt shown, you would never know it existed because it grants no reward and changes nothing except who you play with.

    How does NOBODY understand that.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    It's not a ranking system. It's an arbitrary term for what amounts to a matchmaking helper.

    To prevent rank 1 vs rank 20 being a normal thing.

    If it wasnt shown, you would never know it existed because it grants no reward and changes nothing except who you play with.

    How does NOBODY understand that.

    I understand it, I just like have a red or purple rank. :P

  • @Carpemortum Well, one thing is true: The matchmaking is arbitrary as all hell for the past two weeks or so. :)

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Carpemortum Well, one thing is true: The matchmaking is arbitrary as all hell for the past two weeks or so. :)

    Yep.. Used to be a system now it's random... Hope it stops being random (aka arbitrary) when Ded-Servers come out..

  • @Micheal_Myers Well, Peanits said that something bugged with the matchmaker, but they don't know why because they didn't make any tweaks recently on their end. So, the team is going through all the code trying to find what changed and went wrong. So far, he said, they've nothing to report to us.

    I reset all the way back down to rank 19 due to not playing for many months. The other night when I came back, as a Rank 19 killer, I had three games in a row against all purple and red survivor combinations. Okay, my highest rank ever was rank 12 because I don't play DbD steadily. Needless to say, I got stomped to hell and back by the survivors. I DC'ed about two minutes into that third game, and I never DC. But I did, then closed down the game and haven't launched it again since. I've just been doing the solo challenges in Friday the 13th, and playing the occasional lobby over there.

    They need to figure the bug out and fix it before the DLC goes live. Otherwise, I will bet real money that they will not retain new players that this DLC might bring in. Not with how MM is currently functioning.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Micheal_Myers Well, Peanits said that something bugged with the matchmaker, but they don't know why because they didn't make any tweaks recently on their end. So, the team is going through all the code trying to find what changed and went wrong. So far, he said, they've nothing to report to us.

    I reset all the way back down to rank 19 due to not playing for many months. The other night when I came back, as a Rank 19 killer, I had three games in a row against all purple and red survivor combinations. Okay, my highest rank ever was rank 12 because I don't play DbD steadily. Needless to say, I got stomped to hell and back by the survivors. I DC'ed about two minutes into that third game, and I never DC. But I did, then closed down the game and haven't launched it again since. I've just been doing the solo challenges in Friday the 13th, and playing the occasional lobby over there.

    They need to figure the bug out and fix it before the DLC goes live. Otherwise, I will bet real money that they will not retain new players that this DLC might bring in. Not with how MM is currently functioning.

    Yeah slowly killing me off from the game too but, I still love this game but MM is so frustrating.. (But in my opinion F13 is definitely worse lol)

  • @Micheal_Myers Matchmaking-wise, F13 has none. I just make counselor my spawn preference over there because I absolutely love all the different goals and ways to escape for them. I also love having to manage my fear level.

    I get bored to tears playing survivor, here.

    But F13 has a host of issues, I agree.

    I just wish a studio would come along and do a new game in the vein of F13. A studio that would actually care about the damned game like BHVR does DbD. Pound for pound, I like the F13 game play a hell of a lot more. But Gun Media and Illfonic were horrible.

    I like DbD, but give me a solid game with the core game play design aspects of F13, and I'd probably not look at DBD again.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Micheal_Myers Matchmaking-wise, F13 has none. I just make counselor my spawn preference over there because I absolutely love all the different goals and ways to escape for them. I also love having to manage my fear level.

    I get bored to tears playing survivor, here.

    But F13 has a host of issues, I agree.

    I just wish a studio would come along and do a new game in the vein of F13. A studio that would actually care about the damned game like BHVR does DbD. Pound for pound, I like the F13 game play a hell of a lot more. But Gun Media and Illfonic were horrible.

    I like DbD, but give me a solid game with the core game play design aspects of F13, and I'd probably not look at DBD again.

    I always had a game idea of a Halloween game... Combining both f13 & DbD

  • @Micheal_Myers I'd definitely be up for something like that!


  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    Rank helps to prevent slaughters like this. Remove rank and people will stop playing because the FUN factor will be lost.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/724/XMPUIJ301IFN.jpeg

    I fail to see how the result would be any different if they were 4 rank 1 swf survivors with mics and meta perks. Any P3 Rank 1 nurse with NC, BBQ, Pop and Ruin is getting a 4k. There is no way to escape that. I play rank 2 survivor and everytime i high rank nurse with those kind of perks is in a game, it's game over.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Micheal_Myers I'd definitely be up for something like that!

    Here's a link to the idea:

    The Game