Thumbs up?
What happens when you give someone a thumbs up on the end screen?
I've handed out a few of them, but I'm wondering is it even worth it.
What happens when you give someone a thumbs up on the end screen?
I've handed out a few of them, but I'm wondering is it even worth it.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Right now, the thumbs up are not used for anything. They are tracked and we can see who's getting the most. We'd like to use them a little more in the future, so if you've got suggestions, we'd love to hear them.
My only worthwhile suggestion I can think of is maybe giving the player who got a thumbs up gets some bloodpoints otherwise I really can't think of anything.
yeah, something like a few hundred bloodpoints. also letting the person know who gave the thumbs up and bloodpoints, that way they know who was a good sport. and who knows, could help the community be a bit more positive... maybe... possibly.
Give someone another 10% bonus BP plus a few shards on top of everything else if they receive a props. Plus a notification that you got a thumbs up by someone. Very minor thing that promotes positivity which is something this game desperately needs.
Doesn't work between SWFs players to avoid abuse.
Extra bloodpoints would just get abused making the thumbs up worthless. I would just like to see the person get a notification saying thanks for being a good sport/player.
That's why if something like this was to happen it needs a cooldown of like 3-5 hours so it doesn't become a exploitation fest.
make it like old honor system in lol . person who get 100 thumbs up will get some kind of boreder on endscreen or sth with letters in name . and make it few lvls .
lvl 1 - 10 thumbs up
lvl 2 - 50 ..
and swf cant thumbs up each other else it would be pointless
The only thing I'm looking forward to is being able to see how many thumbs up and reports you've had against you. This could help players see how well they're doing. Getting a thumbs up could be followed up with seeing who all has given you them and when, but reports (for obvious reasons) should remain anonymous. I think I player Survivor very well and very team-oriented, but I'd like to know that the community thinks the same. Plus, if I could see what types of reports have been put against me, I'd know what to improve on.
MM priority based on thumb ups/unsportsmanship reports would be a reasonable albeit a hard-to-implement feature
My suggestion is:
This will encourage players to play daily as well as be good sports in order to get thumbs up.
Or instead of daily have it where you can choose a cool outfit or item after getting so many thumbs up every month before reset.
It is easily abuseable. Friends can keep giving each other thumbs up, regardless of performance. Those who do play well yet don't play woth friends will not see much of a benefit. Other than to see what other's opinion is of you it is difficult to really work legitimately.