Shadow survivors?

I've noticed while playing Ghostface that I see what looks like shadow survivors repairing generators...like no one is actually there, but it's what looks like a shadowy figure that's the shape of a survivor at the gen. They are see through but just highlighted in black and look a little smokey.

When I approach closer it disappears. Most have been what looks like was working on a generator but I've seen a couple just standing straight up next to it as well.

I'm being dead serious about this. I don't what's causing it but I've seen them a lot now, but only on Ghostface.

Has anyone else seen these as well? These only started appearing after Ghostface release.

@Peanits

Can you verify if this is actually a bug or what and if anyone else has reported this yet?

Comments

  • I've noticed while playing Ghostface that I see what looks like shadow survivors repairing generators...like no one is actually there, but it's what looks like a shadowing figure that's the shape of a survivor at the gen.

    I've seen them too with Ghost Face! Didn't have a clue what they were and disappeared as I got closer. They were just shadow human shapes really, didn't have hair or much detail in the face.

  • @Spaceman94 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/70691/shadow-survivors

    I've seen them too with Ghost Face! Didn't have a clue what they were and disappeared as I got closer. They were just shadow human shapes really, didn't have hair or much detail in the face.

    Yeah exactly! No details just a human shape to them. So creepy!

    I'm assuming it's some kind of bug but I'm not sure. I've switched perks out and still see them so I think they are related to Ghostface specifically and not any perks.

  • I saw them too as the clown. It was next to the shack generator of Springwood. It was so creepy lol

  • Ghost face in p5 confirmed?

  • Once while playing as the Wraith (if I recall correctly), I saw a shadow survivor that didn’t seem to be near a generator and I saw it just after I hooked a survivor. This wasn’t too long ago, definitely after the 3.0.0 update. It was late June. I was just walking away from the hooked survivor when I saw a shadow survivor standing in front of me, looking at me. I recall it being in a T-pose, so I assumed it was a bug. It spooked me. But it was only there briefly, probably because I got too close. And after reading here that “shadow survivors” have been spotted before, it would be a cool Easter egg to add shadow survivors in on purpose. It would add to the eerie story of the fog.

  • Your game is haunted burn it 🤔

  • It happens to all the killers I think. I've seen it with Freddy too. It normally happens after a survivor is sacrificed from what I've seen

  • sometimes when a survivor dies on a hook a dark specter of them will appear near you and T-pose for a few seconds before disappearing

    this patch is cursed

  • It'd be cool with dedicated servers if we could faintly see shadow survivors from other games doing things, like dark souls.

  • It's a bug - I believe it only appears under certain conditions. When I've seen them on a gen, there has often been someone there when I went to look, or at least the gen was being worked on the the survivor legged it when I got close.

    The other day, my brother swore he saw the same thing happen with the killer, just for a couple of seconds.

  • I've noticed while playing Ghostface that I see what looks like shadow survivors repairing generators...like no one is actually there, but it's what looks like a shadowy figure that's the shape of a survivor at the gen.

    Aw man. I thought they implemented ghosts as an Easter egg for GHOSTface. Should’ve known it was just a bug 😅

  • just the demons haunting you nothing really worrysome at all.

  • The souls of the survivors that lost their will to live.👻