The part I hate for ranking

When you get around rank 6, you don’t win from killing all four survivors. I’m currently sitting at rank four, and I killed all the survivors really easily. No gens done, game was about 4-5 minutes. I didn’t pip, even though the survivors were destroyed. I know why, but it doesn’t make sense that I’m getting punished for doing my job as killer.

Comments

  • rank is meant to be an indication of skill (we know that it isn't, but that's its intended purpose)

    if the survivors are playing poorly enough to deliver you a game like that, why should you rank up for it?

  • @miaasma He shouldn't, but you also shouldn't be rewarded poorly when you 4k with 2-1 gens left. I had a streak of 4 4ks in a row and only 1 of them was a ruthless killer.

    It has something to do with the chaser emblem being really specific and requires you to be 100% perfect every game. It honestly needs to be fixed or the very least changed, not back to the original way it was but not as hyper specific as it is now. Why should you be this perfect for a ranking system that doesn't reward you?

  • @FireHazard said:

    @miaasma He shouldn't, but you also shouldn't be rewarded poorly when you 4k with 2-1 gens left. I had a streak of 4 4ks in a row and only 1 of them was a ruthless killer.

    It has something to do with the chaser emblem being really specific and requires you to be 100% perfect every game. It honestly needs to be fixed or the very least changed, not back to the original way it was but not as hyper specific as it is now. Why should you be this perfect for a ranking system that doesn't reward you?

    i completely agree, it's the reason why billy gets punished disproportionately hard

    this is why i've always thought killer emblems should be more nuanced, since their playstyles are so diverse

  • @miaasma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521930#Comment_521930

    i completely agree, it's the reason why billy gets punished disproportionately hard

    this is why i've always thought killer emblems should be more nuanced, since their playstyles are so diverse

    In the anniversary stream they revealed they're working on a ranking system which is specific for the killer your playing.

    For example, playing trapper has specific trapper goals to meet. While playing Spirit has their specific goals to meet to rank up.


    I'm positive this will all be changed eventually. I have faith.

  • @miaasma said:

    rank is meant to be an indication of skill (we know that it isn't, but that's its intended purpose)

    if the survivors are playing poorly enough to deliver you a game like that, why should you rank up for it?

    Because if the survivors are at the same rank as me, it doesn’t make sense for me to utterly destroy them, and not rank up. If rank is meant to be an indication of skill, it’s obvious I’m not playing with the survivors matching mine

  • @RotBb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521920#Comment_521920

    Because if the survivors are at the same rank as me, it doesn’t make sense for me to utterly destroy them, and not rank up. If rank is meant to be an indication of skill, it’s obvious I’m not playing with the survivors matching mine

    Basically this.

    Put a different way, if someone who gets a 4K every game never ranks up; then all that ranking system provides is a miserable experience for the people who have to play against them. At some point completely decimating your opponents should mean you get harder opponents; because otherwise you'll just keep decimating the people unlucky enough to run into you..

  • It really is a sad state of affairs when you need to let survivors have lots of extra chances and extend a game to rank up as a killer. That is the opposite of skill. Trying to game the system like this also has the adverse effect of ranking up survivors that don't deserve it. For all the effort and time they have put into this Emblem system if I was given a choice to go back to the victory cube system, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If you are a killer and kill 3 or 4 players, you pip. If you are a survivor and you survive, you pip. Simple.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    It really is a sad state of affairs when you need to let survivors have lots of extra chances and extend a game to rank up as a killer. That is the opposite of skill. Trying to game the system like this also has the adverse effect of ranking up survivors that don't deserve it. For all the effort and time they have put into this Emblem system if I was given a choice to go back to the victory cube system, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If you are a killer and kill 3 or 4 players, you pip. If you are a survivor and you survive, you pip. Simple.

    I never thought of this. The Killer pip system being so arbitrary and difficult so as to give Survivors more opportunity to pip themselves.

    Just more nonsense really.

  • @RotBb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521920#Comment_521920

    Because if the survivors are at the same rank as me, it doesn’t make sense for me to utterly destroy them, and not rank up. If rank is meant to be an indication of skill, it’s obvious I’m not playing with the survivors matching mine

    if you're destroying the survivors then they'll rank down

    the current ranking system is meant to reward good play against players of similar skill levels. if the survivors deliver you the game and you 1 hook everyone at 5 gens you won't rank up because that was barely a game, and on the flip side the survivors will rank down for playing poorly. it's actually fairly reasonable even if it's momentarily irritating

  • you also depip for killing 3 of them.

    @Peanits can we have the victory cube back?

    at least there the killer got rewarded for doing his job. that or fix Trappers emblems already!