pallet vaults are not normal

i've been getting totally unearned hits on survivors vaulting pallets who are already on the other side, and have been getting hit similarly on survivor

i know vaults are different this patch but that shouldn't impact pallet vaults. did something change?

Comments

  • Played a bunch of survivor today, can't say I noticed anything different?

  • Earlier today I vaulted a pallet as Billy revved his chainsaw behind me. I made it almost entirely over the pallet before he chainsawed and hit the pallet. It broke behind me and I went immediately into the dying state as I touched the ground. There was no hit animation for either me or Billy or a scream. I've never seen that happen before, idk if it's normal.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Earlier today I vaulted a pallet as Billy revved his chainsaw behind me. I made it almost entirely over the pallet before he chainsawed and hit the pallet. It broke behind me and I went immediately into the dying state as I touched the ground. There was no hit animation for either me or Billy or a scream. I've never seen that happen before, idk if it's normal.

    That specifically is not a new thing.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Earlier today I vaulted a pallet as Billy revved his chainsaw behind me. I made it almost entirely over the pallet before he chainsawed and hit the pallet. It broke behind me and I went immediately into the dying state as I touched the ground. There was no hit animation for either me or Billy or a scream. I've never seen that happen before, idk if it's normal.

    Chainsawing pallets was adjusted at around 2.3 or 2.4 if I recall correctly.

    Since that patch, if the survivor tries to vault the pallet at the last instant, the pallet will break AND he will get chainsawed. Does that fit your description?

    Before that, there were ridiculous cases where the survivor would even vault back facing the chainsaw and wouldn't get injured, while the pallet was indeed getting broken.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/541352#Comment_541352

    Chainsawing pallets was adjusted at around 2.3 or 2.4 if I recall correctly.

    Since that patch, if the survivor tries to vault the pallet at the last instant, the pallet will break AND he will get chainsawed. Does that fit your description?

    Before that, there were ridiculous cases where the survivor would even vault back facing the chainsaw and wouldn't get injured, while the pallet was indeed getting broken.

    I recorded and watched it on my PS4 a few times just to make sure. I was already almost over the pallet before he connected with it, like just about to slide off. From my perspective I should have made it over the pallet IMO but there may have been latency.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/541365#Comment_541365

    I recorded and watched it on my PS4 a few times just to make sure. I was already almost over the pallet before he connected with it, like just about to slide off. From my perspective I should have made it over the pallet IMO but there may have been latency.

    Post the video

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Earlier today I vaulted a pallet as Billy revved his chainsaw behind me. I made it almost entirely over the pallet before he chainsawed and hit the pallet. It broke behind me and I went immediately into the dying state as I touched the ground. There was no hit animation for either me or Billy or a scream. I've never seen that happen before, idk if it's normal.

    this is an intended feature even though it looks weird, but now it seems like it is happening when it shouldn't, same with M1 hits

  • I've noticed it happen a more than normal since the patch. I'd be basically off the pallet and still get hit. It's not a ping thing either, I'm sure about that.

  • Nah I'd need to link it to my YT account and I'm not providing that here. Doesn't really matter either way as people have said this is known to happen.

  • @brokedownpalace A chainsaw breaking a pallet will down any survivor on the pallet as well, regardless how far across the pallet they are.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    @brokedownpalace A chainsaw breaking a pallet will down any survivor on the pallet as well, regardless how far across the pallet they are.

    IIRC if someone is vaulting a pallet and you chainsaw the pallet as the vault is finishing they won't be downed. it functions the same way as M1s are meant to

  • No, it's always been instadowns while on the pallet, you have to regain control before it registers you not on the pallet. I know, because I used to play leatherface a lot trying to get B&C, and have downed a lot of survivors on the other edge of the pallet repeatedly before even the EGC

  • @AetherBytes said:

    @brokedownpalace A chainsaw breaking a pallet will down any survivor on the pallet as well, regardless how far across the pallet they are.

    That's fine but it should at least have an animation and scream. It looked really bad

  • @AetherBytes said:

    No, it's always been instadowns while on the pallet, you have to regain control before it registers you not on the pallet. I know, because I used to play leatherface a lot trying to get B&C, and have downed a lot of survivors on the other edge of the pallet repeatedly before even the EGC

    this is definitely not correct. i've vaulted plenty of pallets that were mid-break without going down. once you're past a certain point you're fine

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/541409#Comment_541409

    That's fine but it should at least have an animation and scream. It looked really bad

    Yeah it looks incredibly awkward lmao. No sound effect or animation, just bop you're down.