I want a 5th perk slot!

That will make me have more fun and use unpopular perks

Comments

  • I do too, but you know that people would just smack on NOED or something onto their current builds :(

  • I want a lambo that will make have more fun . And drive to unpopular places

  • No. The game has been based (and ""balanced"") around 4 perks. You simply can't come with such a big change after 3 years.

  • I want a 5th Perk slot for Killers, but not for Survivors. Perhaps the 5th Killer perk slot can be a normal, or have a limitation (ie, no hexes, no Obsession, no Exposed, etc).

  • If all survivors gets 5 perk slots and killer too, it would by 25 perks vs 5 perks, so killer perks would need a major buff :0

  • I want a minimally-adjustable, duration-based, process-of-elimination 5th perk slot!

    AKA a perk slot where you load it with 5 different perks, and it picks one at random over the course of the next 5 matches, but it doesn't repeat any of them and you can't change your selection after you lock it in.

    Furthermore, if you forget to reload it at the end with 5 new perks (which MUST be different from the last 5 you selected), then you will play the match without the use of this special slot.

    A nice benefit here is you'll always know what perk will be used on your 5th match. Maybe you can even see a tally of which ones have been used in previous matches, and which ones remain. Oh, and of course, during the 5-match duration, you can't select any of the special-perk roster for your standard 4 perk slots.

  • The 5th perk goes in the centre, it is easy:

    image.png


  • Adding a 5th will not unbalance the game, is not a big deal, not so noticeable

  • oh, i just had the perfect idea to implement such a 5th perk slot!

    by using a perk called "Why Not?", you give yourself said 5th perk slot. of course you can decide which of the many possible perks you want to equip, its not random. that would be awful...

  • @Mister_xD said:

    oh, i just had the perfect idea to implement such a 5th perk slot!

    by using a perk called "Why Not?", you give yourself said 5th perk slot. of course you can decide which of the many possible perks you want to equip, its not random. that would be awful...

    Wait, a perk that gives you a 5th slot? But that means you use a perk slot in order to gain a perk slot, so you still only have 4 usable perks.

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609367#Comment_609367

    Wait, a perk that gives you a 5th slot? But that means you use a perk slot in order to gain a perk slot, so you still only have 4 usable perks.

    yes.

    its perfectly balanced - and there is no reason to not equip the perk ^^

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609401#Comment_609401

    yes.

    its perfectly balanced - and there is no reason to not equip the perk ^^

    I would take it any time ;) (saw this in the other thread)

  • @Mister_xD said:

    oh, i just had the perfect idea to implement such a 5th perk slot!

    by using a perk called "Why Not?", you give yourself said 5th perk slot. of course you can decide which of the many possible perks you want to equip, its not random. that would be awful...

    What if both the survivor and killer could use a 5th perk, BUT it's random! You have no choice on what you'll get!


  • @hahugow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609367#Comment_609367

    oh how smart you are! feel proud of your brain composing un-funny irony comments? git gud

    It’s not like Mister_xD tried insulting you anything. Why do you have to right such a negative comment?

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609367#Comment_609367

    What if both the survivor and killer could use a 5th perk, BUT it's random! You have no choice on what you'll get!

    I almost posted exactly that with my suggestion, but then I feel kinda bad for the newbie survivor that draws No Mither.

    That's why I think selecting 5 perks to go into the randomizer is a safer idea.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609367#Comment_609367

    What if both the survivor and killer could use a 5th perk, BUT it's random! You have no choice on what you'll get!

    That would make me happy

  • If both killers and survivors got a extra perk slot, I don't think it would change much. Someone on Reddit posted a cool rework for perks. Each perk would have a different point value, ranging from 1 to 4. You have a total of 8 points fora loadout. The points each perk has depends on their strength. S you could either run 8 weak perks, or two strong perks, or mix and match.

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609463#Comment_609463

    I almost posted exactly that with my suggestion, but then I feel kinda bad for the newbie survivor that draws No Mither.

