Ruin vs Pop goes the weasel
Lately while leveling GF I haven't managed to get ruin in my bloodwebs but what I did get was PGTW. I've been running it in last 30-40 matches while prestigeing GF and I must say, it's amazing. Yes it still can't beat SWF gen rush but ruin most of the time can't either.
I feel that PGTW is far more effective then ruin ever was for me since it can't be disabled and 25% of gen progression is very significant. I managed to win so many games I probably wouldn't without it since it's power only increases as the match progresses, especially if you get good 3 gen strategy.
I implore anyone using ruin to try running PGTW. Or even better use both if your build allows it.
Comments
I always enjoyed using it when I played Clown. I could see it be really good on Nurse and Billy, especially now that the time is increased, making cross map gen punishment more reliable.
I mostly don't play meta killers but I can imagine it beeing even better on them.
@weirdkid5
It was already ok on other Killers, 30 seconds was a decent amount of time. Now with the Buff, it is even better (of course, Killers with high mobility made the most out of it).
In general, I was thinking about switching Ruin for PGTW. I am playing without Ruin on my Leatherface and it is even more relaxing for me, because I do not have to look for my Totem and I dont feel pissed when it goes down early.
As a Survivor, I find PGTW far more annoying than Ruin.
Really depends on the killer. Ruin is good for early game delay, so better than PGTW on killers like Trapper or Hag who struggle early on. PGTW can really shine though on making it hard to get that last gen done, expecially with a 3 Gen setup.
Or even better... use the gen protector build:
PGTW + surveillance + ruin + overcharge...
It's super effective on the sniper doc.
Feel like GF's problem is his tendency to focus on 1 person at a time, while telling all other survivors that he's preoccupied. As long as you can down fast enough to make PGTW work, or give the other survivors SOME reason to be nervous as their on gen's...
Ruin is for early game pressure good, PGTW more like for mid to end game. Using both is probably the best gen stopper
Feel like Plague's Gen lockout perk is a good alternative to ruin for Trapper and Hag. Those 2 minutes give ya all the time you need to set up
I have hate and love relationship with PGTW, its good vs mediocore survivors (such as myself), but useless vs good survivors so I prefer Ruin even if it sometimes last 10 seconds or all survivors can hit great skill checks.
If you chase good looper with M1 killer with Ruin up and its 3 gen chase. You chase good looper without Ruin and its 5 gen chase.
@Laakeri that's when you just have to recognize that you're spending too much time on one person and leaving the others alone too long.
yep meta killer good to run both ruin and pgtw
Now when Pop Goes the Weasel has been improved, I use it together with Ruin on my Clown.
I find that when using "snatcher" Spirit, this build doesn't even need Ruin, so I either use BBQ, Devour Hope, or Huntress Lullaby in its place. Its fun to snatch a survivor off a gen using Prayer beads + Mother-Daughter Ring/Dirty Uwubaki, hook the survivor, and then punish the gen they were working on or the gen that has the highest progress. It really is a powerful combination, and at most they only get 2-3 gens done before the game ends but they really have to band together and push for it with each gen as working separately dooms them. Unfortunately, as I discovered the other day, this isn't as efficient lately due to the amount of players abusing the Wake-Up bug, but once that's fixed, It'll be back to its Gen Destroying glory.