Nobody's going to care that they're asleep.

It's incredibly underwhelming. Sleeping means you're in Freddy's realm, you're meant to be scared, and you SHOULD feel that waking up is your most important goal.

Instead there are now 8 mediocre traps on the map, and Freddy has a 20 second cooldown blink with way too much warning that he's coming. Wowee.

If this is what actually ships, Freddy is still going to be incredibly mediocre, and yet another "just do gens and ignore the killer."

THERE IS NO PRESSURE IF YOU AREN'T IN A CHASE and that's how we keep getting these killers that are incredibly weak.

Edit: And don't forget, you can't use your traps until 3 gens are done, and you lose your teleport as the game progresses. What the hell happened to killer powers that are fun or interactive for the KILLER.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @BadMrFrosty I agree. And without any map pressure ability, and the teleport from what I saw today doesn't qualify, he'll just be yet another low-to-mid tier M1 killer.

    I.e. it looks like a lateral rework, and doesn't change much about his placement in the game. The PTB will tell for sure, but that's my first-blush opinion so far.

    Luckily for me, I play occasionally so will never, ever hit Red ranks. Freddy might be viable where I play at. Hell, I haven't played in a few months and have rank reset back to gray ranks currently. I doubt I will ever get beyond beginning Green Ranks on my play time with monthly resets. DBD isn't my only game, and Overwatch is still my main game three years running now, since that is what I play with the wife (she's zero interest in DBD).


  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/563309#Comment_563309

    So there is no problem buffing Nurse since she only performs well in edge cases? @Rydog

    This is a dumb strawman reply, and I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

    Anecdotally, I've seen a handful of really proficient Nurses from low to medium ranks. Overall, she has the opposite problem (shaky at low ranks, very strong at high ranks) of old Freddy (powerful at low ranks, underpowered at high ranks). On balance, Nurse's is a way better problem to have in an asymmetrical roulette-wheel game like this.

  • Doctor got the random skillchecks into his basekit after his release.

    Pray to and bleed for your god they might consider it for freddy.

    Another thing, dont we already have a "slows survivors" killer? I heard he's pretty popular and viable. /s


    Even if the reworked killer could throw the traps into position instead of setting them, it'd not his kit but his name tthat makes him popular.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/563351#Comment_563351

    This is a dumb strawman reply, and I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

    Anecdotally, I've seen a handful of really proficient Nurses from low to medium ranks. Overall, she has the opposite problem (shaky at low ranks, very strong at high ranks) of old Freddy (powerful at low ranks, underpowered at high ranks). On balance, Nurse's is a way better problem to have in an asymmetrical roulette-wheel game like this.

    Yes, and according to your logic, those very strong Nurses at the high ranks are all "edge cases in the grand scheme of how a DBD game goes. You cannot use those as a yardstick for Dead by Daylight overall."

    Therefore we must look to only the "shaky" Nurses in the grand scheme of things in the mid to low ranks. Where we can clearly see that Nurse must be buffed. @Rydog

  • @ceridwen309 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/562779/#Comment_562779

    Peanits stated that just hitting survivors will put them to sleep.

    -------------------

    Why you should not be caught asleep? There are plenty of good reasons.

    -Can't wake other players up

    -Snares and fake pallets will affect you, whether you like them or not. (imagine hag's traps, without teleport but instead slow, and the only counter is waking up or biting it.)

    -Stuck with a non-directional lullaby

    -And the more people that are asleep will increase the strength of freddy. (tune into the ptb to find out more.)

    Edit: Clocks wake you up for 90 seconds. Love those tinkerbells. Thanks Tzeentchling9 for the correction.

    I dont wanna be that guy but they said that about plague and survivors still dont cleanse just saying LMFAO

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/563313#Comment_563313

    They do, and that's useful when it's a competitive game like Street Fighter or something, but DBD has never had an actual competitive structure that would benefit from this.

    It's always useful for the game to be balanced at high-level play.

    @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/563313#Comment_563313

    @TAG Many other games, whether it is fighting games, hero-shooters, shooters, et cetera are also symmetrical games and the higher end can more reliably be used for balance. An asymmetrical game is a different beast entirely, and when a voice comm SWF make-up at high ranks can skew the skill level versus straight solo players, it adds another problem to the balance equation.

    BHVR shot themselves in the foot on being able to actually balance DBD three years ago. Hell, even their relaunched Deathgarden is suffering the exact, same problems already, and finding it damn near impossible to retain players over there.

    Hence why the devs need to figure out if they want to balance high-level play around SWF or not and then make the necessary changes from there. Being an asymmetrical game does not really factor into whether they should balance the game so much as how difficult it would be to achieve proper balance. It is not an excuse for ignoring high-level balance.

1 2 ›