    That's why I think selecting 5 perks to go into the randomizer is a safer idea.

    If you get a really bad perk, you can discard it or pay BP for a second roll.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609475#Comment_609475

    If you get a really bad perk, you can discard it or pay BP for a second roll.

    Ooooooh! I like!

  • What if you get 5 Hex perks, including Haunted Grounds? Would the game create a 6th totem?

  • I think a 5th perk slot should be for teachables only. That way you can’t run a Ruin, BBQ/PGTW, Enduring, Spirit Fury, and NOED build on every Killer. Only two of these Killers actually kinda need the build though (Leatherface and Clown). Billy’s strong without it and it doesn’t make sense to use Enduring and Spirit Fury on Hag and Spirit.

  • Put 5th teachable perk to replace item slot (survivors only, unable to pickup item for that trial)

    I do think this is quite fair, image a dead survivor drop a key, you're the last survivor that can not pick it up. And the perk you put in the 5th slot is strict

  • The 5th perk wont break anything neither unbalance nothing~

  • well, someone woke up in a bad mood today.

    i am very sorry you cant handle humor, so let me give you an serious answer now:

    no.

    horrible idea, would completely fck the balancing.


    there you go ^^

    happy now?

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609367#Comment_609367

    What if both the survivor and killer could use a 5th perk, BUT it's random! You have no choice on what you'll get!

    i thought of that aswell while writing the comment, but i came to the conclusion that the game would be way too RNG reliant at that point.

    that 5th perk could change the entire outcome of the game, if you get lets say NOED randomly selected, you have a VERY strong build, but if the game gives you Spies, you dont.

    what if survivors randomly get struck with no mither? or what if they randomly get adrenaline? you see, that would just be way too reliant on RNG... i wouldnt like tat, since im generally not a fan of gameplay mechanics that involve RNG.

  • This topic again? No, we don't need a 5th perk slot.

    And btw, people wouldn't use unpopular perks just because that extra slot, quite the opposite.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609463#Comment_609463

    i thought of that aswell while writing the comment, but i came to the conclusion that the game would be way too RNG reliant at that point.

    that 5th perk could change the entire outcome of the game, if you get lets say NOED randomly selected, you have a VERY strong build, but if the game gives you Spies, you dont.

    what if survivors randomly get struck with no mither? or what if they randomly get adrenaline? you see, that would just be way too reliant on RNG... i wouldnt like tat, since im generally not a fan of gameplay mechanics that involve RNG.

    Well, again that why I liked my idea above for creating a roster of 5 perks which will be chosen randomly, and you change it after 5 games.

    • It encourages the use of less common perks since most people will use their favorites on the standard 4 perk slots.
    • It's not entirely random as you get to pick the roster, therefore ensuring you don't get saddled with No Mither if you don't want it.
    • Limitations could be set, such as no Hexes (on the other hand, a hex on the roster means you only get to use it for 1 out of 5 games, so that probably balances out.)
    • You have to choose your roster strategically as you will go 5 matches without those perks for your standard 4 slots. (If you put Adrenaline on your roster, you'll only have the super-powerful loadout for 1 match. I'd say that's about equal to a killer using ultra rare add-ons for a match here and there.)
    • You can opt out of the 5th perk by not re-filling the roster (and maybe include an option to disable the 5th perk for a match and pause progression on the current roster.)

    Oh, an for the record, I find Spies to be exceptionally useful! 😏

  • A 5th perk slot with only a teachable perk from the survivor / killer is a very good idea I think ! That will add more fun on this game!

  • @Piwatte said:

    A 5th perk slot with only a teachable perk from the survivor / killer is a very good idea I think ! That will add more fun on this game!

    So a Claudette with self care and 4 other perks. A Lori with D's and 4 other . After 5 perks why not 5, 6,7,or 20

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    If all survivors gets 5 perk slots and killer too, it would by 25 perks vs 5 perks, so killer perks would need a major buff :0

    4*5=20 btw

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610375#Comment_610375

    So a Claudette with self care and 4 other perks. A Lori with D's and 4 other . After 5 perks why not 5, 6,7,or 20

    So a hag with always ruins, so a billy with enduring, etc etc.

