Decisive Strike Change

Decisive strike activation should be when the killer downs you after the timer starts. Not when he picks you up. He can just leave you on the floor for a couple seconds while it ends. This needs to be changed

Comments

  • Decisive strike activation should be when the killer downs you after the timer starts. Not when he picks you up.

    Can we manage to not get 5 threads on the same exact thing every week?? Go comment on many of the already existing ones.

  • @Awakey said:

    DS is fine.

    Explain how it is fine like that at all?

  • What? DS is fine. You're really gonna complain because a good perk has counter play?

  • I reread this like 20 times and I still don't get what's being said.

  • @Pike_Trickfoot said:

    I reread this like 20 times and I still don't get what's being said.

    He doesn’t like that if he is slugged and NOT picked up, he can not activate the perk. Rather than requesting this idiotic change, sounds like you should be running No Mither or unbreakable rather than DS

  • @Pike_Trickfoot said:

    I reread this like 20 times and I still don't get what's being said.

    Maybe if you read it a little slower you would understand. When the decisive strike timer activates after being unhooked you have like 50 - 60 seconds to get away and heal. If you go down then decisive strike activates and it can be used when the killer picks you up. But most times im looping the killer for like 30 seconds and then go down and the killer leaves me there for like 20 seconds and then picks me up. And by that time the decisive strike timer is done and can’t be used because the killer hasn’t “picked me up” during the timer. He had waited hen extra 20 second season for DS to go away. It shouldn’t be when the killer picks you up it should activate when he downs you instead.

  • If you go down and then the killer pick you up then decisive strike activates*

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    What? DS is fine. You're really gonna complain because a good perk has counter play?

    How is that fair counter play? Unless you immediately get killed the instant second you get unhooked its pointless, because you’ll be running for a little as he tunnels you. It should be when he downs you not when he picks you up.

  • I got DS'd today and she was able to do an extra loop thanks to it.

    I'd say that's plenty, considering you can now re-use DS.


    Also, there's 2 ways you can profit from DS.

    • You get picked up, stab them and get another chance to be free.
    • You don't get picked up and thus you aren't tunneled, which is what DS aims to achieve.
  • @ZacKskills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543466#Comment_543466

    Maybe if you read it a little slower you would understand. When the decisive strike timer activates after being unhooked you have like 50 - 60 seconds to get away and heal. If you go down then decisive strike activates and it can be used when the killer picks you up. But most times im looping the killer for like 30 seconds and then go down and the killer leaves me there for like 20 seconds and then picks me up. And by that time the decisive strike timer is done and can’t be used because the killer hasn’t “picked me up” during the timer. He had waited hen extra 20 second season for DS to go away. It shouldn’t be when the killer picks you up it should activate when he downs you instead.

    Why so aggressive? The first sentence is like word vomit.

    I know how DS works mate, I just didn't understand the issue you're having. Pick something else than. You don't have to play with it. Killers will counter it, because they are allowed to have counterplay. Oh no, I should just pick something else to run from the plethora of perks available to me. I don't even know how it would work on the ground, nor would I care to find out.

  • @IMhereRUN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543466#Comment_543466

    He doesn’t like that if he is slugged and NOT picked up, he can not activate the perk. Rather than requesting this idiotic change, sounds like you should be running No Mither or unbreakable rather than DS

    I do run unbreakable idiot but it’s not enough time to make it fully. Barely even halfway most times. The perk should simply be changed to when you get downed not when you get picked up.

  • @Boss said:

    I got DS'd today and she was able to do an extra loop thanks to it.

    I'd say that's plenty, considering you can now re-use DS.

    Also, there's 2 ways you can profit from DS.

    • You get picked up, stab them and get another chance to be free.
    • You don't get picked up and thus you aren't tunneled, which is what DS aims to achieve.

    I’ve used decisive strike tons of game since lately and I’ve honestly not been able to use it once. I didn’t even know you could use it twice in a game now. But yeah sure that extra loop is fine, all im saying is that it’s pointless if the killer kills you while the timer isn’t active but then a teammate Ian right there and he chases the teammate for a second and then comes back to pick you up and you can’t use DS because the timer has now ended while he chased your teammate for a second or sat there tbagging you for 20 seconds or purposely left you there for 20 seconds. It’s annoying when it’s wasted.

  • @Boss said:

    I got DS'd today and she was able to do an extra loop thanks to it.

    I'd say that's plenty, considering you can now re-use DS.

