This game makes me want to make survivors suffer.

I play both sides rank 4 killer 8 survivor but I find this is more true for killers. It starts when I seen Ruin spawned next to a gen on the other side of the map. I immediately realise it's gone and go for what's closest, usually discordance going off.


If I'm able to down the first person in 30 seconds of finding them I have a shot. If not that's the game over. I know this because if I'm looped for any longer that's 2 gens done elsewhere. With 3 gens left if you haven't got anyone hooked that's a safety pip if you're lucky.


Throughout this if I decide to break a pallet I get blinded, this is a bad strategy but they arent doing it for strategy they're doing it because they know it's annoying just like fast vault window spamming or teabagging after every pallet.


So I remember people. I bring moris and I kill them then dc. This screws over everyone and I dont even feel good doing it. If I lose it's because I didn't apply pressure. Not because I was using one of the 12-13 killers that for some reason arent useable. If I win it's because they sucked and that doesnt feel good either.


So I sit there at the finding match screen just brooding because I know I'm queuing for another match I actually cant even be bothered playing because im thinking about having another pallet slammed on my face.


Theres no tutorial on red stain manipulation, safe and unsafe pallets or any way to actually practice things outside swf or ranked. This game has become more of a habit than a hobby and I hate it.

Comments

  • I just play basement hag. You get one, eventually you get all four, or at least 2.

  • That's the point where you quit. It happens with other games too: for a long time you enjoy winning, and don't mind losing (too) much, then, you don't even notice it for a while, but one day you realize you get frustrated by losses and victory just doesn't taste that great anymore.

    This game is addictive. Keep that in mind, and quit when you don't enjoy it anymore.

  • I take breaks every now and again, too. It wears on you after a while and the littlest things can get to you. I quite like Slime Rancher. It's a cute and relaxing game. c: Dark Souls is a lot of fun, too, and so is Catlateral Damage.

  • It's not the type of game you can take a break on though. If you arent constantly focusing on new mindgames or ways to play pallets then you're just going to come back and get steamrolled.

    I'm sick of the same perks as well, m1 killer? Bbq,ruin,sf,enduring (maybe pgtw or sb in there) M2 killer? You mean nurse? Because none of the other m2 killers come close. I had a doctor game today and it was actually really fun for the 7mins it lasted until I lost and depipped.

    BACK TO THE 10MIN QUE I GO!

  • What if you just checked ruin? Or run corrupted intervention?

  • @Grimsvotn said:

    It's not the type of game you can take a break on though. If you arent constantly focusing on new mindgames or ways to play pallets then you're just going to come back and get steamrolled.

    I'm sick of the same perks as well, m1 killer? Bbq,ruin,sf,enduring (maybe pgtw or sb in there) M2 killer? You mean nurse? Because none of the other m2 killers come close. I had a doctor game today and it was actually really fun for the 7mins it lasted until I lost and depipped.

    BACK TO THE 10MIN QUE I GO!

    A lot of it is muscle memory. You don't have to be the very best, anyway. If you take a break and come back to rank 10~15, you'll notice most of the survivor aren't all that great and will be able to get around that. You may be a bit rusty at first, but you'll get used to it soon. Too much of the same stuff will make you dull. It's good to take breaks and give yourself some chill time. Don't think too much about what you're missing and how you're going to be worst than before. You're not. c:

    You depip sometimes. Same for survivor, too. Don't focus too much on the pips. There's no reason to be in the lower (1~8) ranks unless you're going for achievements. You'll find games that are more fun in higher ranks.

    The ques are awful. -w-

  • @fluffymareep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/581061#Comment_581061

    A lot of it is muscle memory. You don't have to be the very best, anyway. If you take a break and come back to rank 10~15, you'll notice most of the survivor aren't all that great and will be able to get around that. You may be a bit rusty at first, but you'll get used to it soon. Too much of the same stuff will make you dull. It's good to take breaks and give yourself some chill time. Don't think too much about what you're missing and how you're going to be worst than before. You're not. c:

    You depip sometimes. Same for survivor, too. Don't focus too much on the pips. There's no reason to be in the lower (1~8) ranks unless you're going for achievements. You'll find games that are more fun in higher ranks.

    The ques are awful. -w-

    You shouldnt have to feel like you need to "take a break" from a game you get enjoyment out of, because the game is failing to provide enjoyment.


    I dont agree with his rationality behind the post, however, the solution being to take a break is true but just so sad.


    Why doesn't BHVR add any forms of new game mode? I'm sure theres hundreds of creative and plausible suggestions to experiment with. Even a solo mode, just something to change the pace while still being able to enjoy on this beautiful engine, killers, mechanics, perks, etc... @Peanits @not_Queen

  • @MySpaceBarsBroken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/581071#Comment_581071

    You shouldnt have to feel like you need to "take a break" from a game you get enjoyment out of, because the game is failing to provide enjoyment.

    I dont agree with his rationality behind the post, however, the solution being to take a break is true but just so sad.

