Is head on bugged?

I think so, because I used it in two matches where I should have stunned the killer but instead of that I received a hit and the killer didn't got stunned, even more, I got the exhaustion symbol after getting hooked. I have two clips if it's necessary

Comments

  • Did you wait 3 seconds in the locker?

  • I think it has been bugged though

  • @toxik_survivor said:

    Did you wait 3 seconds in the locker?

    Yes, and the perk even lighted on. I made sure that it was activated in the second time I tried it.

  • Perhaps the better question to ask would be what isnt bugged this patch? Head On probably is bugged but I never run it so I wouldn't notice. Maybe make another thread in bug reports and add your clips there so the devs can see

  • We should ask the Head on tester.

    @Peanits

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    Perhaps the better question to ask would be what isnt bugged this patch? Head On probably is bugged but I never run it so I wouldn't notice. Maybe make another thread in bug reports and add your clips there so the devs can see

    Ok I' ll render it tomorrow. I was making sure that I didn't made any mistake

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    We should ask the Head on tester.

    @Peanits

    Is that his official title?

  • It has actually been more consistent for me.

  • It is not bugged at the moment. I use it on a regular basis and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. It can be a little tricky to land the stun depending on latency (the timing is a little different when you have 5ms ping as opposed to 150ms), but once you figure it out, it should work every time.

    *Assuming you time it right.

  • It's just a really wonky perk.

    Wonky hit detection.

    Wonky area of effect.

    If we get dedicated servers, that will mitigate some of the times it doesn't go off.


    Overall, it's still not that decent of a perk.

  • @Peanits said:

    It is not bugged at the moment. I use it on a regular basis and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. It can be a little tricky to land the stun depending on latency (the timing is a little different when you have 5ms ping as opposed to 150ms), but once you figure it out, it should work every time.

    *Assuming you time it right.

    https://youtu.be/gCTx0RWJTmg

    Escuse me, watch this and answer then.

  • I love the Idea of that perk but after getting like 80% of time killed by this perk when Killer was in front of locker pissed me off that I no longer want to play that. Too much RNG latency/ping depending.

  • i have a feeling that the perk might be a bit bugged. at least when it comes to syncing.

    i think the perk itself is fine, but the latency is the issue here. hopefully the new servers should fix this. :0

  • Hasn't felt bugged to me.

  • This. It is bugged (sometimes), i don't know how it is so hard to notice and work on it. I stopped using it because of his inconsistency.

  • The killer was slightly beyond the range of Head On as you jumped out of the locker. It checks to see if you stunned them the instant you press the button. This is something that's a little tricky to work with even if you do master Head On-ing. We're looking into it and seeing how we could improve it so it works more like how people expect it.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/560531#Comment_560531

    The killer was slightly beyond the range of Head On as you jumped out of the locker. It checks to see if you stunned them the instant you press the button. This is something that's a little tricky to work with even if you do master Head On-ing. We're looking into it and seeing how we could improve it so it works more like how people expect it.

    "The killer was slightly beyond the range of Head On as you jumped out of the locker."? Well, just let me compare it with a moment where it worked:

    Working one:

    trryjsryj.PNG

    Not working one:

    estheasht5re.PNG


    Waiting for next hotfix and try those improvements you mentioned. Thank you for the time.

  • Why is it so hard for devs to admit that perk is bugged, sometimes it works sometimes not, i like this perk but with its inconsistency it makes me angry :/

  • @lindenis said:

    Why is it so hard for devs to admit that perk is bugged, sometimes it works sometimes not, i like this perk but with its inconsistency it makes me angry :/

    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/560673#Comment_560673

    "The killer was slightly beyond the range of Head On as you jumped out of the locker."? Well, just let me compare it with a moment where it worked:

    Working one:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/333/OU0QN6Q96WAX.png

    Not working one:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/791/CIKQLMQK6RWR.png

    Waiting for next hotfix and try those improvements you mentioned. Thank you for the time.

    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

  • @lindenis said:

    Why is it so hard for devs to admit that perk is bugged, sometimes it works sometimes not, i like this perk but with its inconsistency it makes me angry :/

    I wish this were reddit to mark this as the best comment

  • @Peanits Just slightly increase the range and make it a square around the locker so a killer can't slide from the side to grab you out and make the range like 4 steps away so it accounts for latency and makes it more accurate of a hit. I mean, it IS an exhaustion perk. It should be powerful if its situational.

  • I love Head-On. It’s my favorite park to run on Dwight, but it’s really a gamble whenever you use it. And it feels like the odds are not in your favor.

  • @lindenis said:

    Why is it so hard for devs to admit that perk is bugged, sometimes it works sometimes not, i like this perk but with its inconsistency it makes me angry :/

    It took 4 months to fix Legions exploits. The devs are slow to address anything that's a issue in this game.

  • I think so, because I used it in two matches where I should have stunned the killer but instead of that I received a hit and the killer didn't got stunned, even more, I got the exhaustion symbol after getting hooked.

    Do you know how to use it. It works when killer walks 7 feet past you. Won't work if killer is facing locker.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/560531#Comment_560531

    The killer was slightly beyond the range of Head On as you jumped out of the locker. It checks to see if you stunned them the instant you press the button. This is something that's a little tricky to work with even if you do master Head On-ing. We're looking into it and seeing how we could improve it so it works more like how people expect it.

    @Peanits I've been saying this since the perk came out. Make Head On trigger every time you exit a locker and check if the killer enters the stun zone and stun them immediately instead of when the animation finishes. Would make the perk more consistent and maybe even worth using.

  • if its going to stay like this at least remove the exhaustion and add a cooldown cuz this perk suck ass with that weird hitbox , or you can mark the area it works on