This Forum is Just People Complaining About Ghostface

I think the devs get the message guys

Comments

  • That's okay. That is what a PTB is for, after all. We look for feedback to see if we need to make balance changes before it goes live.

    If only they were posted in the right section so the design team could find them. REEEEEEEE

  • @Peanits said:

    That's okay. That is what a PTB is for, after all. We look for feedback to see if we need to make balance changes before it goes live.

    If only they were posted in the right section so the design team could find them. REEEEEEEE

    If I'm being completely honest I always forget that part of the forum exists sadly.

  • This forum is just people complaining about pretty much everything. There, fixed it for ya.

  • @Spectro said:

    This forum is just people complaining about pretty much everything. There, fixed it for ya.

    Fair enough

  • Well it is content BHVR expects people to buy. Killer mains do not want a killer that is reliant upon survivors mistakes to get their power(see Plague). The character while not the Icon of Halloween is an Iconic Character. They wanted something good. Being able to stare through a wall or look at Ghostface and completely neuter them is not a good design.

  • @Peanits said:

    That's okay. That is what a PTB is for, after all. We look for feedback to see if we need to make balance changes before it goes live.

    If only they were posted in the right section so the design team could find them. REEEEEEEE

    Wait, that's what the PTB is for? Weird, could've sworn that every killer coming out of their pre-release PTB has been awful beyond words.

    Also, I can appreciate your sense of humor, trying to trick me into thinking the designers actually read constructive feedback. Oh Peanits, you prankster you! : )

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508884#Comment_508884

    If I'm being completely honest I always forget that part of the forum exists sadly.

    To be perfectly fair, it only appears when the PTB is live and gets archived afterwards, so you don't really see it most of the time. It's understandable. I've been moving the ones that I see over (they're not just disappearing).

  • @fcc2014 said:

    Well it is content BHVR expects people to buy. Killer mains do not want a killer that is reliant upon survivors mistakes to get their power(see Plague). The character while not the Icon of Halloween is an Iconic Character. They wanted something good. Being able to stare through a wall or look at Ghostface and completely neuter them is not a good design.

    Ya, on one side you don’t have to buy it, but on the other side, hardcore fans have been waiting for months to be disappointed. It’s only been in the PTB for one day though so I think people are jumping to conclusions too fast.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508890#Comment_508890

    To be perfectly fair, it only appears when the PTB is live and gets archived afterwards, so you don't really see it most of the time. It's understandable. I've been moving the ones that I see over (they're not just disappearing).

    Your doing God's/the entity's work sir

  • @Peanits said:

    That's okay. That is what a PTB is for, after all. We look for feedback to see if we need to make balance changes before it goes live.

    If only they were posted in the right section so the design team could find them. REEEEEEEE

    *Looks at most of the underwhelming roster, glances at mention of designers reading constructive feedback for balance changes. Signs off thread.*

    I admire your sense of humor, my good man.

  • Ghostface is the hot topic right now. It happens with the times, Like Legion, MoM (with renewed interest now), etc. Of course there will be a uproar of Ghostface topics. This is nothing new.

    ILP.png


  • @Peanits said:

    That's okay. That is what a PTB is for, after all. We look for feedback to see if we need to make balance changes before it goes live.

    If only they were posted in the right section so the design team could find them. REEEEEEEE

    I’m just tired of seeing the same things being posted all the time. Any post about Ghostface says the same thing. I know it’s all just constructive criticism, but I think the devs know what the community thinks at this point.

  • Well, we are diasppointed that his power is controlled by survivors... Who the hell even bring that idea?

  • I don't mind all the criticism but some people on here are overly dramatic about changes or new content. I like when people can say "I think Ghostface is weak and here are my reasons" not "GHOSTFACE IS AN ABOMINATION WHY DO THE DEVS HATE KILLERS?!?"

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Well, we are diasppointed that his power is controlled by survivors... Who the hell even bring that idea?

    Ya, everyone including me was saying it probably just sounds bad on paper, but then the PTB happened xddd

  • @Ghostface_Main_TBH The killer may do well in 20-15 but after that it is a wrap. Premonition, Spine Chill, and Object of obsession already hurt certain killers. Those perks will wreck this one. SWF will troll and bully the hell out this killer. Neither side that play this game really want that at least i hope they don't.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    @Ghostface_Main_TBH The killer may do well in 20-15 but after that it is a wrap. Premonition, Spine Chill, and Object of obsession already hurt certain killers. Those perks will wreck this one. SWF will troll and bully the hell out this killer. Neither side that play this game really want that at least i hope they don't.

