About hidden Offerings
It doesn't happen as often as before, but it still happens: The DC in the loading screen when the killer plays a "hidden offering"=Mori (in 90% of cases). It also happens quite often that someone DCs because the killer played a certain map offering (Lèry's & The Game are the best examples). This is just not fun.
Here is my idea:
Every killer Offering is hidden as well as a random survivor Offering if they did not play a hidden Offering. So there are always 2 Offerings which are hidden and neither Survivors nor the Killer can easily guess what it is. Always a surprise. Noone will leave because of crying "The killer played The Game so I have no chance... mimimimimi.... "
What do you think?
Comments
I'd prefer if only bloodpoint offerings were visible and all other offerings were hidden.
balance moris and sure
@artist Then tell me your idea! I'm all ears.
@Dehitay that would be OK too.
While I don't DC for offerings I can see why some people do.
The majority of players tunnel and mori, why load up a game to spend 1 minute getting tunneled and moried.
to prevent the tunneling that people like to do with moris, i think requiring the killer to hook every survivor at least once before they can mori anyone would be nice.
@artist This is actually a nice idea.
I'd settle for making them more rare. Harder to get on the bloodweb. Same with insta heals.
rarity shouldn't be a substitute for balance, especially if we're making moris impossible to predict
@Pulsar
Mori's and insta heals are supposed to be OP
big yikes
Survivors do also dc for puddings or black wards as well so the offering screen should just be disabled.
@PolarBear I totally forgot the Black Ward. This was a real pain when you didn't get your stuff back, when someone dc'ed in the loading screen and you had a 3p game.
I think you should see the offerings though. Because as survivor and killer it tells you something about the others. When someone drops a 100% altruistic offering, you know there will be someone who goes for the save etc.
Hiding one survivor offering would be fair if the Killer's is hidden at all time.
Nah, seeing offerings changes how i play the match. If survivors brings haddonfield (or old "i see you through loops" cooldwind), i'll tryhard way more than if it was random. At the same way, if killer brings a mori (secret offerings) i'll pay more attention, and if i have decisive and he tunnels me, i'll hide in a locker in front of his face, to use it.