Possible corrupt Intervention idea
While keeping its current effect, what if it would also block of the three farthest gens from the killer whenever a gen goes off, it would only be blocked off for half of the initial time.
What does everyone else think?
Comments
An idea I had would be block off all gens except 3 for 120 seconds at the beginning of the match and then whenever a gen gets done, 3 generators in the match will be blocked off for 60 seconds
@PhantomMask20763 I like your idea more.
It would be strong at the start of the trial. On paper if a gen get popped at the very beginning depending on how fast it was done. Every gen wouldn't able to be worked on for an extra 40/50/60secs on top of whatever seconds the original did. ( if this is what you mean by half the time)
Tier3 CI 120. If a survivor(s) do a gen in just say 40secs the perk activates and There is 80sec left to CI the add its new buff it would be another 140secs of no gen doing. (I know this is a theory)
I love the idea! Maybe if a survivor is currently working on one that gen doesnt get blocked. Then the killer can use Thrilling Tremors to combo! I think it needs to be looked at more if this is the thing you want.
I just think if the survivors do the gen very fast at the beginning, everyone would just hide for a long time maybe. I know that not everyone would do the gen very fast at the beginning, but it is something to think about. It would be boring to look for survivors for a long time.
That was the idea, I think it would combo with other perks pretty well. :)
Me and @Blueberry was thinking about an alternative. Basically, 1/2/3 generators located the furthest from you will be permanently blocked until a generator is completed.
@NMCKE that is a pretty good idea.
Before, survivors could wait out the 2 minutes and do other things to pass time. This led to the killer wasting a perk slot and perhaps more perk slots if you had a Hex because survivors weren't doing generators and were likely looking for totems.
This change forces survivors to do something instead of waiting for 2 minutes. It's really silly how you can do nothing for 2 minutes, and you automatically render a killer's perk useless.
Agreed.
Yeah this change would actually make it see some play
Corrupt intervention is already the best perk to buy killer some time. It could last slightly longer tho. You have Ghostface perk to block gens during the game.
@NMCKE @Blueberry
I see the reasoning behind this and it looks good at first glance, but I have one problem with it: Imagine a not-so good gen spawn for the survivors and a high-mobility killer. It would be the same as a 3-gen-strategy, but at the beginning of the game, and not being the survivors' fault for doing the "wrong" gens.
Sure, such a scenario would not happen in the majority of matches, but in some cases, it would.
@Elk why do you have a diffrent backround for your Feng?
@NoShinyPony
It wouldn't be a 3 generator strategy because you're taking 3 generators away from the 7 available in the trial. This leaves the killer with 4 generators to patrol, which is not easy for most killers. Yeah, some might be able to hold it, but eventually, a survivor will get one to pop.
@NMCKE
"It would be the same as a 3-gen-strategy". It's about the RNG: 4 gens spawning close to each other and a high-mobility killer - that's the problem.
It would happen in a few cases. And when something unbalanced would happen in a few cases, then the mechanic would need to get changed before it could be implemented.