Gen rush, looping, camping and tunneling are both sides doing their objective.

As the title says, all these things are both sides doing their objective. They aren’t always fun to face but people treat this game as a competitive game so people will do these things.

Comments

  • I agree with you, that's why when I want to tunnel, I tunnel; when I want to camp, I camp, and when I want to try hard, I try hard. There is no "rules book" in this game, it isn't competitive, I just want to have fun and I don't care about survivors when I play killer, I just care about me having fun.

  • Agreed. People who throw around the word "ToXIc" and refer to these things make me laugh.

  • @Awakey said:

    Agreed. People who throw around the word "ToXIc" and refer to these things make me laugh.

    I find it funny whenever people complain about ‘toxic’ gameplay, someone pressing a key/R2/RT shouldn’t offend anyone. The only ‘toxic’ things are endgame chat/endgame messages. Even then though you should report and move on or feed on the salt.

  • Sorry, but I don't agree. Gen rush and looping don't let you escape for sure. Camping and tunneling = 3k/4k always. Not the same.

    Imagine if killer can't hit a survivor if he's doing a gen until he finish doing it. This is the survivor's version of camping.

    Imagine if a gen is stopped and when a survivor start again the gen is automatically finished. This is the survivor's version a tunneling.

  • @prayer_survivor said:

    Sorry, but I don't agree. Gen rush and looping don't let you escape for sure. Camping and tunneling = 3k/4k always. Not the same.

    Imagine if killer can't hit a survivor if he's doing a gen until he finish doing it. This is the survivor's version of camping.

    Imagine if a gen is stopped and when a survivor start again the gen is automatically finished. This is the survivor's version a tunneling.

    They don’t guarantee a 3/4K though.

  • Exactly right. Gens do get done too fast though. I totally expect it, and deal with it well, but gens get done too fast. On the farm map I've seen a gen go off before I could even cross the map. As a survivor I've seen 3 gens pop simultaneously in 60 seconds. (Red ranks)

    I think survivors should need to find a generator part, and install it on the gen they want to do. Make it so a gen cannot be worked on unless a part has been installed. That would make the game extremely well balanced, and slooooooooooow things down a little.

  • big fat +1, agree, 100% thumbs up.

  • @Chickenchaser said:

    Exactly right. Gens do get done too fast though. I totally expect it, and deal with it well, but gens get done too fast. On the farm map I've seen a gen go off before I could even cross the map. As a survivor I've seen 3 gens pop simultaneously in 60 seconds. (Red ranks)

    I think survivors should need to find a generator part, and install it on the gen they want to do. Make it so a gen cannot be worked on unless a part has been installed. That would make the game extremely well balanced, and slooooooooooow things down a little.

    I'd have to disagree with you, for your reasoning. Three gens being done in sixty seconds just makes sense, one person distracts and three people do gens if the chase goes on for that period of time, thats just the survivors doing the objectives efficiently. Coldwind farm is a large map, if multipul survivors do one gen they will very likely get it done before you cross the map, that's just the dynamic of the map. These are expected features of the game, they abide the logic and are encouraged.


    But on the other hand I do with that the games went on a little bit longer, maybe 5 or so seconds onto eatch gen or something, just to make the game a little more interactive. You can always run perks to try to slow the game down if you are having the issue of the gens being done to fast, that's why they are there. (Not trying to be rude, not targeting you.) Or simple just get better at killer, as your job is apply pressure.

  • @Chickenchaser said:

    Exactly right. Gens do get done too fast though. I totally expect it, and deal with it well, but gens get done too fast. On the farm map I've seen a gen go off before I could even cross the map. As a survivor I've seen 3 gens pop simultaneously in 60 seconds. (Red ranks)

    I think survivors should need to find a generator part, and install it on the gen they want to do. Make it so a gen cannot be worked on unless a part has been installed. That would make the game extremely well balanced, and slooooooooooow things down a little.

    Yeah but then come the complaints "OHHH survivors find parts too quickly!!!"

  • @prayer_survivor said:

    Sorry, but I don't agree. Gen rush and looping don't let you escape for sure. Camping and tunneling = 3k/4k always. Not the same.

    Imagine if killer can't hit a survivor if he's doing a gen until he finish doing it. This is the survivor's version of camping.

    Imagine if a gen is stopped and when a survivor start again the gen is automatically finished. This is the survivor's version a tunneling.

    Except they don't. Tunneling, if done correctly, gets an early kill, not a guaranteed win. Camping, if dealt with, in a 1k, MAYBE a 2k.

  • Looping and "gen rushing" is just survivors playing efficient and doing their objective. Tunneling and camping is just ruining the fun of the game for others, including the killer. As a killer main, it does help to off one person quickly - it makes a world of a difference.


    But tunneling one person the whole game and camping the entire time is bs.

  • @Rouge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636746#Comment_636746

    I'd have to disagree with you, for your reasoning. Three gens being done in sixty seconds just makes sense, one person distracts and three people do gens if the chase goes on for that period of time, thats just the survivors doing the objectives efficiently. Coldwind farm is a large map, if multipul survivors do one gen they will very likely get it done before you cross the map, that's just the dynamic of the map. These are expected features of the game, they abide the logic and are encouraged.

    But on the other hand I do with that the games went on a little bit longer, maybe 5 or so seconds onto eatch gen or something, just to make the game a little more interactive. You can always run perks to try to slow the game down if you are having the issue of the gens being done to fast, that's why they are there. (Not trying to be rude, not targeting you.) Or simple just get better at killer, as your job is apply pressure.

    You don't necessarily need to be chasing a survivor for 60 seconds. It might take you 20, or 30 seconds to find a survivor in the beginning. But I totally expect survivors to do things efficiently. I don't mind that survivors do it. I do it myself. But I'm not biased. I know what it's like on the low-mid tier killer side also. I'm willing to admit that it's a little insane how fast gens can get repaired. You can't say it's not insane. How could you look ate the pop times, and say otherwise?

    I know very few people will agree with me because the majority are scared to death of change. Even if that change is good for the game balance imo.