Idea for Gen Rush

What if every survivor had a mana bar?

that refill really slowly and the mana only for gens (totems too?)

so 100% mana will finish 1 gen (maybe less or more ptb will help with numbers) and after finishing it your mana now 0% you cant do gens

  • it dosent need to be 100% to work on gen
  • you can add or change some perks to help you to refill mana faster (like change useless left behind to this?)
  • this is a starting point im sure devs can improve this idea

but do you guys think this will help the game or not?

Comments

  • That wouldn't work at all. Very often, the circumstances decide who is able to work on gens, who gets chased and who helps hooked/downed survivors.

    One person can easily end up having to do more gens than others. If now a 0% mana gets in the way, the survivor team is screwed for no reason.

  • Idea for Gen Rush — stop complaining about something that doesn’t exist.

  • @rina said:

    Idea for Gen Rush — stop complaining about something that doesn’t exist.

    Look, we all know it's a problem. It DOES exist. Gens are pretty easy to do and they go by too fast. There needs to be some inhibitor. That being said, this isn't it. But, it's a start, we've ruled out something it cannot be.

  • @rina said:

    Idea for Gen Rush — stop complaining about something that doesn’t exist.

    Because you say so? generators can be done at lightning speed and killers with poor map pressure cant do anything about it, specially against a coordinated team

  • We also should find a way to play against tryharders killers.

    About your idea, I don't think the mana bar is a good idea. Sometimes one person can't do a generator : save, heals, totems, chase. So it will be hard for survivors. Did you think about mories or tunnel killers ? Sometimes one person die before one gen has been done. So I don't agree to this.

    Most of my games the killer do 2 kills. It's rare that the killer do 0 kill. (I play in purple ranks)

    If you want to improve something for 4 kills, survivors like me (80% I play survivors, 20% killers) won't play anymore and will only play killer. So if you want to improve the numbers of killers playing it's perfect ! But you will play one game per hour to have the satisfaction for killing 4 survivors before the 5 gens. Not a pleasure at all. Most of players who gen rush = swf (that's a thing about why I never play swf). When I play killers it's because of that, sometimes because I don't want to play ruins or because I play bad. So the think I would like is to improve the time to do generators ONLY for survivors playing swf (if 3 swf and 1 random, only players swf will have the malus). What do you think about that ?

  • @Theluckyboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543876#Comment_543876

    Because you say so? generators can be done at lightning speed and killers with poor map pressure cant do anything about it, specially against a coordinated team

    I still think that this is not a “gens too fast” problem. They need to rework maps so killers other than Nurse and Billy can have easier time applying map pressure.

  • Will the Killer get a Mana Bar too?