Slugging, new meta?
Every other game, for me, consists of killers slugging survivors until the entire team is down. I can't recall this amount of slugging earlier, but then again, it could be a case of bad luck. First time I'm considering to use a slot for unbreakable. Is slugging the new (old) meta?
Comments
Unbreakable was made specifically to stop slugging a few years back. This isn't really a new strategy, and is actually quite an effective one.
If one person is down, that takes 2 off gens. Down another guy, and that's either 3 or all Survivors off gens. If you want to win, slugging is a pretty good way to get there.
I've seen killers slug for the 4k. I had a killer slug me and the two other people left when one survivor DC'd. Only once have I had a killer (a Leatherface) slug all four survivors and then leave us to bleed out; I think that was because someone brought a key.
I've been slugging survivors because I'm not trying to sacrifice anyone, but I also don't want the match to be over in five minutes. I try to always have two survivors on their feet. If a survivor stays slugged for too long, then I'll get them back on their feet myself if I can find them. If they let a survivor bleed out, though, then I get mad and sacrifice everyone.
@TragicSolitude Okay, interesting! I have not been slugged to death that many times either, but instead killers who wait to hook until everyone is downed.
@weirdkid5 It is very effective! But it doesn't net that many points?
Some people don't really care about points. And it can, it just depends on the skill of the Survivors. If they can manage to keep picking each other up, the game could get delayed by a pretty substantial amount.
Personally, I like to hook one, and leave anyone else I down on the ground. It puts more pressure on them considering one of them is going to die in 2 minutes.