Problems with killer lunges

With bad pallet and window placement, many survivor mains have found that dodging attacks is just as viable and time wasting and i think the developers should embrace this mechanic. The reason perks like dead hard are so frequently picked is because it’s a lot of fun to watch a killer think they have you, just to come up empty handed.

That’s where lunges become problems, not only do they close the gap from a survivor not having a red stain on their back to a easy hit, but killers can easily turn they’re velocity to suit what ever way a survivor reacts, that’s where i would like a change. A lunge is sending all you momentum towards a certain direction and for killers to be able to lunge and turn their strikes completely behind them.

For game health, killers should have they’re direction and turning locked when they lunge. To compensate for this nerf, lunging would receive more distance, but also more recovery from a missed attack. This would reward good players that are thinking ahead of survivors, and add a little bit of a learning curve to playing killers.

I’ve had this idea for a long time and instead of completely writing this off, find a way to rework it, because this wouldn’t be a nerf or a buff, but more of a gamble mechanic of where you think survivors would go. Killers that are worried about hitting players still have the regular swing to ensure if you gain your distance on a survivor, you are rewarded.

Leave any comments you have and please be constructive instead of totally writing it off.

Comments

  • @Chaddad2169 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/612309#Comment_612309

    The killer mains are just little babies that think every little thing that survivors do is OP and unfair.

    I'm getting sick of survivors being constantly nerfed into oblivion becomes killers can't learn to adapt then as a soon as a survivor suggests a revert to one of their nerfs or a change to killers they start going crazy as if the world is going to end.

    Killer mains need to stop being so ridiculous

    Well, us killers are sick of getting all the nerfs (Freddy rework exception). Almost every balance change is in survivor's favor.

    Survivors complain about PLENTY:

    NOED

    Camping (a non-issue)

    Nurse

    and Spirit.

    And that's it. Everything that survivors find challenging to go against, they want nerfed into the ground. It makes us killers not want to deal with you.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/612335#Comment_612335

    Well, us killers are sick of getting all the nerfs (Freddy rework exception). Almost every balance change is in survivor's favor.

    Survivors complain about PLENTY:

    NOED

    Camping (a non-issue)

    Nurse

    and Spirit.

    And that's it. Everything that survivors find challenging to go against, they want nerfed into the ground. It makes us killers not want to deal with you.

    NOED isn't challenging, it's a joke of a perk.

    I fail my objective so I get free kills 🙂

  • @Dabomb932 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/614067#Comment_614067

    yeah it was more bait to get people to comment better ideas about what it should be. you fell for it and wasted a lot of time, and didn’t even give anything in return instead disproving a bad idea already 😂

    I didn't fall for anything. I was already on the forums discussing DbD. Someone gave a ######### idea and I said what I wanted. Simple

  • @Chaddad2169 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616086#Comment_616086

    NOED isn't challenging, it's a joke of a perk.

    I fail my objective so I get free kills 🙂

    Or survivors fail to get all the totems. Their ignorance is my gain.

  • @Dabomb932 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/614140#Comment_614140

    i play on console 😂 unless you’re playing huntress they’re really isn’t too much aiming in this game so i don’t know what you’re talking about. the lunges are broken, because it’s not a lunge it’s a boost. after my idea i said if you don’t like it, come up with something else because i know mine wasn’t the best, but to bring up aiming? 😂 tf?

    Lunges are broken? So are survivor 360ing. Like have you seen how quickly survivor can turn, while going in full sprint? Can you do that? Is it even physically possibe? No, it isnt. You are saying killer's lunges, make no sense, and want to nerf, without even considering that survivors movement is equally unrealistic.

  • I thought this was gonna be a post about how killers miss a lot more since they 'adjusted' the swing animations to be easier to read. My muscle memory feels out of whack since those changes, and I always come up swinging short - lots of my quick attacks will hit walls while trying to hit a survivor I am chasing through a semi-narrow hallway. I also think that console survivors have learned how to break a killer's aim-assist. I can sometimes lunge at a surv from directly behind them and the surv does a quick zig zag making the me swing at multiple angles, rather than straight ahead. To be frank, I don't think they need to adjust killer swings any more than they have, they feel broken.

  • If you nerf those Lunge attacks it would be a lot harder too hit surviver because they can dodge lunge hits easier and it shouldn't be that easy too waste the killer a lot of time. Look at dbd mobile i mean when you lunge you get 360 and you can't do something.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/612335#Comment_612335

    Well, us killers are sick of getting all the nerfs (Freddy rework exception). Almost every balance change is in survivor's favor.

    Survivors complain about PLENTY:

    NOED

    Camping (a non-issue)

    Nurse

    and Spirit.

    And that's it. Everything that survivors find challenging to go against, they want nerfed into the ground. It makes us killers not want to deal with you.

    wut

  • I'll start off with my experience. Been playing for about 2 weeks on xbox. started with wraith and meg. prestiged meg immediately and immediately regretted it, rip perks. rank 11 surv trying to get teachables like self care. played hag to get teachables then moved to GF at rank 14 am now rank 5. Take that as you will, hopefully not in an unreasonable way tho.

    Now what I think:

    To me a long straight lunge is similar to Billy's chainsaw w/o the ability to delay the activation. Not delaying the activation, seen only with lower skilled players, leaves you easily predictable and avoidable. One of the biggest advantages a lone surv has against a killer is looping with pallets and windows. which comes down to a surv ability to tightly hug walls and turn corners around obstacles with their smaller collision frame compared to killers. This lunge would seriously wound a killers ability to counter loops. As they would need to need to be breathing down your neck to swipe at a surv vaulting or waiting to pallet drop. If a killer wanted to actually attempt a hit on a surv around a corner they would need a wider more choreographed movement to line up the lunge to even dream of hitting a surv at a pallet while looping. Thus giving the surv more time to prevent the killers advance.

    It may help with straight shots to a vault or pallet but specifically window vaulting seems inconsistent as to whether the hit lands or collides with the obstacle. For me at least, sometimes I hit after the vault sometimes I hit wall mid-vault.

    Yes we could mitigate missing with a perk. But that is less skilled orientated. Right now if killers can time their blows to hit at the right moment it is not needed. With the straight lunge it is less the killers skill and more the surv skill with dodging hits which would take less skill because would only take a 90 degree turn or sidestep to dodge. (how about a sidestep perk for surv or too much like dead hard?)

    It shouldn't take a nerf to make a perk viable tbh. it's a perk that for my 1st few games as killer seemed intriguing cuz I kept missing my swipes (didnt know I could lunge at the time, killer tutorial amiright?) but I knew to avoid it because it was a user skill mitigation type perk and those are typically not good in any game.

    TLDR; it would be a nerf to killers with respect to the current surv gameplay meta of looping.

1 2 ›