Does Brutal Strength need a buff?

I mean I use it occasionally, but I feel like 20% isn't that much all things considered. The addition of the effect applying to kicking generators is a nice QOL change, but it still feels a little underwhelming. There really isn't a reason to use Brutal Strength when we have enduring, which Is another perk that helps deal with pallets. Maybe increase the percent to 25% will make it a little bit more appealing, but that is just me.

Comments

  • Definitely needs a buff. Brutal Strength isn't worth taking because there are too many pallets on the maps. It's next to impossible to clear out enough pallets to make a difference in the match. Gens will be done and not enough hooks will have been accumulated by the time a significant amount of pallets have been broken with Brutal Strength. No amount of time saved on breaking them with Brutal Strength will equal the time saved from a short stun+ instant break that leads to a hit via Enduring/Spirit Fury.

  • Agreed. A simple 5-10% speed buff should be enough to make it feel impactful but not overwhelming.

  • I actually did an experiment last night with Brutal Strength and Fire Up. Survivors still have time to reach the next pallet or window on most maps with Brutal Strength+5 stacks of Fire Up. It's really pointless.

  • Yeah, there is no reason to run Brutal Strength when Enduring + Spirit Fury. And now that they fixed Enduring, the pallet stun duration is really shirt with it.

  • if they make it 20/25/30 on Brutal Strenght, it would make the perk an actual choice.


    (besides that, tier 1 and 2 BS are useless and the nerf "compensation" it got when you guys buffed the base on breaking pallets was no compensation at all)

  • I like it but it was way, way better before

  • It should make gens regress faster when kicked.

  • Brutal Strength should activate the ability to kick survivors on the floor, resetting their recovery progress. The animation will be hilarious.

    I want this. I need this.

  • @ArecBalrin said:

    Brutal Strength should activate the ability to kick survivors on the floor, resetting their recovery progress. The animation will be hilarious.

    I want this. I need this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnxgQMSsc8c

    I need this too, I never slug but I would run it just to stomp on some insta-heal survivor lol


    I mean just add a timer so it would be a tactical perk and it would be totally fine and surprisingly original for DBD. Please @Peanits


    Also sorry for the mention

  • Its perfectly fine ,Imo.

  • I thought so many times.

    30/40/50 and it can come with a small speed buff after that.

  • Here's my idea:

    Brutal Strength:

    You break pallets and generators 40/45/50% faster. Generators you kick regress at normal/150%/200% speed.

  • @Awakey said:

    Here's my idea:

    Brutal Strength:

    You break pallets and generators 40/45/50% faster. Generators you kick regress at normal/150%/200% speed.

    Normal regression is 0.25c/s every second. Therefore, it will take 320 seconds for an 80 second (or 80 charges) generator to regress back to 0 seconds (or 0 charges).


    So, a 200% increase in regression will increase 0.25c/s to 0.75c/s. Therefore, it will take 106.67 seconds for an 80 second (or 80 charges) generator to regress back to 0 seconds (or 0 charges).


    I think that might be a little to good, maybe the values should be 50%/75%/100%?

  • @Awakey said:

    Here's my idea:

    Brutal Strength:

    You break pallets and generators 40/45/50% faster. Generators you kick regress at normal/150%/200% speed.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUMxMFLL0Io


  • @NMCKE

    I mean the total regression will be 150/200%, as in after the additional percent. I should've said 0/50/100% quicker regression.

  • Yeah let's buff it and use it with fire up plus the wraith and his light speed addons

  • @Awakey said:

    @NMCKE

    I mean the total regression will be 150/200%, as in after the additional percent. I should've said 0/50/100% quicker regression.

    Oh, sorry, then that's perfect, that will by a direct number cut like the developers did with Enduring 2 sec => 1 sec. 320 seconds => 160 seconds, which isn't bad at all! :)

  • Brutal strength definitely needs a buff.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    Yeah let's buff it and use it with fire up plus the wraith and his light speed addons

    Make it not stackable, boom what's the excuse now?

  • I think a better solution would be to rework the maps that need it.

  • Power of BS comes when you break the pallet from side that zones survivor. If you chase mindlessly then the effect feels pretty mininal.

  • Actually old brutal strength was faster than it is now. Back then pallets took more time to kick but brutal strength 3 would reduce the time to 1.8 seconds from 3 seconds. Now that pallet kicks are faster (2.6 seconds from 3 seconds)

    Brutal strength made a 1.2 second difference


    brutal strength's numbers were reduced from 20/30/40 to 10/15/20 because of faster base pallet breaking (now 2.6 seconds)

    Using the numbers, brutal strength 3 now makes pallets 2.08 seconds to kick. Basically it was nerfed.

    Brutal strength now makes a .52 second difference. Which is .5 seconds slower than old brutal. to fix this you would basically have to buff brutal strength's numbers by 11% making brutal strength 3 31% which is close enough to match 1.8 seconds

  • My brutal strengh idea would be:


    -you destroy pallets and generators 20/25/30% faster.

    -if you kick a generator it regression is increased by 50/75/100%

  • Just bump it up to 35%