Timer for hatch

Is it possible to implement timer for hatch, cuz some scums like to camp hatch and there is nothing I can do about it. (BTW, I mean killer camping hatch and not closing it)

Comments

  • While it kinda sucks, at least DCing to give your teammate hatch will no longer be a thing once dedicated servers come. DCing will leave a hudk, so hatch will remain closed until the husk dies.

  • Camping of any kind is not bannable nor against the rules.

  • @Orion He didnt say anything about bans. Im pretty sure hes just annoyed at being unable to hook the last survivor and get to the hatch fast enough to close it before the guy who was already standing ontop of it to simply jump in, even if you beelined it there as fast as possible.

  • @LordGlint said:

    @Orion He didnt say anything about bans. Im pretty sure hes just annoyed at being unable to hook the last survivor and get to the hatch fast enough to close it before the guy who was already standing ontop of it to simply jump in, even if you beelined it there as fast as possible.

    Adding a timer implies this strategy is somehow invalid. It's not. Neither side should be forced to play stupidly just because the other side feels entitled to a win.

  • @Orion In what way would a delay of 20 seconds or so be considered playing stupidly?

  • @LordGlint said:

    @Orion In what way would a delay of 20 seconds or so be considered playing stupidly?

    It would force survivors to play stupidly since the hatch would never work out for them. They'd be forced out onto the open to unhook their teammates (since that would be their best chance for survival), whom the killer would be camping because they knew the survivor could never get the hatch, thanks to the delay.

  • @Orion If you have time to unhook a survivor, the killer already has time to get to the hatch. While the killer is not entitled to the kill, they ARE entitled to a CHANCE at it. If the time required to travel to the hatch makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do anything, something is wrong...

    Im not saying you have to go unhook anyone, just that a delay between when that person dies and the hatch opening would allow the killer to at least have a CHANCE.

  • @LordGlint said:

    @Orion If you have time to unhook a survivor, the killer already has time to get to the hatch. While the killer is not entitled to the kill, they ARE entitled to a CHANCE at it. If the time required to travel to the hatch makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do anything, something is wrong...

    Im not saying you have to go unhook anyone, just that a delay between when that person dies and the hatch opening would allow the killer to at least have a CHANCE.

    There already is a delay. It's called "the sacrifice animation". And let me tell you, it's a pain in the ass.

  • All I want is for hatch to close eventually, maybe after like 1 minute or more or less.

  • @Azurlynx said:

    All I want is for hatch to close eventually, maybe after like 1 minute or more or less.

    Press the space bar if you're the killer, or jump in if you're the survivor. Hatch closed.

  • Maybe I should have mentioned I mean killer camping open hatch refusing to close it.

  • @Azurlynx said:

    Maybe I should have mentioned I mean killer camping open hatch refusing to close it.

    Walk over to the generators and 99% them. Keep an eye on the exit and try to figure out where the killer is coming from so that you can open it safely. Pop the generators. Either the killer closes the hatch or you open the gate because they've gone AFK.

  • If your dealing with a Killer camping a hatch in that scenario... Could always just do gens... I WOULD recommend bum rushing any killer who doesnt have a 1 shot down, but theyd likely see you coming and close it before chasing you down.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/598213#Comment_598213

    Walk over to the generators and 99% them. Keep an eye on the exit and try to figure out where the killer is coming from so that you can open it safely. Pop the generators. Either the killer closes the hatch or you open the gate because they've gone AFK.

    -_-

    I guess that is possible, but still....

    I think I would rather die that do 5 gens while keeping out for killer.

    Maybe if 1 gen was left but that ussualy isn't the scenario.

  • @Azurlynx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/598215#Comment_598215

    -_-

    I guess that is possible, but still....

    I think I would rather die that do 5 gens while keeping out for killer.

    Maybe if 1 gen was left but that ussualy isn't the scenario.

    Then go to the killer. You'll die pretty quickly.

    Bottom line is, as I've said, neither side should be forced to play stupidly just because the other side feels entitled.

  • If you got screwed over so bad that you still have 5 gens to do after 3 ppl have died... Maybe the extra points from doing gens would be a GOOD thing to make up for the emblem points your completely lacking.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/598218#Comment_598218

    Then go to the killer. You'll die pretty quickly.

    Bottom line is, as I've said, neither side should be forced to play stupidly just because the other side feels entitled.

    Do you also camp open hatches?

  • I'm a survivor main. Haven't touched killer in quite a long time.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/598223#Comment_598223

    I'm a survivor main. Haven't touched killer in quite a long time.

    Then imagine looking for hatch and finding ######### Myers sitting on top of it while spinning around like madman, and while you still need 3 gens.

  • @Azurlynx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/598224#Comment_598224

    Then imagine looking for hatch and finding ######### Myers sitting on top of it while spinning around like madman, and while you still need 3 gens.

    I have imagined it. Do you think my advice came out of thin air?

  • @Azurlynx said:

    Maybe I should have mentioned I mean killer camping open hatch refusing to close it.

    No, because the survivor can still complete generators before EGC activates

  • Can't you just repair gens then if they're not going to close the hatch.

  • @Azurlynx Was this with gens done or not?

    If the gens weren't done, then that can be a strategy. It just means that you can complete gens.

    If they were, then it means that the doors were the other option.

    So... yeah... there is still counterplay.

  • If that happens I look for totems and do gens or just give myself up for the kill. It depends how many gens gave been done and how many points I have.

    It may take some time but it is a counter play to it and one where you have a choice to make. Do or die.

  • You know if the killers camping the hatch you could just do generators right.

    If you want to play around the hatch fine I'll power the exit myself