The most complicated ban question

So, how does the ban evasion work in this game? If you say get banned permanently and have say another account will that account get banned to? Or what if you get banned permanently and make another account on a different steam profile. Will that account get banned also because of the previous accounts offense? I read that ban evasion for cross platforms exists, but what if its the same platform?

Comments

  • I don't think the devs are willing to give out accurate details of how they handle bans in general. Theoretically, you can get personally banned, meaning if you make a new account (even if on a different platform), but they realize it's yours, it can get banned. I believe that's what happened to Ochido. I'm guessing it does not work with EAC automatic bans.

    (I can't stress enough, I'm doing guesswork here!)

    At any rate, don't do stuff that can get you banned. I doubt they're gonna put a lot of effort to hunt you down if you make a new account, so you can probably dodge that way, unless you're high profile and making a lot of noise. But at any rate, you have to be extremely nasty or a very dedicated hacker to get a permanent ban. Just don't be any of these.

  • So... you're asking if you get banned permanently for example... and you had other accounts associated with that account... will they also get permanently banned? And you're also asking is ban evasion a thing when you make new accounts on the same platform.

    Is this correct cause I had a hard time reading this for some reason.

  • @George_Soros said:

    I don't think the devs are willing to give out accurate details of how they handle bans in general. Theoretically, you can get personally banned, meaning if you make a new account (even if on a different platform), but they realize it's yours, it can get banned. I believe that's what happened to Ochido. I'm guessing it does not work with EAC automatic bans.

    (I can't stress enough, I'm doing guesswork here!)

    At any rate, don't do stuff that can get you banned. I doubt they're gonna put a lot of effort to hunt you down if you make a new account, so you can probably dodge that way, unless you're high profile and making a lot of noise. But at any rate, you have to be extremely nasty or a very dedicated hacker to get a permanent ban. Just don't be any of these.

    Didn't Noob3 get banned once and he still plays on the same platform?

    Also, are we even supposed to be discussing this...

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508643#Comment_508643

    Didn't Noob3 get banned once and he still plays on the same platform?

    Also, are we even supposed to be discussing this...

    He had a temp ban iirc

  • I was told, or from what I understand. He was banned for doing something I don't really want to discuss HERE. And that was his first ban, and what he did is considered and IS listed on the rules as a permanent ban.

    The other time was through a Vac ban, and some people I know who were permanently banned still play this game on different steam accounts. Some with BHVRs knowledge also.

    I also looked through the rules just now, and it only speaks about Multiple Platform Ban evasion which [He who shall not be named] does.

    ultimately though, i'm going to have to @Peanits and @not_Queen @Patricia for a solid answer as I can't answer this question, i'm just going off of common knowledge that I know.

    And for whatever they say, i'd like them to answer my question here also since this is getting me curious. That question is, (People I know have also been perma banned but still play with some of your knowledge... So is ban evasion a thing like this guys asking?)

  • We'll give you a chance to start over on a new account if you are permanently banned, but if you take advantage of that and break rules again, we can and will ban you completely.

  • @Peanits said:

    We'll give you a chance to start over on a new account if you are permanently banned, but if you take advantage of that and break rules again, we can and will ban you completely.

    @Peanits Really? That's interesting... But what if you were Perma banned and had another account lined up to use? Do the same rules still apply?

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508881#Comment_508881

    @Peanits Really? That's interesting... But what if you were Perma banned and had another account lined up to use? Do the same rules still apply?

    From what I understand its the fact that you re-bought the game for the second account that really gave you the second chance. Although, it may have progress you would essentially lose your 'main' account and its progress.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508881#Comment_508881

    @Peanits Really? That's interesting... But what if you were Perma banned and had another account lined up to use? Do the same rules still apply?

    @FireHazard I assume at first it's an account ban and people can get a new account and try again, and if they STILL haven't learned I'd imagine it will escalate to some even more severe ban. The "logical" next step is some sort of HWID-type ban that autobans any new accounts made on the same machine, but I won't pretend to know how they do it ๐Ÿ˜„

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508922#Comment_508922

    From what I understand its the fact that you re-bought the game for the second account that really gave you the second chance. Although, it may have progress you would essentially lose your 'main' account and its progress.

    Thats what I'm asking, what if you had a alt (why own a alt on this game I dont know) and it was perma banned. Does your "main account" also get banned from association? Or is this only when the mains banned? Now this is confusing me...

  • @Jesp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508922#Comment_508922

    @FireHazard I assume at first it's an account ban and people can get a new account and try again, and if they STILL haven't learned I'd imagine it will escalate to some even more severe ban. The "logical" next step is some sort of HWID-type ban that autobans any new accounts made on the same machine, but I won't pretend to know how they do it ๐Ÿ˜„

    @Jesp what about what I asked above though?

  • @Peanits said:

    We'll give you a chance to start over on a new account if you are permanently banned, but if you take advantage of that and break rules again, we can and will ban you completely.

    @Peanits Does this apply only on pc? And furthermore, what is going to happen with people who are using a second account (aka smurf account) on the same Plattform and got banned on one account? Will the second account get banned automatically aswell since it exists already or not?

  • @Peanits said:

    We'll give you a chance to start over on a new account if you are permanently banned, but if you take advantage of that and break rules again, we can and will ban you completely.

    This is true, because noob3 made a new account and started again, but why ochido got banned again while in a stream? (I'm not defending anyone just curious)

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508881#Comment_508881

    This is true, because noob3 made a new account and started again, but why ochido got banned again while in a stream? (I'm not defending anyone just curious)

    If you get banned and don't repeat the behavior, you'll be allowed to play on a new account.

    But when people constantly break the rules even on new accounts after being banned on previous ones, that's when the heaviest end of the ban hammer comes down and all accounts that player uses now and in the future will be banned.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/508881#Comment_508881

    @Peanits Does this apply only on pc? And furthermore, what is going to happen with people who are using a second account (aka smurf account) on the same Plattform and got banned on one account? Will the second account get banned automatically aswell since it exists already or not?

    Right, cause that's actually interesting to know, if I had to guess... Since both questions were asked in multiple comments... I'd say the rules apply regardless to if the account was already made or was a "main" as long as the offender doesn't cheat again.

    What they're mainly focused on is "will he cheat again" I suppose, and if not... A second chance is given.