    So many perks are not used, the 5th perk could be random, I don't know. Or add a gameplay with 4 random perks for the 5 players.

    20 perks ? If we can't talk to you, just move away. We're talking about a suggestion. If you don't want to talk, don't. thanks !

  • @Piwatte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610412#Comment_610412

    So a hag with always ruins, so a billy with enduring, etc etc.

    So many perks are not used, the 5th perk could be random, I don't know. Or add a gameplay with 4 random perks for the 5 players.

    20 perks ? If we can't talk to you, just move away. We're talking about a suggestion. If you don't want to talk, don't. thanks !

    I guess what I should what happens when 5 isn't fun anymore ?

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610420#Comment_610420

    I guess what I should what happens when 5 isn't fun anymore ?

    Why it won't be fun anymore ?

    3 years later : always the same thing : 4 perks, 5 gens, 2 doors.


    In fact I would like the 5 perks in 1 month, after that ten perks only for survivors 3 months after, and delete all perks for the killers after that. What do you think about that ? I'm joking.

    I'm talking about something they can do, not something they have to do + what they have to do after this idea of a 5th perk slot.

    Waiting the archive and events = not fun.

  • @Piwatte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610424#Comment_610424

    Why it won't be fun anymore ?

    3 years later : always the same thing : 4 perks, 5 gens, 2 doors.

    In fact I would like the 5 perks in 1 month, after that ten perks only for survivors 3 months after, and delete all perks for the killers after that. What do you think about that ? I'm joking.

    I'm talking about something they can do, not something they have to do + what they have to do after this idea of a 5th perk slot.

    Waiting the archive and events = not fun.

    For the same reason people are saying 4 isn't fun anymore

  • @Piwatte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610424#Comment_610424

    Why it won't be fun anymore ?

    3 years later : always the same thing : 4 perks, 5 gens, 2 doors.

    In fact I would like the 5 perks in 1 month, after that ten perks only for survivors 3 months after, and delete all perks for the killers after that. What do you think about that ? I'm joking.

    I'm talking about something they can do, not something they have to do + what they have to do after this idea of a 5th perk slot.

    Waiting the archive and events = not fun.

    For the same 4 perks aren't fun now

  • It's worth mentioning that each time a new chapter is released, 6 new perks are added to the game (assuming it's a killer AND survivor chapter). Wow, that's 24 new perks per year! Unless, the new perks are as good or better than the current Top 10 choices, they'll rarely ever be used. This makes the development of them nearly pointless.

    For this reason, the sheer number of perks to choose from (and a growing number at that), we need a 5th perk slot so we can "safely" experiment with those that aren't top-tier.

    And yes, 3 years from now when there are 72 ADDITIONAL perks (wow, just imagine), we may need to add yet another perk slot so some of those have a chance to see the light of day.

  • So, something not fun for you will not be fun forever even with an update ? Ok.

  • @Piwatte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610454#Comment_610454

    So, something not fun for you will not be fun forever even with an update ? Ok.

    I'm not saying 4 perks aren't fun. I have fun with 4 perks. If it's fun the way it is now why change it to more.

  • It should be so that you can only choose from the character's teachables, and the perk is stuck at a lesser rank or something. Some perks (like WGLF) could be their rank 1 version, and more powerful perks (like self-care) could be a nerfed version (such as the old 30% self-heal speed). That way, it gives survivors some way to be unique as well.

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610484#Comment_610484

    I'm not saying 4 perks aren't fun. I have fun with 4 perks. If it's fun the way it is now why change it to more.

    Why update a game and add more fun to players who already having fun ?

  • @Piwatte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610493#Comment_610493

    Why update a game and add more fun to players who already having fun ?

    This game is being updated every chapter and mid chapter