Why should the balance be around the inexperienced players?
Why isn't the balance around the good players? Doesn't every game balance around the best? Does Overwatch balance around gold players? No, it balances around the top. So why isn't this the case with Dead by Daylight?
The game has had some quite good changes such as the DS rework, the nerf to god forsaken perk known as MoM, removal of the pallet vacuum, the endgame collapse and some overall pretty good killer buffs. However, why is it, that with the most recent killers, they have ended up being changed into a worse version of their formal glory.
Legion, their changes were understandable, although I feel like it was too much, it was overall for the health of the game, fine.
The Plague, while her changes were small and she got a decent buff with it, her being slower while holding her vile purge just isnt very helpful especially when most of the match is spent combating the loops. That and the fact that her power can be completely ignored by survivors, sure they're one shot, but most of the time they'll have a loop around so it won't even matter unless you can catch them for sure.
And now, we're with The Ghost Face, an incredibly fun killer, but is ridiculed at high ranks. The Ghost Faces' power lies in the hands of the survivors, I enjoy the little hide and seek game he plays but it is incredibly easy to be revealed. I have played against him as well and i had no trouble getting him out of his stealth. Out of many matches I played against him, I was exposed a very small amount of times. But I fear this "hotfix" is just going to make The Ghost Face another mediocre killer like most of the cast. Now I've heard that the detection is currently bugged, and I agree that it should be fixed, but he needs some changes to help him, not make him worse.
I don't understand why there are changes being made to weaken the weaker killers and meanwhile we're stuck with the same 3 killers at high ranks. Having to play only 3 killers to have a decent chance is not very fun, and if you do play a weaker killer, you have to run Hex:Ruin on them to give yourself time, that is not fun either. Having to micromanage everyone is not fun.
I try to not use Noed because it feels cheap imo, but after playing so many matches where ruin is destroyed almost immediately and then 2 gens pop in the amount of time I down someone, and chase after someone that is on a gen nearby, I dont even care anymore, I'm running noed more often to at least have a better chance at the endgame.
TL;DR So basically, what I'm trying to say in my little "rant" is that, why do some balance changes seem to be made to help the lower ranked survivors instead of making changes to help the higher ranked killers. I would gladly take a Nurse and Billy nerf along with a noed nerf if other killers were brought up to the level of the Spirit, Hag and Huntress. Insta-heals have got to go too, maybe keep the purple one, but the red one's gotta go, take iridescent hatchets too with Omega Blink Nurse and insta saw billy, I dont care, just make the other killers stronger!!!
Ok, rant over I guess, balance around high ranks plz
Comments
The only way to balance around high ranks without cucking low ranks and without making the game play differently depending on rank is to balance around red ranks and then increase the ######### out of the skill cap of pubstomp killers.
Anyone who's been through the new player experience knows how killer sided the games can be.
They clearly balance the game around mid green/low purple ranks imo. If you're gonna balance around red ranks, the easier killers will have to stop being as easy as they are. Then we might have a chance of getting a game balanced around the highest level.
Great argument supported by facts and logic. You seem to fail to understand the entire purpose of a game in general, and ALL games, not just video games.
Again, I will point to Super Smash Bros, a game born to be casual, but still balanced around the top 1% of players.
Bring substance or just dont bother.
If it makes high ranks moderately balanced without destroying low ranks, I don't see why not.
Any game can be made competitive depending on how seriously people take said game. The purpose of a game is to have fun. That's why they're called games. Can games be competitive? Of course. DbD isn't really a competitive game. Nor is it entirely causal either. It's caught somewhere in the middle.
To the OP, the game isn't balanced around top players because it's an extreme minority. Also in general new survivors get smashed by new killers. If you made it even worse you'd likely run off any new people from playing. I do think that balance changes are needed, they just need to be done with care so as to not alienate new players.
You have 2 ranks 20 survivors and 2 rank 1 survivors playing against a rank 10 killer. How would this work in that example?
There is a 4vs1 competitive gamemode in Super Smash Bros?
There are three things that I can think of rn that make it difficult to balance this game around the better players, and those are:
1) survivor hitbox abusing through looping
2) how hook states work
3) and perhaps the most important thing: USING THE S KEY AS A SURVIVOR AND TURNING THE CAMERA AROUND.
When these are not addressed, you can expect that the developers will never be able to see what they need to do to balance the game around high skill players.
Why do we still compare rank to skill? It kills me...
Sure, it's called "Team Battles." :P
When I started this game, i sucked. I lost, i died. Did i give up? No... i improved, i researched, i didnt complain, i tried my hardest.
If a person cant handle the game, they cant handle the game. you cant balance a game around people who couldn't handle their first few hours on it because it was "too hard". they sure dont balance other games because a new player cant grasp basic concepts.
I watch friends play that are new/ less skilled and the things they ask for are absurdly ridiculous simply because they don't fully get how to work efficiently in the game. They want things like old D-strike and other mechanics that would break the game for no relative skill cost.
I am not saying you need to screw over new people and never care about their opinions, its just that as you improve your perspective on the game changes (rather rapidly with this game)
Ha, ok got me. I have no clue on SSB. However, just googled SSB Tournaments and mostly see single and double brackets. Does not seem to be the most popular mode in tournaments.