Tired of these nurse thread here how we might solve the problem.
Hello community this is gonna be a quick post about how to solve the nurse.
First you must know what i think is the problem on nurse even if i think base nurse is perfectly balanced. Some will say that nurse is OP because she can blink though everything well, what truly make nurse OP are her add-ons and his MS.
Nurse move at 333% movement speed which is the fastest killer in the game. If blinks were slowed down a bit i can assure you nurse will have more counterplay. Why is that? because nurse will travel slowly and survivors more time to react and juking.
Just for you to know Sally have a 20m blink range and 10m on chain blinks , with a 28m and 12m (max) with range add-ons, Each blinks increase fatigue time by 0,5s. Base fatigue is 2s for a max of 4s with 5 blinks + 2s if you whiff.
Add-ons combo that are broken with how to fix them.
Omega Blinks : No counterplay except DH due to MS being increased as a result of range being increased with less charge. How to fix it : remove accuracy and put MS reduction instead.
more than 2 blinks : simply reduce range moderately up to tremendously.
To conclude this post : Blinks MS is what truly make the nurse OP maybe lowering a bit would add more counterplay. 300%MS at base and with travel add-ons (ms add-ons) 313%(max) maybe?.
Further note : Fix the nurse swinging before the survivor can see her.
Comments
I'd say buff her damage to result in a one shot whenever an offense action is taken and double the current speed she moves when blinking. Not only that but I personally think that she's the worst killer in the game, I mean Leatherface has a chainsaw and can move freely and Nurse has a baby saw for a weapon.
Or... just return her double stun after a successful blink attack like she had after the 1.9.0 update last year (blink hit = wipe animation + fatigue stun). It'd make her a real pain to play, but it'd give survivors 6 seconds to run away before her next blink, which would validate the need for her current add-on's effects, and then maybe survivor mains would quit whining about her on the forums since only hardcore nurse mains would tolerate it enough to keep playing her.
https://youtu.be/e-29u8FaaUM?t=24I'm sure everyone would be fine with that returning since she's so OP! I mean, Killers and survivors alike just LOVED that mechanic back then because it was the ONLY time in the history of DbD where she was "balanced". /s
If it's just that than add extra 2s to her fatigue with a missed hit it's a 6s fatigue.
While you are somewhat reasonable in your approach, you shouldnt get swept up in "main logic".
Nurse's "333%" doesnt last much longer than a second as a ~2 second blink would result in 26m range.
Also her ability consists of more than the "blink"
Im aware that i dont have the durations for her slowdowns.
One usage of her ability slows her down a lot.
Good survivors can outrun the nurse for a long while. She doesn't need to be changed. Maybe her addons... but I can't really speak to those.
I think make quilted cloth a common addon though. Being able to see where the blink goes should be a beginner's tool.
There is nothing to solve. Jesus. I swear ya people are so detached from reality... I blame BHVR: they spoiled you, made you guys used to thinking "hey if I cry enough about something, they'll change it the way I want. God forbid I actually have to face a challenging match!".
Seriously, it's ALWAYS the inexperienced players who ask for nerfs, particularly the ones who don't play Nurse or even killer in general. Here's one tip: if you think Nurse is "OP" and impossible to beat, play her. That's the best way to learn her weaknesses.
And on the off chance of any dev reading the forums (though I understand if they don't, it's bad for your health): Don't. You. Dare.
Sweepity spawn, the thread is gone.
That's why all the good nurse players say she is too strong. Hmm.
Hang on, you want survivors to have to turn their camera toward her? Just have her be auto stunned every few seconds. 100% balanced.
Out of curiousity, where did you get those numbers from? As Nurse-main, I am highly interested in knowing more about Sally-bae.
This is why we need the downvote button. I can not express how bad of an idea this is.
Here s a complete thing https://youtu.be/oEuq2tYYJyw
It was a sarcastic comment (hence the /s at the end). Honestly though, people are begging so much for a nerf to nurse that they probably wouldn't be satisfied with any other compromise unless she was nerfed back to the bugged state she was in during patch 1.9.0, because it made her damn near useless to play. That 6 second double stun was chided by the community as putting her on (old) Freddy's level, and due to the current huge rise in comments demanding a nerf to her, I wouldn't be surprised at all if BHVR added that bug back in as a mechanic. I swear, Survivors just won't be satisfied until they succeed at making the top tier killer the worst, but all that will accomplish is dropping 1 of the 3 viable killers from being able to play at high ranks, and changing the frequency of comments from "Nurse OP, Plz Nerf" to "Spirit/Billy OP, Plz Nerf" on these forums.
Yes, Nurse does need some changes, but her core mechanics are not a candidate as much as her outdated add-on's are. The majority of these forum posts are not asking for her to be balanced so much as they are complaining and demanding that she gets outright nerfed to the point where she's no longer viable at any rank. It's gotten disgustingly annoying to see on these forums, and while I agree she needs some balance changes... outright nuking her viability is not the answer.
This what they did to legion, it worked once they are doing it again until every killer is wraith level and can be looped, taunted and destroyed.
Survivors are like that, they should have never LISTENED with legion, now there's a precedent
@ABannedCat
The wiki's movement speed article. While some question theat site's accuracity, im sure those nunbers are valid.
As edit doesnt work...
I forgot to mention that the movement speed article is heavily WIP and even the nurse atticle sadly doesnt feature the actual chargetimes or chainblinkwindow durations