Plag

I'm a survivor main.

In my opinion the Plague is a weak as long as you don't cleanse, especially that she has a terrible hit box, meaning dodging her hits is very easy. The only time I find the Plague challenging when a survivor cleanses, or when the Plague is using Black Incense (when the Plague can see your aura every time you vomit for five seconds).

So in my opinion I think there should be an implementation in the Plague's base kit which encourages good survivors to cleanse. This is opinion is from playing against the Plague, as I don't play as her. As in her current state she isn't viable at higher ranks.

Comments

  • I mean, I can still land lots of hits with her all the time, but I wouldn't mind survivors getting extra points for cleansing (200-400?) to incentivate the cleansing.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    I mean, I can still land lots of hits with her all the time, but I wouldn't mind survivors getting extra points for cleansing (200-400?) to incentivate the cleansing.

    Still wouldn't be an incentive, as cleansing would be gift the game in the Plague's favour. I mean have something like Black Sense being the inbuilt kit, if you don't cleanse the plague knows your location.

    EDIT: Or being infected inflicts a objective progression penalty.

  • I believe Plague should behave in a similar way to old Freddy without the aura reading. Still gives the healing but gives a repair speed debuff as well.

  • Plague perma Myers Tier 3 sounds good in the paper but you know the problem when survivors just ignore her power and still work on gens because... there's nothing to do lol

    She's a killer that no one fears. I think she is balanced but she needs serious changes in her power

  • She's way too slow when holding Vile and Corrupt Purge. Revert her speed nerf and make it so that infected Survivors have a 25% action speed reduction.

  • All of the ways to counter Plague also happen to be the fastest way to get gens done:

    Spread out

    Don't heal or cleanse

    Play conservative at pallets (there are a ton, don't worry)

    This is the problem with Plague. Her mechanics essentially force you into playing against optimal survivor strategy almost every game. You can mitigate some of it with Enduring/Spirit Fury and Infectious Fright, but she faces an insane time crunch every game.

  • What I find annoying is that I, as the KILLER, can't decide not to ingest the corruption. Either Survivors or the game itself control my power more than I do.

    If I want to prevent Survivors from healing after awhile, so I can down them?

    TOO BAD! Once the last fountain is corrupted, you're given the Corrupt Purge, you're FORCED to use it, and all the fountains revert. Screw you for trying to be tactical, Killer. The Survivors would not like that, so you can't do it.

  • @Locker_Monster said:

    What I find annoying is that I, as the KILLER, can't decide not to ingest the corruption. Either Survivors or the game itself control my power more than I do.

    If I want to prevent Survivors from healing after awhile, so I can down them?

    TOO BAD! Once the last fountain is corrupted, you're given the Corrupt Purge, you're FORCED to use it, and all the fountains revert. Screw you for trying to be tactical, Killer. The Survivors would not like that, so you can't do it.

    Or when you do want to ingest the Corruption, it's in Narnia and you lose all your pressure to go get it.

  • Her hit boxes are fine, I actually never saw Plagues having problems in landing hits.

    You can use Monitor and Abuse to catch broken survivors off guard, Infectious Fright is very good on her now that it works with Corrupt Purge too, Thanatophobia + Pop Goes the Weasel can help you to slow down the game if survivors don't cleanse and Enduring + Spirit Fury can also help you to down broken survivors more easier.

    Also, you can use Apples to get your power and force the survivors to cleanse, because they know that you will get your Corrupt Purge anyway.