Any actual numbers of DC bans?

I still encounter killers who DC intentionally to rank down. Just had one do it DURING double blood and I am getting really tired of it.

First match where 3 people used streamers and some POS is DCing because he can't play the game. Right at the start of the match. I don't think anybody gets banned or has been banned.

The question is. Why implement console bans that are IMPOSSIBLE to acquire? Unless you're some famously toxic streamer they want to make an example of to scare people into thinking they actually ban people.

Comments

  • and why do we really need the feature where the match gets cancelled? Did we REALLY need that? Now people are using it to troll.


    Seen that like 3 times TOTAL. Then today alone about 3.

  • Yes we did need a system to cancel the game from loading. 3 man lobbies on start up were one of the worst things in this game.

    DC's are annoying and will eventually be dealt with but yes we did NEED game cancel.

  • I'm still not sure why they made it to where disconnects automatically die instead of just go into perma afk mode. That seems like it would have been the more logical course of action.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    and why do we really need the feature where the match gets cancelled? Did we REALLY need that? Now people are using it to troll.

    Seen that like 3 times TOTAL. Then today alone about 3.

    Yes. 3 man games meant not only an already snowballing game for the killer, but missing emblem points on both sides

  • @AetherBytes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/525787#Comment_525787

    Yes. 3 man games meant not only an already snowballing game for the killer, but missing emblem points on both sides

    How many pips were you losing due to this? 1 a month?

    As a survivor I would rather just deal with it then have to redo the entire process over again. They couldn't even make it so we all just return together and wait for another person. Yet issues like losing offerings when killers DC for derank still result in losing the offerings. Wait I get 5k for my lost streamer.....sometimes.

  • 0

    No one is complaining on the forum so that's probably the number so far. :)

  • They're not gonna start banning anyone for DCing until Dedicated Servers go live and even then, there's a high chance that everyone who's "above the treshhold" just get a one day ban and nothing more.

  • @se05239 If they even do anything about PAST dcs.

    Betcha it all starts counting after they drop. Nothing from before.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @se05239 If they even do anything about PAST dcs.

    Betcha it all starts counting after they drop. Nothing from before.

    @Bbbrian2013 That's a risk too. It'd suck though, considering how many players are abusing disconnections at the moment. Letting them get off even without a slap on the wrist would make all the suffering we other players have suffered all for naught.

  • @Visionmaker said:

    0

    No one is complaining on the forum so that's probably the number so far. :)

    Exactly. I dont think I've ever seen a ban topic let alone one for console DCs

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526173#Comment_526173

    Exactly. I dont think I've ever seen a ban topic let alone one for console DCs

    I have. Several, in fact. However, if you were to look at the rules, you'd see there's one against discussing bans on the forum. Now why do you suppose those threads don't stay visible for very long?


  • @se05239 said:

    They're not gonna start banning anyone for DCing until Dedicated Servers go live and even then, there's a high chance that everyone who's "above the treshhold" just get a one day ban and nothing more.

    I know that is the word on the subject. But really WHY? What changes then? Why announce bans for something months and months and months before the real ability to do it goes into affect?

    Its never going to get fixed. They can't even make it so we dont lose offerings. We don't even always get the points.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526206#Comment_526206

    I have. Several, in fact. However, if you were to look at the rules, you'd see there's one against discussing bans on the forum. Now why do you suppose those threads don't stay visible for very long?

    I doubt there is anything you haven't seen here Orion....

    I have never heard of anyone anywhere complaining about getting banned on DBD console. Only speculation from other players on whether or not the bans even happen outside of some MASSIVE amount of DCs. The other players in the lobby of the deranking killer? Same speculation.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526207#Comment_526207

    I doubt there is anything you haven't seen here Orion....

    I have never heard of anyone anywhere complaining about getting banned on DBD console. Only speculation from other players on whether or not the bans even happen outside of some MASSIVE amount of DCs. The other players in the lobby of the deranking killer? Same speculation.

    There's plenty I haven't seen, trust me.