    I want to respond in agreement but I have already contradicted my original post too much lol

  • @Ghostface_Main_TBH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508884#Comment_508884

    I’m just tired of seeing the same things being posted all the time. Any post about Ghostface says the same thing. I know it’s all just constructive criticism, but I think the devs know what the community thinks at this point.

    People’s past experiences with multiplayer games have shown that if players don’t speak up, some dev teams will take advantage of it and just push it through.

  • We need stickied topics for every chapter released called:

    • Complaints about the new killer
    • Complaints about the new survivor
    • Complaints about the new map

    Obviously we only need the first 1 this time! 😀😥

  • But thats the problem, they don't get the message, no matter how many times we spam them, and even if they do, they only get like 10% of our message

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    But thats the problem, they don't get the message, no matter how many times we spam them, and even if they do, they only get like 10% of our message

    Ya, I’m new to this so I have no clue what the relationship is between the devs and the community. This post was kind of a “spur of the moment” response to seeing all of these Ghostface posts.

  • @Ghostface_Main_TBH Refer to my post above, and you'll understand.

  • @Shad03 said:

    @Ghostface_Main_TBH Refer to my post above, and you'll understand.

    Note taken

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    But thats the problem, they don't get the message, no matter how many times we spam them, and even if they do, they only get like 10% of our message

    Spamming is never the way to go about it. It's way better to have a single detailed post on what you don't like rather than saying "bad" a dozen times. We've been keeping an eye on the feedback though, you can let me know if I'm on the right page here:

    • Too hard to use the power (gets spotted way too quickly)
    • When you do manage to fully stalk someone, 20 seconds is too short
    • The map-wide audio queues give you away and put everyone on high alert
    • People can peek around corners using the third person camera and spot you without being visible to the killer
    • Ghost Face's movement in general is too loud (footsteps, etc.), making it hard to sneak up on people
    • Certain perks (OoO, Spine Chill, etc.) hard counter Ghost Face's power
    • Camera is too low when crouched, making it difficult to see/stalk

    We're always taking feedback, but time is also a factor. We'd love to address everything as soon as possible, but sometimes we don't get the chance to squeeze everything in before an update.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508986#Comment_508986

    Spamming is never the way to go about it. It's way better to have a single detailed post on what you don't like rather than saying "bad" a dozen times. We've been keeping an eye on the feedback though, you can let me know if I'm on the right page here:

    • Too hard to use the power (gets spotted way too quickly)
    • When you do manage to fully stalk someone, 20 seconds is too short
    • The map-wide audio queues give you away and put everyone on high alert
    • People can peek around corners using the third person camera and spot you without being visible to the killer
    • Ghost Face's movement in general is too loud (footsteps, etc.), making it hard to sneak up on people
    • Certain perks (OoO, Spine Chill, etc.) hard counter Ghost Face's power
    • Camera is too low when crouched, making it difficult to see/stalk

    Add also perks are terrible and slower movement speed during crouching.

  • @Peanits 100% on the right page. At least you know what's going on rather well. Hopefully the people working on Ghost can fix some of those before the 18th D:

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508986#Comment_508986

    Spamming is never the way to go about it. It's way better to have a single detailed post on what you don't like rather than saying "bad" a dozen times. We've been keeping an eye on the feedback though, you can let me know if I'm on the right page here:

    • Too hard to use the power (gets spotted way too quickly)
    • When you do manage to fully stalk someone, 20 seconds is too short
    • The map-wide audio queues give you away and put everyone on high alert
    • People can peek around corners using the third person camera and spot you without being visible to the killer
    • Ghost Face's movement in general is too loud (footsteps, etc.), making it hard to sneak up on people
    • Certain perks (OoO, Spine Chill, etc.) hard counter Ghost Face's power
    • Camera is too low when crouched, making it difficult to see/stalk

    @Peanits

    How many times were those repeated for you to see?

    You hit the nail on the coffin, pretty much. Those are main concerns, the problem is trying to fix it.

    Whatever you ask from the Ghost designers, please, don't keep the Ghost weak.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    We need stickied topics for every chapter released called:

    • Complaints about the new killer
    • Complaints about the new survivor
    • Complaints about the new map

    Obviously we only need the first 1 this time! 😀😥

    Yeah, maybe three or four megathreads help a bit to keep things more in one place and strengthens the visibilty for smaller issues as well. Besides it kinda allows devs to get some more feedback focus on things they truelly care about. With current PTB I would expect something like:

    • Ghostface - Night Shroud Megathread
    • Ghostface - Perks Megathread
    • Survivor/Killer Perk Changes - Megathread
    • Survivor Emblem Changes - Megathread

    Or something like that. Of course it's too late to do this right now and I don't know hom much more time it would take to set up such threads. But that might be a suggestion for future PTBs? @Peanits @not_Queen

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/509018#Comment_509018

    Add also perks are terrible and slower movement speed during crouching.

