What do you think about the new Freddy?
Just being curious.
Dream Projection:
The only thing I'm sure about is, that people will just likely fail a skillcheck the second they fall asleep. Just to deny Freddy the shorter cooldown (45s is A LOT btw). Then they'll just do the gen and hide when he comes. 5s is a good start distance for a survivor. But let's see the PTB for this.
Else I like this power much.
Snares: Sounds cool. No waste of time putting them. I like the mixture of Hag and Clown here.
I think it's OK not to have the Aura outside the TR. This would be too much.
Pallets: I would like to see it and test it. Would love to Spiritfury/Enduring them without the perks :)
Clock: Nice idea. Also that you are bound to one and have no RNGsus decide for you. I also like that every time you wake up each other it takes longer.
The only thing I'll miss is No TR Freddy. Rip.
Comments
I'd rather play currant Freddy, new Freddy looks to be boring, recycled crap.
At the very least, i know i'll like the Generator-teleport, and the fake Pallets.
And i'm gonna dislike the snares or whateve
Too soon to judge anything else.
Considering that survivors are ALWAYS falling asleep, I doubt anyone will take the time to bother waking up on the off chance that Freddy would start a chase with them in the next 60 seconds. Survivors already rush through gens instead of doing totems when 1 shot NOED is a threat, so I doubt theyll take the time to wake up, just to deny the killer abit of CD on his teleports.
Honestly I like the changes but there will be nostalgia prior to that particular update.
Usually I'd make a discussion post for people to give input regarding the changes and discuss how viable the killer is at a high level of play. Since BVHR doesn't read those threads or doesn't care (likely both), I won't bother. I will say this, though: new Freddy will not be viable at high level play unless his add-ons are ridiculously powerful. He'll be mid tier at best with all the red tape they've put on his abilities.
@BadMrFrosty I honestly think you SHOULD make one. Even if the devs don't acknowledge it, IMO it needs to be out there. Any killer who's even the slightest bit familiar with how powerful the toxic red rank swf teams are can see right though this garbage. I was sad at first, now I'm pissed. Someone told me, they'll NEVER make another nurse, or killer who can compete with her, because they're scared of the backlash they'd get from survivors. They'd much rather keep them happy, instead of making the killers as good as they DESERVE to be. I'm beginning to realize, not only was that true, but the sooner I stop waiting and holding my breath, the sooner I'll be able to stop getting mind tricked into the gimmick of the game. I love dbd, but I know why people walk away.
I am too waiting for the PTB, but I am pretty sure of a couple of things:
Edit:
Oh, also, STILL WITH ADRENALINE WAKING YOU UP? I know its no longer as powerful against Freddy, but come on! Adrenaline shouldnt have been doing that in the first place, neither it needs to now with the nightmare-clock. If they so want to give a perk the waking up feature, give it to freaking Wake Up.
Heres my issue so far, so let me setup a scenario:
1 Survivor dead. 3 remain. 1 gen left.
The 3 survivors start working and finish that last gen, so now were in "end game".
They wake up somehow, either by waking each other up or maybe they are near a clock.
This means that now its going to take 90sec for them to fall back asleep to attack/down them.
That wont happen. They will have that door open and be tea bagging at the gate, then escape.
To me, as a Freddy main for quite awhile, thats bullshit. Having ZERO chance to take them out is just trash.
Now: it remains to be seen of course and this PTB will do a good job of figuring that out and being that im on PS4, ill be watching a LOT of streams to see how this is dealt with.
But for right now, as it stands, thats utter crap.
-Sin
@PigNRun They did the same thing here like with Ghostface. Give the killer a power which is countered by the Survivors. Great.....
I think he should be able to teleport to any gen too.
New Freddy seems like an overly complicated killer with not that much pay off.
His gen teleport has a huge cooldown and only works on active gens aswell as giving a 5 seconds charge time and notification that he's coming. It's very underwhelming.
Waking up seems to be incredibly easy so his other powers are very situational, not like the snares would be that powerful anyways. The pallets could be fun but My guess is theyll be the new ultra rare add on.
Overall unless you've set up the area with snares and traps Freddy is going to be another M1 loopable killer with nothing to help in an active chase.
Feel like you didn’t even watch, you hit awake survivors
@Bongbingbing They said that the Dream Pallets would be a set of 3 add-ons and hinted the Garden Rake.
So it would be Garden Rake, Prototype Claws and Paint Thinner for this.