2 minutes in, 3 gens done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3seF7dtTXA

That's just bizarre. Shows you that Ruin is pretty much a "MUST NEED" against survivors who are well experienced (Mostly Red Ranks) However, even with ruin, survivors who know what they are doing can pretty much do the same result.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I just want to chime in and point out how comical it is that people say "defend gens" when there are 7 available to repair. The problem isn't gen speed or the bogus concept of early game gen pressure that so many here cling to. Hooks and slugs are actual gen pressure. It's a map and pallet amount/pallet safety issue. I'm not talking about the game in question here from Tru3. If you down and hook a survivor before a gen pops, you can win. Period. Problem is, smart survivors know they'll never run out pallets, and they also know that a relative lack of pallets doesn't matter if the killer hasn't accumulated many hooks by the time 2 gens are left. Can you find and drop safe pallets for 80 seconds to start a game? It's not that hard. 3 gens can be done in that span. My SWF has done it.

    Eeh, it depends on the killer's build really. A killer running Spirit Fury and Enduring will destroy pallets like there's no tomorrow. You still got 2 perk slots left so you can just use Ruin or Corrupt and pair it with BBQ and there you go. Now you shorten chases, pressure gens, and slow gen progression all at the same time.

  • I know the solution to this... We make it so that when the match starts, survivors are unable to move for the first 30 seconds of the game. This time allows the killer to find and catch them to avoid the toxic gen rushing.

    **I SAY THIS WITH SARCASM PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY**


    Solution 2: Just bring Corrupt Intervention if you are so afraid of being gen rushed. Don't even need ruin at that point.


    Solution 3: Look where the gens were completed (chances are they are in close proximity) and turn the game into a 3-gen trap when they get down to one gen. It is the best chance you have at saving those games from going downhill very fast.

  • There are four types of killers:

    Killers that put on Hex: Ruin

    1) Because they need that extra time to have the advantage

    2) Because they think it's funny when all four survivors are killed before 1-2 gens are done.

    Killers that don't put Hex: Ruin on

    3) Because they don't need to waste a slot for that perk when they're good and always get 2 - 4 kills with that killer.

    4) And aren't good enough at killer so they get gen rushed and face camp one person to try to guarantee a kill.

    Don't expect a built-in perk for baby killers unless you want survivor mains to demand a built-in perk for them.

    I don't enjoy killer play because I don't like first-person view, but I can still get a kill here and there without hex ruin. Usually get 2-4 kills with Hillbilly but don't play enough to level up as killer. I honestly rarely even equip hex ruin because I rarely want my killer rounds to last that long. 🤣

  • @Thasard said:

    There are four types of killers:

    Killers that put on Hex: Ruin

    1) Because they need that extra time to have the advantage

    2) Because they think it's funny when all four survivors are killed before 1-2 gens are done.

    Killers that don't put Hex: Ruin on

    3) Because they don't need to waste a slot for that perk when they're good and always get 2 - 4 kills with that killer.

    4) And aren't good enough at killer so they get gen rushed and face camp one person to try to guarantee a kill.

    Don't expect a built-in perk for baby killers unless you want survivor mains to demand a built-in perk for them.

    I don't enjoy killer play because I don't like first-person view, but I can still get a kill here and there without hex ruin. Usually get 2-4 kills with Hillbilly but don't play enough to level up as killer. I honestly rarely even equip hex ruin because I rarely want my killer rounds to last that long. 🤣

    At rank 20 it's overkill. At high ranks it buys you maybe one minute of slower gen progression.

  • Hahahaha get gud

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/657914#Comment_657914

    They wouldn’t have been helpless though, people have to choose a side to defend on big maps like this, preferably the side without the killer shack and then cut chase if it last too long.

    I mean I'd say that's true to a certain extent. In my opinion that's not great design though and those kind of maps do need some kind of improvements. Maybe the swamp maps treatement. Those have been reduced in size and now feel much more balanced.

    Thing is, if you only stay on one side all game, than survivors, once they get hit, can just always run to the other side of the map, since all the pallets will be there. The killer will not follow them, and then the game will just turn into a stalemate more or less. That's of course not for any of the more powerful killers, but some of the weaker ones.

    I don't know, but I do feel like the lower tier killers need some kind of small buffs to have a bit more of a chance to do chases fast enough and also be able to apply enough map pressure. Maybe the map reworks will help in this case, but for killers like Clown or Wraith, I do feel like they could use just some small buffs.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/657963#Comment_657963

    I mean I'd say that's true to a certain extent. In my opinion that's not great design though and those kind of maps do need some kind of improvements. Maybe the swamp maps treatement. Those have been reduced in size and now feel much more balanced.

    Thing is, if you only stay on one side all game, than survivors, once they get hit, can just always run to the other side of the map, since all the pallets will be there. The killer will not follow them, and then the game will just turn into a stalemate more or less. That's of course not for any of the more powerful killers, but some of the weaker ones.

    I don't know, but I do feel like the lower tier killers need some kind of small buffs to have a bit more of a chance to do chases fast enough and also be able to apply enough map pressure. Maybe the map reworks will help in this case, but for killers like Clown or Wraith, I do feel like they could use just some small buffs.

    Hopefully map reworks will come faster than 2 a year, it’d make things a lot easier.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658290#Comment_658290

    Hopefully map reworks will come faster than 2 a year, it’d make things a lot easier.

    I mean I've got my fingers crossed that there will be some this patch. I think Haddonfield was planned next after the Badham maps? But I would also just love to see if they somehow changed the rng so that more mindgameable loops would appear on the Autowrecker heaven maps and Coldwind farm maps. Of course I don't know, but I feel like that couldn't take too long to do. At the very least rework the insane window loops on maps like mother's dwelling, Ironworks or Torment Creek. That should be easy.

    It's a much better way to buff weaker killers than extending objective time since it only really buffs them and not the stronger killers, since they don't rely on mindgaming survivors on loops.

  • today i had a game as mikey on his map.

    i hit tier 3, downed 1 survivor gen pops, 2nd down, pick him up, hook him (hook was 2 meters away) and boom 2 other gens pop before i even got to pick/find the second downed survivor. this was about 2 minute mark.

    they had 1 yellow toolbox with bnp

    oh and ruin was up the whole time.

    tysnwkgwyc631.png


  • @deadbyjeff said:

    today i had a game as mikey on his map.

    i hit tier 3, downed 1 survivor gen pops, 2nd down, pick him up, hook him (hook was 2 meters away) and boom 2 other gens pop before i even got to pick/find the second downed survivor. this was about 2 minute mark.

    they had 1 yellow toolbox with bnp

    oh and ruin was up the whole time.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/164/RHJ0R77DLYY3.png

    Myself and many others relate to this heavily mate. Remember, it's perfectly ok for survivors to do their objective. Killers however, cannot!

    Btw, love the meme, gave me a good laugh :)

  • @Catbucket said:

    Id like to point out, a lot of redrank killers DONT use hex:ruin. People are overblowing this video to enormous proportions, because this ######### happens maybe once in a thousand games, from only the most experienced teams, or when the killer is afk/trolling

    When I play m1 killers who do not have high mobility and can't apply too much pressure genrush happens at least 3 out of 5 games at red ranks.

1 2 3 ›