How to play without a mouse?

I have been searching the internet for any guides, but it seems like I am the only Dead by Daylight player to play on a laptop without a mouse. Does anyone know how to last longer in chases where I can't look behind myself and how to know when to 180 with the red stain? I am actually surprised I have gone to green ranks, but it is getting out of hand on how 90% of my chases end with the killer mindgaming me when I can't see behind me. I can only use red stain and spine chill or initiative to survive chases long, so any possible tips?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Uh, just play with a mouse?

  • @MysticalMagic92 said:

    Uh, just play with a mouse?

    How helpful, but asking for tips without a mouse. XD

  • My car has no steering wheel, any tips how I can drive it without it?

    That's what you basically ask. Buy wireless mouse and stop maaking bs threads.

  • @Ember_Hunter The reason why you're not finding guides is likely because there aren't nearly enough folks out there playing games like DBD without either a mouse or controller. I sure wouldn't play such a game using only the laptop mousepad.

  • @Frozenscum said:

    My car has no steering wheel, any tips how I can drive it without it?

    That's what you basically ask. Buy wireless mouse and stop maaking bs threads.

    Well, oof. That's why I am asking, don't bother if you don't know any tips :(

    @Kilmeran said:

    @Ember_Hunter The reason why you're not finding guides is likely because there aren't nearly enough folks out there playing games like DBD without either a mouse or controller. I sure wouldn't play such a game using only the laptop mousepad.


    Yeah... Maybe I should get a mouse, but not right now, since not the age where I can drop in and buy a mouse for myself. XP

  • I'd recommend just buying a mouse it's way better you can even buy a cheap af one it don't need to be $300 it's almost impossible to play optimally without one sadly.

  • Well, now I feel bad for bothering you guys with my question :(

    @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    I'd recommend just buying a mouse it's way better you can even buy a cheap af one it don't need to be $300 it's almost impossible to play optimally without one sadly.


    Looks like that's the only tip I'll be getting. Time to just learn by myself... :P

  • I have been searching the internet for any guides, but it seems like I am the only Dead by Daylight player to play on a laptop without a mouse.

    Not much you can do sadly. You just gotta try your best until you get a mouse. Good luck though :)

  • Ask your parents, most basic wired mouse costs couple of dollars. Pack of cigarettes costs more.

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/569001#Comment_569001

    Well, oof. That's why I am asking, don't bother if you don't know any tips :(

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/569029#Comment_569029

    Yeah... Maybe I should get a mouse, but not right now, since not the age where I can drop in and buy a mouse for myself. XP

    See if your parents can get you a mouse. You could probably say it'll help with homework lol. xD Otherwise if you can hook up a controller, you can use a controller, too. You don't want to be without turning potential in this sort of game.

  • the arrows move the camera, maybe you can get used to it

  • If you're on windows 8 or higher, you can use the Ease of Access feature to control the mouse with the keyboard.

    The downside to that is it typically uses the keypad, which not all laptops have.

  • @Ember_Hunter I really do wish I could have been some help, but I simply have zero experience using the mousepad on a laptop for these types of games, nor does my wife or anyone I know. If I did, I would have helped as much as I could.

    If feasible, though, as someone else has stated, ask your parents (or whoever) about a low-cost mouse. You can usually even find them at a Dollar Store. Unlike if you were playing an FPS, you don't really need a super-accurate gaming mouse for DBD to do what needs to be done.

  • If you or any family member have a console XBOX or PS4 you can plug one in and use one of those controllers to play with.

    Apart from that a mouse is your best bet even a cheap $5 one as without one you really won't have the same control and will be highly disadvantaged with the camera.

  • @Frozenscum said:

    My car has no steering wheel, any tips how I can drive it without it?

    That's what you basically ask. Buy wireless mouse and stop maaking bs threads.

    You’re so ######### rude god damn

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    I have been searching the internet for any guides, but it seems like I am the only Dead by Daylight player to play on a laptop without a mouse. Does anyone know how to last longer in chases where I can't look behind myself and how to know when to 180 with the red stain? I am actually surprised I have gone to green ranks, but it is getting out of hand on how 90% of my chases end with the killer mindgaming me when I can't see behind me. I can only use red stain and spine chill or initiative to survive chases long, so any possible tips?

    I also had hoped to find out the same thing because when I bought my laptop I didn’t buy the mouse with it. I tried messing with the keyboard settings but it doesn’t help rip. Plus my fingers are too short to reach keys easily like the crouch button.

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    I have been searching the internet for any guides, but it seems like I am the only Dead by Daylight player to play on a laptop without a mouse. Does anyone know how to last longer in chases where I can't look behind myself and how to know when to 180 with the red stain? I am actually surprised I have gone to green ranks, but it is getting out of hand on how 90% of my chases end with the killer mindgaming me when I can't see behind me. I can only use red stain and spine chill or initiative to survive chases long, so any possible tips?

    @Ember_Hunter said:

    Well, now I feel bad for bothering you guys with my question :(

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/569054#Comment_569054

    Looks like that's the only tip I'll be getting. Time to just learn by myself... :P

    While i understand you are probably not happy with that answer. Playing with a touchpad is going to give you a big disadvantage. But you can buy a mouse super cheap on amazon. Like <$10. Here is a wired one:


    Buy Amazon Basics 3-Button Wired USB Computer Mouse, Single, Black: Mice - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases


    If you really need a wireLESS one here is another option:


    Buy Amazon Basics 2.4 Ghz Wireless Optical Computer Mouse with USB Nano Receiver, Black: Mice - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases


    These are $8 and $11 respectively.


    If it is honestly a money issue then DM me, i'll buy you a mouse.