    Also, there's 2 ways you can profit from DS.

    • You get picked up, stab them and get another chance to be free.
    • You don't get picked up and thus you aren't tunneled, which is what DS aims to achieve.

    And what about the inbetween on this end 2 profits where you still get tunneled but not picked up and can’t use DS though?

  • @ZacKskills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543490#Comment_543490

    And what about the inbetween on this end 2 profits where you still get tunneled but not picked up and can’t use DS though?

    Have you considered not using DS? Like seriously considered this or are you just so adamant to use it even when it wastes a slot for you?

  • @Boss said:

    I got DS'd today and she was able to do an extra loop thanks to it.

    I'd say that's plenty, considering you can now re-use DS.

    Also, there's 2 ways you can profit from DS.

    • You get picked up, stab them and get another chance to be free.
    • You don't get picked up and thus you aren't tunneled, which is what DS aims to achieve.

    Wdym you can 're-use' DS?

  • @Pike_Trickfoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543510#Comment_543510

    Have you considered not using DS? Like seriously considered this or are you just so adamant to use it even when it wastes a slot for you?

    Honestly I don’t even use DS often but I’ve used it the past couple days to try it because of tunneling but it doesn’t be even help because they just leave me on the floor and hunt the guy who’s unhooked me and it’s pointless. I’ll probably just take IT out because since I’ve put it on iceberg honestly never been able to use it. Even though I’ve even tried o purposely going down when the timer hit halfway and the killer just strolls around for a couple seconds while it deactivates. I would just like it to activate when you go down so I could at least use the perk

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Have you tried not being dogshit at the game? It's way better than DS.

    Sorry that i 360 you too many times

  • The only thing that might be possible in my opinion is to let the Timer stop when downed, but DRASTICALLY reduce the Timer.

    Like 20 seconds for DS Tier 3. This is enough to get healed by another Survivors, when no Perks are involved. When downed in this 20 seconds, the Perk will stay active, even when slugged.

    Because a Killer who downs someone and does not pick them up for 60 seconds still tunneled. But on the other Hand, if this would be the case, the Timer needs to be reduced. Today I had a game where I downed and hooked two people before downing the guy with DS (so 3 Survivor downed), and I still got hit by DS from him, because it was less than a minute when he got unhooked. I did not tunnel, but was punished.


    But other than that, I think the current DS is great. It is a strong Perk, but not guaranteed, because it has Counterplay and can even not come into effect, when the Killer goes for the Person who unhooked. So for me, there need no more changes.

  • @ZacKskills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543490#Comment_543490

    I’ve used decisive strike tons of game since lately and I’ve honestly not been able to use it once. I didn’t even know you could use it twice in a game now. But yeah sure that extra loop is fine, all im saying is that it’s pointless if the killer kills you while the timer isn’t active but then a teammate Ian right there and he chases the teammate for a second and then comes back to pick you up and you can’t use DS because the timer has now ended while he chased your teammate for a second or sat there tbagging you for 20 seconds or purposely left you there for 20 seconds. It’s annoying when it’s wasted.

    You know what your buff would do?

    It could have people running around with DS active.


    Smack the unhooked Survivor down again and then go hunt the unhooker?

    Guess the unhooked one gets DS until they're down again, which could be immediate, or 5 minutes from now.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543508#Comment_543508

    You know what your buff would do?

    It could have people running around with DS active.

    Smack the unhooked Survivor down again and then go hunt the unhooker?

    Guess the unhooked one gets DS until they're down again, which could be immediate, or 5 minutes from now.

    Not really sure what you mean but im not talking about extending the timer. Just talking about if a killer is coming at me while I’m im getting unhooked but I have a couple feet to run and loop, and the killer still kills me after like 20-30 seconds because I had no chance. That sucks when DS should activate. Not when he picks me up. IDK where you got 5 min from. And The timer should cut off if the person is healed within the 60 seconds. Unlikely unless the killer is across the map. If that’s what you’re worried about

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    The only thing that might be possible in my opinion is to let the Timer stop when downed, but DRASTICALLY reduce the Timer.

    Like 20 seconds for DS Tier 3. This is enough to get healed by another Survivors, when no Perks are involved. When downed in this 20 seconds, the Perk will stay active, even when slugged.