    Why doesn't BHVR add any forms of new game mode? I'm sure theres hundreds of creative and plausible suggestions to experiment with. Even a solo mode, just something to change the pace while still being able to enjoy on this beautiful engine, killers, mechanics, perks, etc... @Peanits @not_Queen

    You get burn out on either side. I think it's just the type of game this is. You'd have to have vastly different game modes (including non-competitive, friendly modes) to reduce burn out. I think it's common when you're doing a lot of the same thing and while killer and survivor are quite different, they can both be rather stressful just in different ways.

  • @fluffymareep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/581061#Comment_581061

    A lot of it is muscle memory. You don't have to be the very best, anyway. If you take a break and come back to rank 10~15, you'll notice most of the survivor aren't all that great and will be able to get around that. You may be a bit rusty at first, but you'll get used to it soon. Too much of the same stuff will make you dull. It's good to take breaks and give yourself some chill time. Don't think too much about what you're missing and how you're going to be worst than before. You're not. c:

    You depip sometimes. Same for survivor, too. Don't focus too much on the pips. There's no reason to be in the lower (1~8) ranks unless you're going for achievements. You'll find games that are more fun in higher ranks.

    The ques are awful. -w-

    I dont want to stomp new players though. If they're less knowledgeable about mechanics or game quirks I just want to get it done and leave.

    In the same regard though it gets to the point in some games with really skilled survivors especially SWF where theres nothing I can do. So I force myself to get better even though I'm not having fun doing that.

    I become this stressed out sweaty angry person instead of feeling a sense of accomplishment.

  • @Grimsvotn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/581071#Comment_581071

    I dont want to stomp new players though. If they're less knowledgeable about mechanics or game quirks I just want to get it done and leave.

    In the same regard though it gets to the point in some games with really skilled survivors especially SWF where theres nothing I can do. So I force myself to get better even though I'm not having fun doing that.

    I become this stressed out sweaty angry person instead of feeling a sense of accomplishment.

    People at rank 10 aren't really new players anymore. I'd say that's a good place to stick around if you can manage. Otherwise if you leave and come back, you'll just be rusty and how rusty you'll be will make up for who you happen to be facing due to what you deranked. It'll give you time to get accustomed to the game again.

    SWF often are over altruistic and there's often 1 or 2 (if not more) in the group that are really weak. A lot of SWF are casual and chit-chatting while playing and a lot of time they aren't fussy with who's in their group. If someone's looping pallets well, leave them and find the ones who aren't. You can find the others while they're out positioned. Honestly SWF should go by the lowest member, though. Like if I'm a rank 4 going in with a rank 15, I shouldn't get rank 10s. That isn't fair for the killer if I'm the one he happens to find first.

    Their coordination tends to be better than solos, but that's unfortunately not something that can really be addressed until they fix coordination for solos and some don't want to buff solo players. -w- So, we're currently in a vicious cycle. One day.

  • @fluffymareep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/581084#Comment_581084

    People at rank 10 aren't really new players anymore. I'd say that's a good place to stick around if you can manage. Otherwise if you leave and come back, you'll just be rusty and how rusty you'll be will make up for who you happen to be facing due to what you deranked. It'll give you time to get accustomed to the game again.

    SWF often are over altruistic and there's often 1 or 2 (if not more) in the group that are really weak. A lot of SWF are casual and chit-chatting while playing and a lot of time they aren't fussy with who's in their group. If someone's looping pallets well, leave them and find the ones who aren't. You can find the others while they're out positioned. Honestly SWF should go by the lowest member, though. Like if I'm a rank 4 going in with a rank 15, I shouldn't get rank 10s. That isn't fair for the killer if I'm the one he happens to find first.

    Their coordination tends to be better than solos, but that's unfortunately not something that can really be addressed until they fix coordination for solos and some don't want to buff solo players. -w- So, we're currently in a vicious cycle. One day.

    Thanks for staying positive and letting me rant. I'm not taking a break however the small vent gave me a second wind to deal with the bullshit again for awhile. Good luck with your games.

  • How many hours OP?

  • So... when will you make survivors suffer then? Camp, tunnel, mori! Don't worry about ranks or pips, kill them all! And have fun doing it

  • @RoKrueger I was wondering when you'd show up... the topic looks right up your alley ^^

  • @george_soros I know right. I got mislead by the tittle. I though I would get new ideas to make survivors suffer, but instead I get this patetic killer player that does not like to use moris and is scared of some little pallet slams to the head. Disgusting

  • A little out of date but still applies in regards to killer mind gaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crgMmyoDzNQ&t=3s


    @Grimsvotn 

  • It's not the game making you feel that way. It's the survivors.

    You realise this when you play as a solo survivor; the killer doesn't even need to be targeting you and can be playing very sporting in fact, but it will be the other survivors who determine whether you actually enjoy the match.

    Nothing forces them to be this way, they do it because they want to and the slightest nudge in terms of points for doing things might set them off, but they'll keep doing it long after the points have been maxed.