We need to specify what things we are abbreviating
Many posts on the forum use abbreviation instead of typing things out which is completely understandable because it is easier, but we need to start listing what we are abbreviating in parenthesis the first time and then refer to it as just the abbreviation for the remainder of the post. The first reason for doing this is that new players don't know the abbreviations for different perks just yet so this could help them a lot. The second and the MAIN reason is that the same abbreviation could be used for multiple perks and it gets really confusing. For example, SC could be Self Care, but it could also be Spine Chill. DH could be Devour Hope, but it could also be Dead Hard.
Comments
Right. Sentences like "DH saved my ass hundreds of times" or "SC is almost useless now, better take Adrenaline" really makes us wonder which perk the poster is talking about.
...
If new players donโt understand then they can ask, someone will tell them.
^This. If you can't tell from the context, as the other guy said, then just ask. There's no shame in having to ask.
It's funny because usually there's a massive wall of text and big intelligent words
Is this about me and my BL abbreviation? ๐ญ
Lmao no we need more of those misunderstandings.
No, not meant to directly attack anyone. although BL for Balanced Landing and BL for Bloodlust could be confused as well
What exactly are you referring to?
Just in general. I mean why abbreviate when most newbies won't know the meaning? Especially when you are typing lots anyway?
Don't mind me. Just my 2 cents
That's a good point. I myself don't tend to abbreviate, but a lot of others do it on the forum.
@Crazewtboy
It's okay, I knew you weren't attacking me specifically because by the tone of your thread, you seemed really nice about it! ๐
Through, since you mentioned my BL thread where I got the abbreviations mixed up, I think you were playfully mentioning me. :)
I didn't originally mention it, but I figured why not add it in once you brought it up XD