Three protection hits is a bit extreme

As the title says, three protection hits will kill this perk, I think it should be lowered to two protection hits.


(Before you say “crybaby survivor who uses MoM” I don’t run it but I can tell that this change will kill it.)

Comments

  • Yeah it's gonna kill it. Well, gotta get back to my chainsaw.

  • How about removing the protection hits requirement and make it work just when the exit gates are powered? A direct counter to NOED.

  • 1) Take a hit near a hook

    2) Take another hit as your unhooking a survivor that has your Borrowed Time

    3) Get unhooked and heal to full health

    4) Repeat step 1 and 2

    It's fine.

  • Its 3 Protection Hits AND Safe Unhooks.

    It's not just protections hits.

  • @NoFace said:

    Its 3 Protection Hits AND Safe Unhooks.

    It's not just protections hits.

    Someone didn't watch the stream. They're getting rid of unhooks.

  • They’re taking away the safe unhooks.

  • @Mc_Harty you’re telling me to let the killer have me so I can use my perk? That really isn’t a good idea and I often only get protection hits while I’m on the hook or the killer is carrying someone.

    @Tsulan the counter to noed is cleansing dull totems.

  • Another good survivor perk dead for crybaby killers main. Next update every survivor spawn on the hook

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty you’re telling me to let the killer have me so I can use my perk? That really isn’t a good idea and I often only get protection hits while I’m on the hook or the killer is carrying someone.

    @Tsulan the counter to noed is cleansing dull totems.

    Why shouldn't perks be risky to use?

  • @Mc_Harty the whole idea of taking hits is risky but going down (letting the killer have you) is a dumb way to play.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty the whole idea of taking hits is risky but going down (letting the killer have you) is a dumb way to play.

    Yeah it's a shame survivors have 3 chances on the hook and perks that help you on the ground.

  • @Mc_Harty you think survivors should give themselves to you?That is poor logic with them being survivors.

  • It'll still be easy to get stacks just not as easy as it has been.

    MoM has one of the best pay offs in the game and can completely skew the game in the survivors favor, It should require that bit of effort to activate.

  • @xChrisx That is 2 mid chapter patches away as a QOL change.

    @Mc_Harty protection hits are bugged and don't always register they dropped that in a stream 2 or 3 back after the proposed MOM nerf.

    @TreemanXD I don't run it either but agree that this will kill the perk.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty you think survivors should give themselves to you?That is poor logic with them being survivors.

    I think survivors now have to work for Mettle, one of the most tanky, easiest perks in the entire game.

  • Make it 2.5 protection hits then.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    @xChrisx That is 2 mid chapter patches away as a QOL change.

    @Mc_Harty protection hits are bugged and don't always register they dropped that in a stream 2 or 3 back after the proposed MOM nerf.

    @TreemanXD I don't run it either but agree that this will kill the perk.

    So the devs should fix that. This change for Mettle is perfect.

  • @Bongbingbing considering you’ll have to chase after the killer, take a hit while he is carrying someone and repeat that two more times (giving the killer time since you’re chasing him) this perk just won’t be worth running.

  • @Mc_Harty so wait, they wouldn’t have to work for two protection hits? They’d still have to work for it.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty so wait, they wouldn’t have to work for two protection hits? They’d still have to work for it.

    You can get 2 protection hits from unhooking one survivor. Nothing would change from this version and the PTBs version with that idea.

  • @Mc_Harty "IF" they fix protection hits than 3 hits isn't that bad but i think we all know about bug fixes and the timetables.

  • @Mc_Harty like I said, I often don’t get a protection hit while unhooking someone.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    @Mc_Harty "IF" they fix protection hits than 3 hits isn't that bad but i think we all know about bug fixes and the timetables.

    @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty like I said, I often don’t get a protection hit while unhooking someone.

    So why should the perk take less requirements to use if it's bugged? Just fix the bug.

  • I feel it should just give the survivor an extra hit while within 8m of hooked survivor while the killer is there. Once per game of course.

    Just as something to discourage camping.

  • @Mc_Harty answer this for me; why would I give up a hook state to endure one hit?

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty answer this for me; why would I give up a hook state to endure one hit?