    I was just talking about Ghost Face specifically, not necessarily the perks. Though the reduced crouching movement speed is intentional and won't be going anywhere. Having a killer move around at 4.6m/s while being short enough to hide behind just about anything isn't something we're looking to do at the moment. Even so, I have see people use it very effectively to mindgame at certain loops.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508986#Comment_508986

    Spamming is never the way to go about it. It's way better to have a single detailed post on what you don't like rather than saying "bad" a dozen times. We've been keeping an eye on the feedback though, you can let me know if I'm on the right page here:

    • Too hard to use the power (gets spotted way too quickly)
    • When you do manage to fully stalk someone, 20 seconds is too short
    • The map-wide audio queues give you away and put everyone on high alert
    • People can peek around corners using the third person camera and spot you without being visible to the killer
    • Ghost Face's movement in general is too loud (footsteps, etc.), making it hard to sneak up on people
    • Certain perks (OoO, Spine Chill, etc.) hard counter Ghost Face's power
    • Camera is too low when crouched, making it difficult to see/stalk

    I'm not trying to be rude or crass, but can you shed light on the internal balance and development process? These are all things that experienced players pointed out within 30 seconds-2 minutes of gameplay on their streams. Most of our negative feedback is sheer bewilderment that things like simply rotating the camera to neutralize the killer's ability have made it this far into development.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/509021#Comment_509021

    I was just talking about Ghost Face specifically, not necessarily the perks. Though the reduced crouching movement speed is intentional and won't be going anywhere. Having a killer move around at 4.6m/s while being short enough to hide behind just about anything isn't something we're looking to do at the moment. Even so, I have see people use it very effectively to mindgame at certain loops.

    Why not? He still will be loopable during the crouching.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/509021#Comment_509021

    I was just talking about Ghost Face specifically, not necessarily the perks. Though the reduced crouching movement speed is intentional and won't be going anywhere. Having a killer move around at 4.6m/s while being short enough to hide behind just about anything isn't something we're looking to do at the moment. Even so, I have see people use it very effectively to mindgame at certain loops.

    Even if he moved around in stealth at 4.6m, he still wouldn't have the mobility necessary to put sufficient pressure on survivors the way he is. It would be a good change and definitely a solid advantage for him to have, but even that by itself wouldn't be enough.

    Also "MiNdGamEs at super specific loops" with his crouch is not enough to make him viable nor worth purchasing. If I could give you some advice, don't double down on the state of this terribly weak killer. It'll hit you right in the sales.

    But I understand. The developers don't make killers for the people that actually play them anymore, you make them for survivors. Sorry, but I won't be your stand in AI for Ghostface.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508986#Comment_508986

    Spamming is never the way to go about it. It's way better to have a single detailed post on what you don't like rather than saying "bad" a dozen times. We've been keeping an eye on the feedback though, you can let me know if I'm on the right page here:

    • Too hard to use the power (gets spotted way too quickly)
    • When you do manage to fully stalk someone, 20 seconds is too short
    • The map-wide audio queues give you away and put everyone on high alert
    • People can peek around corners using the third person camera and spot you without being visible to the killer
    • Ghost Face's movement in general is too loud (footsteps, etc.), making it hard to sneak up on people
    • Certain perks (OoO, Spine Chill, etc.) hard counter Ghost Face's power
    • Camera is too low when crouched, making it difficult to see/stalk

    Pretty much this

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508986#Comment_508986

    Spamming is never the way to go about it. It's way better to have a single detailed post on what you don't like rather than saying "bad" a dozen times. We've been keeping an eye on the feedback though, you can let me know if I'm on the right page here:

    • Too hard to use the power (gets spotted way too quickly)
    • When you do manage to fully stalk someone, 20 seconds is too short
    • The map-wide audio queues give you away and put everyone on high alert
    • People can peek around corners using the third person camera and spot you without being visible to the killer
    • Ghost Face's movement in general is too loud (footsteps, etc.), making it hard to sneak up on people
    • Certain perks (OoO, Spine Chill, etc.) hard counter Ghost Face's power
    • Camera is too low when crouched, making it difficult to see/stalk

