Since they actually need to be added to the game, we had to keep the number of winners low. If we were to pick every one that we liked, there would probably be upwards of 50 winners.
I understand. I thought along the Limes of maybe 2-3 winners for survivors and 2-3 for killers.
I was hoping for a badass killer one, but that clown is such a glorious mismatch of tone, it's gonna be pretty terrifying in game I'm sure. It's interesting that the devs have said they don't want to make 'funny' cosmetics because that wouldn't match the tone of dbd, but Kenneth is all about mismatched tone, so he's the perfect excuse to go wild with.
Please say you'll do more costume contests in the future. I like these designs but there were so many absolutely stunning outfits that'd be amazing to see in game.
Congrats to the winners! 💕 Hopefully the devs will do more contests like this and I hope all the other cosmetics aren’t just forgotten and the devs will look back at them in the future.
I remember seeing a clown cosmetics that had him in a white tank top and boxers. Was that considered inappropriate for the game? The designed really fitted his character.
I’m only asking because I’ve been looking for the cosmetics for weeks. And I wanted to show a friend.
All of those amazing Hag drawings.....and you pick Clown, who while still a fav of mine...has gotten a TON of Cosmetic love and really great ones...Hag still imo, has the most underwhelming and boring cosmetics out of eveyone else... :/ I am disappoint..
All of those amazing Hag drawings.....and you pick Clown, who while still a fav of mine...has gotten a TON of Cosmetic love and really great ones...Hag still imo, has the most underwhelming and boring cosmetics out of eveyone else... :/ I am disappoint..
To be fair, the contest is not "Who needs cosmetics the most?".
I would have preferred 4 survivors and 4 killers. It could of been a whole collection. Overall at least as a community we are able to see our ideas physically being implemented into the game.
@Iceman yea it's really nice to see we are getting something added into the game. I would have loved to have seen the pirate nea win but I'm happy with the winners. Just think they could have added a few more.
i wanted cafe surfer feng but this one is on par/better than it. the only problem is that its always bright pink instead of a color that benefits stealth a bit, ill still use it tho
Congrats to the winners! I don't really like the Feng one personally but it's still a unique idea and I'm sure there are people out there who will love it.
The Clown one seems a little too silly of a concept to put into a game like this. But I guess it suits his character.
Bunny Feng is unfortunately still not an option due to the way cosmetics work. If the hood is considered part of the torso, it would need to work with all the different head cosmetics without clipping (imagine how it would look with the one that won the contest alone). If it's considered a head cosmetic, you would be able to have a mysteriously floating hood whenever you're not using the matching torso.
It might be possible one day, but it's more complicated that just making the model. There would need to be something that locks both the head and torso together when they're selected in order for it to work.
you could make it with the hood down actually , i wouldnt mind it
They're.. interesting, to say the least. Depending on how they end up post production, I don't plan on acquiring either. Wasn't even aware there was a cosmetics contest. 😔
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I understand. I thought along the Limes of maybe 2-3 winners for survivors and 2-3 for killers.
I was hoping for a badass killer one, but that clown is such a glorious mismatch of tone, it's gonna be pretty terrifying in game I'm sure. It's interesting that the devs have said they don't want to make 'funny' cosmetics because that wouldn't match the tone of dbd, but Kenneth is all about mismatched tone, so he's the perfect excuse to go wild with.
Congrats winners! You did great!
Please say you'll do more costume contests in the future. I like these designs but there were so many absolutely stunning outfits that'd be amazing to see in game.
Congrats to the winners! 💕 Hopefully the devs will do more contests like this and I hope all the other cosmetics aren’t just forgotten and the devs will look back at them in the future.
YES, i really expect to be seeing trunks floppin about in the breeze.
@Peanits
I remember seeing a clown cosmetics that had him in a white tank top and boxers. Was that considered inappropriate for the game? The designed really fitted his character.
I’m only asking because I’ve been looking for the cosmetics for weeks. And I wanted to show a friend.
Did they just pick them randomly?
Not to be rude to the artists that won, but there were so many better designs than these. I’m kind of disappointed in what they chose.
Really loving the clown one. Congrats to both of the winners!
All of those amazing Hag drawings.....and you pick Clown, who while still a fav of mine...has gotten a TON of Cosmetic love and really great ones...Hag still imo, has the most underwhelming and boring cosmetics out of eveyone else... :/ I am disappoint..
To be fair, the contest is not "Who needs cosmetics the most?".
Congrats to the winners. I won't be getting either of these myself but the concepts are interesting at least. Really shocked the Clown won.
Congrats but I genuinely don't like either of these.
@Iceman yea it's really nice to see we are getting something added into the game. I would have loved to have seen the pirate nea win but I'm happy with the winners. Just think they could have added a few more.
i wanted cafe surfer feng but this one is on par/better than it. the only problem is that its always bright pink instead of a color that benefits stealth a bit, ill still use it tho
Congrats to the winners! I don't really like the Feng one personally but it's still a unique idea and I'm sure there are people out there who will love it.
The Clown one seems a little too silly of a concept to put into a game like this. But I guess it suits his character.
you could make it with the hood down actually , i wouldnt mind it
They're.. interesting, to say the least. Depending on how they end up post production, I don't plan on acquiring either. Wasn't even aware there was a cosmetics contest. 😔
They should do more cosmetic contests because the ideas the community have are awesome