Why do we lose a pip due to a tunneler?

Especially when rank reset happened, people tend to just tunnel, tunnel, and tunnel. We should not lose a pip when a killer decides to tunnel you. You shouldn't pip, but you should not de-pip either. This is a serious issue, at low ranks, and during the start of a new season, because people want to get their rank

Why am I making this post?

Because of a recent encounter with a Spirit player. I find it absolutely not only annoying, but boring to deal with a person who is tunneling (Which you obviously cannot fix), but to lose a pip due to a tunneler makes the continuation of playing the game in an hour or for the whole day, really not fun and depressing.

Comments

  • its double points its toxic season take a weak long break then come back

  • Because they effectively killed you off and you got zero work done.

    Same reason killers dont pip when gens get done super fast. they didnt complete their objective.

    It sucks sometimes. But it happens. You pip when you do well. Dying first isnt doing well. Dying without a chance of escape due to rushing teammates is unfortunate, but also not doing well.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Because they effectively killed you off and you got zero work done.

    Same reason killers dont pip when gens get done super fast. they didnt complete their objective.

    It sucks sometimes. But it happens. You pip when you do well. Dying first isnt doing well. Dying without a chance of escape due to rushing teammates is unfortunate, but also not doing well.

    How am I suppose to do work done when the first few seconds I get in the game I encounter death? It's pretty hard to do something when you are not let go for a second. Dying first isn't always your fault, how can I deal with a person that saw me first second and won't let me go? The killer isn't going to give up on you.

  • That's the nature of competition, friend. It happens. You just have to deal with it and move on.

  • That's the way it goes. You pip if you do well (not really. You pip if you do everything.). If you die early, you didn't do well so you have to take that depip.

    ATLEAST tomorrow they're making it where you get lightbringer points when gens and totems are done when you're midchase. And evader points for pallet stuns.

    With this new system, in the future, just try and last as long as you can.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530836#Comment_530836

    How am I suppose to do work done when the first few seconds I get in the game I encounter death? It's pretty hard to do something when you are not let go for a second. Dying first isn't always your fault, how can I deal with a person that saw me first second and won't let me go? The killer isn't going to give up on you.

    They wont see you immediately. Run urban evasion and distortion. Dont start a gen as SOON as the match starts.

    Wait. See who or where they are before acting.

    Play smart.

  • Remember. Being tunneled is essentially random, while delaying a death due to a tunnel and surviving a non-tunneling killer is not. That means over the course of multiple games you will be accurately assessed at how good you were compared to the Killers you just face. Even if that one game was BS, the upsides of having a ranking system that deranks you when you accomplish nothing outweigh the downsides of having the reason for accomplishing nothing sometimes not being entirely your fault.


  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530840#Comment_530840

    They wont see you immediately. Run urban evasion and distortion. Dont start a gen as SOON as the match starts.

    Wait. See who or where they are before acting.

    Play smart.

    I'll be honest, I run whispers and I tunnel the crap out of urban evaders until they die. I know a lot of killer mains who detest urban evasion users as well. Bad advice.

  • @Paladin_Goo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530867#Comment_530867

    I'll be honest, I run whispers and I tunnel the crap out of urban evaders until they die. I know a lot of killer mains who detest urban evasion users as well. Bad advice.

    That's great. When you catch them.

    But a lot of people DONT use whispers.

    Evasion takes a skill slot. Why detest them being able to crouch fast and lose a perk slot?

    Its almost like people getting mad about noed. Or PWYF.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    ######### happens.

    Sometimes I 4k as killer and depip, so y'know, at least you don't depip when you escape as a survivor unless you literally did nothing but escape.

    Depends on rank. I've done a gen and then got chased for a good while and downed while they did the other 4 and got rescued and didn't pip and that was not at red ranks. Once you hit red ranks the pip requirements are tight since people were complaining it was too easy to get there


  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530840#Comment_530840

    They wont see you immediately. Run urban evasion and distortion. Dont start a gen as SOON as the match starts.

    Wait. See who or where they are before acting.

    Play smart.

    They claim they've removed it, but I've had several games recently where the killer spawned practically just outside of the terror radius from me to where as soon as it started I was then in it because they moved and of course happened to look in my direction.

  • @Paladin_Goo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530867#Comment_530867

    I'll be honest, I run whispers and I tunnel the crap out of urban evaders until they die. I know a lot of killer mains who detest urban evasion users as well. Bad advice.

    I love Killers that use Whispers. I can keep them locked down in the same spot using Urban for minutes at a time.

  • Run Bond or Empathy. See who is running and where. Don't touch a gen until you are sure the killer is chasing someone else.

  • Play stealthy and don't be the first survivor to get found. Then someone else will get tunneled.

    But what I'd really recommend: Learn how to loop. You will eather buy your team a big amount of time and you'll get your passive Emblem points in Lightbringer (changes to the Emblems are coming today) or the killer will simply leave you alone and go for a weaker target.

  • Next time don't be the easiest survivor to find and catch