Is this lag or lag switching?
I was just playing versus a rank 2 GF. Every time there was a chases, bam... lag. Watch the videos, you tell me
I was just playing versus a rank 2 GF. Every time there was a chases, bam... lag. Watch the videos, you tell me
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Pretty sure that's just regular lag, lag switches usually cause the entire game to freeze rather than just 1 character.
@Gorgonia That's console. Definitely bad frame-rate mixed with lag. It use to happen to me all the time on PS4. It's why I switched to PC. Fun Fact: If the bar wasn't going up and everyone froze then someone got downed 3-6 seconds later, THAT'S a lagswitch. (Edit: Second video is DEFINITELY a lagswitch XD I should have watched both first before replying XD)
I ran into the same killer just now. Same situation.
@AStupidMonkeyy
https://youtu.be/i42ROa6NoFk
@Gorgonia What is your ping?
Thats just lag. If it was a switch, the game would freeze and youd snap out of it on the ground or hook, not rubberbanding every few feet.
Around 60/70.
@LordGlint it’s selective lag then. Only happened during chases.
@Gorgonia Typically when theres something actually going on on the map is when the killer's PC is going to be under a heavier load.
Well, I submitted a ticket. Support will know what to do.
@Gorgonia the first one looks more like lagg, but it could also be the killer using mechanisms that survivors use to lagg switch. The second one is definitely lagg switching, using the same technique that I described previously. Killlers don’t normally lagg switch in this way, as it screws up the game for them as well. Make sure you provide this links to support.
P.S. Make those vids hidden, so that you don’t get dinged for naming and shaming, which is a forum violation.
I'm also not confident they actually do anything about it. There's one killer in red rank on PS4 that I pretty much have played against every night and he lags a lot while appearing offline so you never know who the Killer is until after the match is over. I have reported him several times including video evidence and nothing happens. I've also seen Killers take you across the map down to the basement without iron grasp because it's so laggy you don't know what's going on.