Why can’t console users change their display name like PC users?

I mean, it’d be fun to change my display name to show the build I’m playing.

Comments

  • Changing your name on PC is a feature of Steam, not Dead By Daylight.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Changing your name on PC is a feature of Steam, not Dead By Daylight.

    My dude with the Answer. Thank you.

    It’d be a cool feature though nah?!

  • You can if you change your ps4/xbox accounts name. I think its $5 a change though on PS4/Xbox.

    Steam and Nintendo offer this feature for Free DbD itself doesn't have name changing like @SenzuDuck said.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    You can if you change your ps4/xbox accounts name. I think its $5 a change though on PS4/Xbox.

    Steam and Nintendo offer this feature for Free DbD itself doesn't have name changing like @SenzuDuck said.

    It’s been free for a few years on Xbox too. Guess that’s just a PlayStation issue.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    You can if you change your ps4/xbox accounts name. I think its $5 a change though on PS4/Xbox.

    Steam and Nintendo offer this feature for Free DbD itself doesn't have name changing like @SenzuDuck said.

    I’m happy with my “Gamertag” but it’s be fun to change my display name, I always wanted to be Flasher Meg for when I run a Flshlight. Just sounds fun...

  • I read somewhere the Username (PSN ID) is primary key in database that is why it was impossible to change it and now you need to pay to change it.

  • on xbox you only get one free gamertag change after that it's money

  • Lol what a silly question

  • @BigBubs said:

    Lol what a silly question

    Thanks for being so helpful.

    don't quit on the salt my dude! =)

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    You can if you change your ps4/xbox accounts name. I think its $5 a change though on PS4/Xbox.

    Steam and Nintendo offer this feature for Free DbD itself doesn't have name changing like @SenzuDuck said.

    Be careful changing your name on ps4. A lot of games stop working properly when you change your name and you can lose all your progress because the system wasn't designed with name changes in mind. A lot of games have additional parameters that call for the first name you had behind the scenes.

  • You do still have a gamertag bound to you on steam which you use to log in to steam. Just the nickname other players see can be changed.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/627709#Comment_627709

    Be careful changing your name on ps4. A lot of games stop working properly when you change your name and you can lose all your progress because the system wasn't designed with name changes in mind. A lot of games have additional parameters that call for the first name you had behind the scenes.

    iirc this happens with some old cod games.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    You can if you change your ps4/xbox accounts name. I think its $5 a change though on PS4/Xbox.

    Steam and Nintendo offer this feature for Free DbD itself doesn't have name changing like @SenzuDuck said.

    This /\..... it's free the first time you change it and you can change it back to your original psn within 30days after that its 5$ to change your PSN again

  • Praise the Gabe

  • You can change your name on Xbox but it costs $10.