Are better and better DLC's P2W?
@SpaceCoconut brings up a point I haven't heard anyone has brought up before: Are good DLC's Pay to Win? I'm curious what all of you think, because I'm not too sure what I think.
@SpaceCoconut brings up a point I haven't heard anyone has brought up before: Are good DLC's Pay to Win? I'm curious what all of you think, because I'm not too sure what I think.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
before mettle of man was Nerfed you could argue ash was pay to win
The strongest killer in the game (Nurse) is in the base game. Hillbilly is a base game killer as well. Future killers will probably be available via shards unless they're licensed like the Demogorgon.
Overall opinion: No, DBD isn't going to be P2W albeit some strong killers and perks will exclusively be available for $$$
As for strong licensed DLC survivor/killer perks: Sooner or later they'll pop up on the shrine so no actual P2W here either unless the "P" stands for "play".
You can win with any killer and you can lose with any killer. I understand where you're coming from but I don't think it applies here. All the perks are eventually in the shrine and it's not like any paid killer is so strong they are unbeatable.
As much as I am a severe critic of P2W schemes, and as much as I will criticize aspects of DbD, I simply do not see a P2W format going on here. And especially not as long as DLC Perks, including licensed DLC Perks, appear in the Shrine of Secrets for shards.
Not really i see it like a fighting game tbh. You can add to your roster.
Like MK you don't need to buy Terminator Scorpion will still be viable.
Perks go into the shrine eventually too
well yes but actually no
you can get dlc perks for free in shrine eventually... however its more likely not gonna happen often that you get what you want, and there are some killers blocked behind pay so yes in that regard
Not really but,
Some killers do in fact have better powers than others, but what is at steak, ie; The perks have much more value. The real only killer that can do amazing vs. a 4 man is either a Billy or mostly a Nurse. Shrine of Secrets is what doesn't make it really a P2W
You forgot Spirit
Nurse is free
Spirit can be unlocked with shards
Billy is free
Hag can be unlocked with shards and she's free on console
Huntress is free.
They are all strong killers and they aren't P2W.
Pretty sure the strongest dlc killer you need to use money for is freddy. And he's not even top 5 in most peoples list.
Absolutely not pay to win
"If any of the killers were any better, they'd be pay to win".
Except for... the strongest killers are all base game, or spirit, which you can buy with shards.
Perks show up on the shrine so you never even need to purchase said DLC to eventually get the perks.
But of course, non click baity titles wont get him the views.
clickbait irrelevant video tbh.
@HeyItsNick123andnea But that isn't any different from a MOBA, where you have to pay for new characters. So, let me ask this: would you guys then consider a MOBA P2W? Or a team shooter like Paladins?
Now, granted, you can also almost always also buy them with in-game currency. Which can also be done here, except in the cases of the licensed killers. But so far, originals outnumber the licensed.
Idc about moba or paladins, never played them, never intend to. I still stand strongly by my side that perks are more vital and that they give more than the actual characters. Plus, it's not like people who can't get the most powerful perks can't obtain them just because they didn't buy the DLC.
Most of the stranger things perks are decent, but not broken, and none of ghost faces perks are broken either, so if say no
I wish there was a "pay to win" option.
If buy it.
Furthermore, billy and nurse are both considered one of the best killers, and they are free. Statistically speaking with the shrine of secrets, players who buy the character(s) aren't at much of an advantage since they really only will have the character and the perks won't be that uncommon once they hit the shrine of secrets.
Currently, the real only character or killer who is and blows people away should be the spirit, maybe for her, but she still lacks reliability without her add-ons/perks.
Yeah... and now you wouldn't use that perk if someone paid you. So no, technically not P2W. Besides I'm not that great and escape occasionally, so you can win without perks.
Wouldn’t really consider the game p2w when literally every perk gets added to the shrine.
Nah you already have the most godly killer for free and the dlc killers and perks you can get with shards.
Terminator isn't in the game yet, so we don't know if he is good or not. But Shang Tsung and Nightwolf are pretty good though.