    Because a Killer who downs someone and does not pick them up for 60 seconds still tunneled. But on the other Hand, if this would be the case, the Timer needs to be reduced. Today I had a game where I downed and hooked two people before downing the guy with DS (so 3 Survivor downed), and I still got hit by DS from him, because it was less than a minute when he got unhooked. I did not tunnel, but was punished.

    But other than that, I think the current DS is great. It is a strong Perk, but not guaranteed, because it has Counterplay and can even not come into effect, when the Killer goes for the Person who unhooked. So for me, there need no more changes.

    Sorry but if you downed somebody and then downed and hooked 2 other people after and went back to that first guy then you either camped or tunneled because that’s impossible

  • @ZacKskills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543531#Comment_543531

    Not really sure what you mean but im not talking about extending the timer. Just talking about if a killer is coming at me while I’m im getting unhooked but I have a couple feet to run and loop, and the killer still kills me after like 20-30 seconds because I had no chance. That sucks when DS should activate. Not when he picks me up. IDK where you got 5 min from. And The timer should cut off if the person is healed within the 60 seconds. Unlikely unless the killer is across the map. If that’s what you’re worried about

    Ahh no, you're right, i misunderstood that part, apologies.


    So what you want is for the actual DS "stab" to happen on getting hit instead of being picked up?

    I'll wait with talking about that until you confirm that this is indeed what you mean.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543549#Comment_543549

    Ahh no, you're right, i misunderstood that part, apologies.

    So what you want is for the actual DS "stab" to happen on getting hit instead of being picked up?

    I'll wait with talking about that until you confirm that this is indeed what you mean.

    Lol yeah I’m talking about the perk activating when you go down not when picked up

  • Decisive strike activation should be when the killer downs you after the timer starts. Not when he picks you up.

    only thing that should change is the stun timer IMO. It is very strong since the Enduring changes, which is why it was buffed too 5 seconds in the first place, but now since it's been nerfed too being horrible the 5 seconds it too damn strong.

  • @ZacKskills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543466#Comment_543466

    Maybe if you read it a little slower you would understand. When the decisive strike timer activates after being unhooked you have like 50 - 60 seconds to get away and heal. If you go down then decisive strike activates and it can be used when the killer picks you up. But most times im looping the killer for like 30 seconds and then go down and the killer leaves me there for like 20 seconds and then picks me up. And by that time the decisive strike timer is done and can’t be used because the killer hasn’t “picked me up” during the timer. He had waited hen extra 20 second season for DS to go away. It shouldn’t be when the killer picks you up it should activate when he downs you instead.

    It sounds like you are just a survivor main who has never played killer. That would be completely unfair and broken in many forms. If you don't want too get slugged carry Unbreakable. Otherwise you're gonna be slugged because of DS and most killers know not too pick people up unless no one is the obession.

  • @ZacKskills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543557#Comment_543557

    Lol yeah I’m talking about the perk activating when you go down not when picked up

    Okay, gotcha.

    In that case, what you're asking for is more akin to another version of Mettle of Man.

    Which isn't terrible, but it is in combination with other Perks and 3 others also running it and in combination with other Perks.


  • Decisive strike activation should be when the killer downs you after the timer starts. Not when he picks you up.

    If you dont want your ds to be wasted by slugging, just jump into locker.

  • @Azurlynx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/71399/decisive-strike-change

    If you dont want your ds to be wasted by slugging, just jump into locker.

    2.gif


  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543480#Comment_543480

    It sounds like you are just a survivor main who has never played killer. That would be completely unfair and broken in many forms. If you don't want too get slugged carry Unbreakable. Otherwise you're gonna be slugged because of DS and most killers know not too pick people up unless no one is the obession.

    I even been ranked one killer and ranked one survivor a couple times. I enjoy both buyback enjoy survivor a little more, probably because I have people with me. But this change is literally not that different. If I have a perk, i wanna use it. Not sit there’s hoping I die before the timer and hoping the killer picks me up. It’s the same thing if the killer was to kill me after 10 seconds and then pick me up. All I’m saying is that if the killer kills me after 35 seconds and then is busy like breaking a pallet and a gen or something and then comes back I won’t be able to use my DS and that’s stupid. The whole point of the perk is to get a second chance at being tunneled. It’s fair both ways. Survivor goes down from being tunneled after looping for 30 seconds, 45 seconds after being unhooked and DS activates. Kill the survivor after 45 seconds and the perk goes to waste. I just hate being on the ground with the perk still active and then watching it deactivate because he’s tbagging, breaking a gen, or something.