    Points? Why do survivors unhook immediately after the killers hooks someone?

  • I'll finally see more M1 killers like Doctor, Hag, Wraith and Trapper.

    I haven't seen them in weeks.

  • @Mc_Harty survivors do it to troll or try to get wglf stacks

  • @Mc_Harty why would I play dumb to activate a perk? Generally they want points but that is also usually dumb play.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    @Mc_Harty survivors do it to troll or try to get wglf stacks

    Exactly. Mettle helps to get those stacks.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty why would I play dumb to activate a perk? Generally they want points but that is also usually dumb play.

    Have you seen the survivors nowadays?

    Give them a few extra points and they fall over each other trying to get them.

  • @Mc_Harty generally the ones I see don’t let me down them to activate MoM.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty why would I play dumb to activate a perk? Generally they want points but that is also usually dumb play.

    And MoM helped with that dumb play. Don't have to play smart without the threat of death over you.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty generally the ones I see don’t let me down them to activate MoM.

    Maybe it's just a region thing, but everyone is always taking hits in my matches, even if they get downed half the time.

  • I feel like MoM is one of those perks that will either be too strong or too weak.

  • Extreme requirements for an extreme effect.

  • @xChrisx said:

    Another good survivor perk dead for crybaby killers main. Next update every survivor spawn on the hook

    Killers didn't say nothing against the safe unhooks. Don't accuse us because the devs changed the perk from PTB.


  • @xChrisx said:

    Another good survivor perk dead for crybaby killers main. Next update every survivor spawn on the hook

    Lol.

    Survivors: We have 5,000 different ways to completely beat the Killers and EZ mode the game! There's 4 of us to 1 of them. We can use voice coms with Survive With Friends. We can fight back with Flashlights, pallets, Firecrackers, Decisive Strike, etc. etc.

    Devs: We're fixing a perk.

    Survivors: YoU'rE cAtErInG tO tHe KiLlErS!


    I'm surprised we've not heard a Survivor main ######### that being hooked is unfair, and all Killers should have their powers changed to 'Shake Fist'.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Mc_Harty you’re telling me to let the killer have me so I can use my perk? That really isn’t a good idea and I often only get protection hits while I’m on the hook or the killer is carrying someone.

    @Tsulan the counter to noed is cleansing dull totems.

    That shouldn't be to much work...

    Oh wait, it actually is.

    @TreemanXD

  • It's hard to obtain as it should be. A free hit is huge. It can totally swing a game. And it should be VERY difficult for multiple survivors to obtain it in a single trial.

  • The effect is strong af, and very unfun to face; it should be hard to earn.

    Can we stop trying to buff this perk ;_;

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    The effect is strong af, and very unfun to face; it should be hard to earn.

    Can we stop trying to buff this perk ;_;

    The spirit fury effect is not fun for survivor, and is not hard to earn..

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/511439#Comment_511439

    The spirit fury effect is not fun for survivor, and is not hard to earn..

    Nope, but it takes 2 perks and at least you can play around it once you know they have it.

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/511439#Comment_511439

    The spirit fury effect is not fun for survivor, and is not hard to earn..

    Agreed, it only requires two perk slots, chasing through two loops of pallets, breaking said pallets, and the you get a "free" hit at the third looped pallet. All 100% countered by dropping the pallet one loop eariler.

  • Just let the dead perk stay dead please. If it remains slightly useful people won't stop bitching about it.

    Just let the poor perk rest :c

  • @xChrisx said:

    Another good survivor perk dead for crybaby killers main. Next update every survivor spawn on the hook

    Out of curiousity, what are the other previously good survivor perks that are dead now?

  • I think Mettle of Man should need 2 body block hits while the killer is carrying someone to activate. After soaking up a hit, you'll enter Deep Wounds and you'll have 60 seconds to mend yourself. However, you can't mend yourself, nor can your teammates mend you so you'll be forced to stay in the killer's TR if you don't want to go down.

  • ######### survivors upset because they have to work for their crutch perk :(

  • @AIG1992 said:

    ######### survivors upset because they have to work for their crutch perk :(

    Someone doesn’t read.

‹ 1 2