    Now you have. Many people, not just myself, have seen (hilarious) complaint threads about people who were banned. Everything from "It was my brother/sister/mother/father/cousin/dog" to "OK maybe I did it, but I should still be unbanned".

    But hey, don't take my word for it. Google exists, you know.

  • yes 0, the number is 0

    they don't ban anyone for anything in this game.

    litterally sent video evidence of speed hacking, didn't ban the guy and now have him as a fog whisperer , so yeah

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526216#Comment_526216

    There's plenty I haven't seen, trust me.

    Now you have. Many people, not just myself, have seen (hilarious) complaint threads about people who were banned. Everything from "It was my brother/sister/mother/father/cousin/dog" to "OK maybe I did it, but I should still be unbanned".

    But hey, don't take my word for it. Google exists, you know.

    Maybe on page 20? I haven't heard of anyone unremarkable actually getting banned on console. Bing or google Dead By Daylight banned on console. Only thing that comes up is announcements or speculation on whether or not is real.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526219#Comment_526219

    Maybe on page 20? I haven't heard of anyone unremarkable actually getting banned on console. Bing or google Dead By Daylight banned on console. Only thing that comes up is announcements or speculation on whether or not is real.

    Search "i was banned" dead by daylight, with quotes around "i was banned". Enjoy.

  • @rch614 said:

    Yes we did need a system to cancel the game from loading. 3 man lobbies on start up were one of the worst things in this game.

    DC's are annoying and will eventually be dealt with but yes we did NEED game cancel.

    We did NEED it, if we had a proper lobby system.

    Not a "find a lobby, if killer dcs or lobby doesn't start, search another one".

    And after finding a lobby (for like 5 minutes), the game cancels, because DbD crashed on some guys computer.

    Then you take a look at your items and offerings you brought along, and they are missing, even if they aren't lost because DbD is buggy as hell, you have to find another lobby for 5 minutes.

    No, the system is NEEDED, definetely.

    Also it can't be used to dodge games. Totally not.

    You just see all the offerings before the game starts...

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526221#Comment_526221

    Search "i was banned" dead by daylight, with quotes around "i was banned". Enjoy.

    By page 3 it has results about No Mither and Ash. Nobody being banned on what is actually a console though other than he who....

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526225#Comment_526225

    By page 3 it has results about No Mither and Ash. Nobody being banned on what is actually a console though other than he who....

    If the bans are on PC, they're on console as well. It's not like console has different rules from PC.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526231#Comment_526231

    If the bans are on PC, they're on console as well. It's not like console has different rules from PC.

    Find a single instance of someone getting banned on DBD console and mentioning it on the internet. I have never seen this ONCE and been a DBD console player as my main game since long before console bans got announced.

    I will gladly be wrong about this but I don't think there is. They have the ABILITY to do it and simply don't. Either way if there is a chance somehow 2% of deserving bans actually got handed out. They need to up it because people are without a doubt unafraid to DC match after match after match to rank back to 15.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526234#Comment_526234

    Find a single instance of someone getting banned on DBD console and mentioning it on the internet. I have never seen this ONCE and been a DBD console player as my main game since long before console bans got announced.

    I will gladly be wrong about this but I don't think there is. They have the ABILITY to do it and simply don't. Either way if there is a chance somehow 2% of deserving bans actually got handed out. They need to up it because people are without a doubt unafraid to DC match after match after match to rank back to 15.

    It took me 5 seconds to find the search terms that would produce the results I know exist. The rest is up to you.

    I'm going to play some video games.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/526239#Comment_526239

    It took me 5 seconds to find the search terms that would produce the results I know exist. The rest is up to you.

    I'm going to play some video games.

    Strange how you don't include this. Sure you did.

  • Dude, if I know people opened threads about having been banned, why do you doubt that I also knew those results existed?

    See, this is why the devs don't usually respond to threads like this. Even if they were to come in here and tell you a number, you'd just doubt its veracity. What's the point of talking to someone like that?

  • giphy.gif

    bans? on console?

  • Ofc they (soft)ban regarding DCs and it mostly happens in waves. Dunno how the ban rates are at consoles but the ban system 100% exists and is active.