    Well, at least you have the main points, now it just comes down to if your team can fix it right and accordingly, that's where the 10% comes

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508986#Comment_508986

    Spamming is never the way to go about it. It's way better to have a single detailed post on what you don't like rather than saying "bad" a dozen times. We've been keeping an eye on the feedback though, you can let me know if I'm on the right page here:

    • Too hard to use the power (gets spotted way too quickly)
    • When you do manage to fully stalk someone, 20 seconds is too short
    • The map-wide audio queues give you away and put everyone on high alert
    • People can peek around corners using the third person camera and spot you without being visible to the killer
    • Ghost Face's movement in general is too loud (footsteps, etc.), making it hard to sneak up on people
    • Certain perks (OoO, Spine Chill, etc.) hard counter Ghost Face's power
    • Camera is too low when crouched, making it difficult to see/stalk

    That list of issues is 100% spot on Peanits. I truly hope you will pass all of that along to the team for fixes.

  • Lifecycle of this post: 

    People talking about the point of the forums —> People having legitimate complaints about Ghostface —> People responding to Peanit’s list 

  • A more accurate title would be ....

    This Forum is Just People Complaining

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    A more accurate title would be ....

    This Forum is Just People Complaining

    True

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508986#Comment_508986

    Spamming is never the way to go about it. It's way better to have a single detailed post on what you don't like rather than saying "bad" a dozen times. We've been keeping an eye on the feedback though, you can let me know if I'm on the right page here:

    • Too hard to use the power (gets spotted way too quickly)
    • When you do manage to fully stalk someone, 20 seconds is too short
    • The map-wide audio queues give you away and put everyone on high alert
    • People can peek around corners using the third person camera and spot you without being visible to the killer
    • Ghost Face's movement in general is too loud (footsteps, etc.), making it hard to sneak up on people
    • Certain perks (OoO, Spine Chill, etc.) hard counter Ghost Face's power
    • Camera is too low when crouched, making it difficult to see/stalk

    @Peanits Player on the hook can take you out of stalk and also take you out of stalk through walls seems absurd.

  • No. The forums are a mixture that look like this.

    image.png

    Obviously a LFG.

    image.png

    A Legitimate Constructive Criticism Topic.

    image.png

    Asking the community for tips.

    image.png

    Pretty obvious.

    image.png

    A compliment thread for BHVR for making the hair cosmetics look great.

    image.png

    Pretty obvious.

    Anyways, you all have eyes and the forums aren't just loaded with complaints.

    Stop fueling this pretense. We have enough negativity already.

  • @ReneAensland said:

    No. The forums are a mixture that look like this.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/188/MUI8B5JXMS5R.png

    Obviously a LFG.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/416/SXED02K2NHXA.png

    A Legitimate Constructive Criticism Topic.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/044/2YZ20NCSS2HP.png

    Asking the community for tips.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/141/XHUVART6643V.png

    Pretty obvious.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/399/HVLCEJD6NKI8.png

    A compliment thread for BHVR for making the hair cosmetics look great.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/732/6XSNEC7MMCOJ.png

    Pretty obvious.

    Anyways, you all have eyes and the forums aren't just loaded with complaints.

    Stop fueling this pretense. We have enough negativity already.

    In the OP's defense, there were previously a bunch of PTB threads in General Discussions that I moved to PTB feedback.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/509136#Comment_509136

    In the OP's defense, there were previously a bunch of PTB threads in General Discussions that I moved to PTB feedback.

    In my defense, I posted a thank you thread for buffing Streetwise.

    It hasn't been all bad. I'm just saying.

  • They are completely justified complaints. They released the killer in a state where his power is almost entirely useless. Obviously it's ptb and they have time to go through and buff him. But, the fact that he was released in this state is a bad sign.

  • @Elegant said:

    They are completely justified complaints. They released the killer in a state where his power is almost entirely useless. Obviously it's ptb and they have time to go through and buff him. But, the fact that he was released in this state is a bad sign.

    I know, I realized immediately that this post was a mistake

  • @Ghostface_Main_TBH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/509152#Comment_509152

    I know, I realized immediately that this post was a mistake

    We should be able to delete or close our own threads!

  • THANK YOU!!! I spent so long trying to figure out how to delete my post just to figure out that it’s not possible

  • because ghostface sucks and ppl dont want such an iconic killer to be ######### over.

  • Well, in some cases I don't think complaining is a bad thing and let's be real, the last killers was a shame so I don't blame people who had expectations on Ghostface

  • TBH, I never liked him since the movies.

‹ 1 2