Survivor's opinion: Freddy needs a buff

EDIT: Really good work devs, overall the rework seems fine.

Played quite a few games yesterday and I have to say: Overall cool map rework with a fun new killer to go against.

BUT: I was wondering if I ever need to wake up as the lullaby is as good as heartbeat imo I thought i just stay in the dreamworld. But I ran into the problem that (maybe because the maps were new) I could often not tell if a pallet was real or not. I also dont know if a pallet was already used by another survivor. So if i go to an area where I have not been before, it is risky as I drop the pallet as late as possible and if the pallet was fake it was a guaranteed hit for freddyboy.

Dreampallets are available with addons as far as I know, but in my opinion they absolutely have to be in the basekit. What do you think?

Oh and dreamsnares are cool, but they did not really change the looping, at least yesterday. MAybe if they would stay and not vanish when used.

Comments

  • SuRvIvOrS aRe AlReAdY aSkInG fOr FrEdDy NeRfS btw.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    SuRvIvOrS aRe AlReAdY aSkInG fOr FrEdDy NeRfS btw.

    Isn't he asking for a buff by asking that dream pallets should be base power

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    SuRvIvOrS aRe AlReAdY aSkInG fOr FrEdDy NeRfS btw.

    as mentioned in the title, I think freddy needs to be buffed. At least dreampallets basekit and maybe dreamsnares not only onetime use.

  • Yeah, that guy seems to be a bit "set off" today.

    Probably best to just nod and smile ;)

  • @dbd_noob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571569#Comment_571569

    as mentioned in the title, I think freddy needs to be buffed. At least dreampallets basekit and maybe dreamsnares not only onetime use.

    I think that he is mentioning other survivors

  • People not getting my joke...

    *facepalm*

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    People not getting my joke...

    *facepalm*

    Try to be clear with the joke instead of sarcastic?

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    People not getting my joke...

    *facepalm*

    sorry. the amount of whining people is so high, that i didn't get the sarcasm^^

  • I believe he should have is both Snares and Pallets base with some minor adjustments. Such as 6 Snares and 2 Pallets by default and addons can shift how many of each you have. Something along those lines anyways. Having both abilities would bring that uncertainty to survivors because only having one makes him more predictable.

    I also believe Snares shouldn't require a channel to be placed. Pretty sure pallets don't require a channel and also snares take time to arm. Snares are also set directly in front of Freddy and he can't throw them over obstacles like Clown Tonic. So I don't see the harm in letting him place snares instantly or at least reducing the channel time for Snares.

    I also feel as though some of his addons are quite awful but I believe plenty of threads have covered that already. The main ones I'd bring up are...

    • Z-Block - 60 Seconds of Hemorrhage after interacting with Dream Trap even if healthy
    • Unicorn Block - 60 seconds of Blindness after interacting with a Dream Trap
    • Cat Block - 60 Seconds of Hemorrhage after interacting with a Dream Trap
    • Sheep Block - 30 Seconds of Blindness after interacting with a Dream Trap

    Quite honestly I don't have many suggestions for these but Hemorrhage and Blindness are both kind of bad. I'd say that only Sheep Block and Cat Block should give those effects and should also be raised if you're really bent on keeping them.

    • Sheep Block (Common) - Blindness for 90 seconds after interacting with a Dream Trap
    • Cat Block (Uncommon) - Hemorrhage for 90 seconds after interacting with a Dream Trap

    Unicorn Block and Z-Block should receive completely new effects imo. Feels kind of unnecessary having two addons for both effects. Maybe Unicorn Block and Z-Block provide the same effects except when they enter Dream State for any reason?

    Overall I genuinely think BHVR did Freddy justice but those are the specific things I believe needs adjusting. There are some quality of life stuff other users have mentioned but I'm more worried about Freddy's strength against good survivors once this goes live.

    He absolutely does not need any nerfs.