Is this classed as "Camping"?
Usually you see Killers patrol the area around the hook when a survivor is on it. Was just wondering if this was classed as camping? I've seen a few survivors say it was "Camping" but I always thought camping was where you're standing literally next to the hook and making it impossible to get away.
Comments
I was literally called a face camper last night because I hooked a guy then the gates got powered on so I stayed near the hook patrolling it and a door. You cannot please salty survivors unless you go out of your way to give them every chance to win. This dude ran up, knowing I was near, got downed (NOED FTW), hit his Little Dick Perk (dstrike, he wasn’t the obsession so I had no idea he had it, those are the most triggering) and I still caught him again and hooked him and he showered me with salt.
Played a 4 person SWF earlier in the night and as I am carrying one to the hook two of the other ones are swarming around me. I hook and there are scratch marks everywhere... why would I leave? They end up getting 1 gen done and all die. Of course I get messages saying I’m trash and a camper. Of course this SWF group had four sprint burst, four self care, and four dstrike.
You even get salt from survivors as a survivor. I was on Coldwind Saturday night and got downed by a LF. He took me all the way to the basement and then was face camping (he ended up being a butt hurt killer who was butt hurt that I’d escaped him the match before this). Anyway, the other three survivors pop two gens and then all three rush the hook. Two get downed, I get rescued and put into BT bleedout, LF tunnels me. All four of us die, all of them ended up getting downed doing that stupid rescue. One of them messages me after the game literally upset and blaming me for what happened because I got hooked in the basement.
Jeez, sorry that you had to be put through that man
I guess no matter what as a Killer, you'll always get grief from the other survivors. It's almost as if they expect you to play stupid and go along with it. At times I hook somebody and run across the map and I'm thinking to myself "Why am I running across the map aimlessly? I want to patrol the hook and make sure they don't rescue them". The reason I run across the map is because if I don't then it's just pure toxicity afterwards. But then I'll feel bad if I do patrol the hook because I don't want them to complain. Idk, I guess I'm too nice.
If it doesn't guarantee a free unhook, it's camping.
If the guy on hook can hear your terror radius the whole time he is on then yes you are camping.
Unless all the gens that are left are close to the hook as well.
Anyone saying otherwise is biased killer main.
Standing next to the hook is hard camp while "patrol" is not as hard but also is.
Truth.
Killer still on the map after hooking someone? That's camping.
That's... a joke statement, right? Sorry, I genuinely can't tell. It's stupid enough for me to think it's a joke, but at the same time it's juuuuust believable enough for me to think otherwise?
sounds about right. what is the purpose of being so close? the exact same as standing in front of them. the killer's attention is focused on the hook. "patrolling" is merely an attempt to conceal what is obvious to others.
an advocate such as yourself conveys the basic truth as to the soundness of such a tactic.
These threads are always entertaining.
Oooh, good job of being so unbiased yourself by saying ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS A FILTHY KILLER MAIN CUZ MY IDEAS ARE THE TRUTH AND I"M THE DEVELOPER OF THE GAME SO I MAKE THE RULES kind of attitude.
Trust us all on this OP, this kind of player who posts like this will even call you a camper if your still on the map after hooking someone.
I'll camp just for the salty tears afterward on my Steam profile
Good seeing ya on the forums dude
You know the Terror Radius is uh, how you say... quite big?
you infer i desire to be like you when i could easily argue it is vice versa.
sounds like patrolling to me
a silly argument. if the killer can be heard, he is close enough for some tunneling. generally only done because they are so good.