Explain how the apparent unhooking immunity works.

There have been multiple times I try to hit someone who is injured while they're unhooking someone. The hit lands but it does absolutely nothing.

Just now as Myers I was having the gens blazed through so fast I couldn't do ######### about it. Until finally activating Tier 3 and COMPLETELY turning the match to my favor. I carry someone down the stairs and hook them. I catch another person outside and start carrying them downstairs. I notice the scratches so a third person is going for a save. I think I am about to have 3 ppl hooked in the basement. While still carrying a survivor I hit the unhooker. Does absolutely nothing to them. I think hmmm T3 must've ran out but then it actually runs out a second later. #########.


I see stuff like this a lot and don't really get how it works.

Comments

  • Survivors are invincible until they can move again. So you basically have to wait until they start running to hit them. I usually just kill the rescuer.

  • I'm talking about the person DOING the unhooking.

    Matter of fact I actually recorded it this time. I clearly land a hit in T3 on the person who is doing the rescue and I get the Hit points and it only injures them notdowns them.

  • Sounds like you overshot and hit the person being unhooked. Could've also been MoM going off, if they were already injured. Feel free to share the video, if you'd like.

  • Sometimes your hit goes directly through the unhooker and hits the hooked person, happens to me sometimes.

  • unhooker/hooked survivor hitboxes are incredibly wonky. i can intentionally hit around the person being unhooked to go for the rescuer and it'll still somehow lock onto the person being unhooked. i think autoaim has a lot to do with it

  • Yeah, for some reason the auto aim decides you wanted to aim for the person being unhooked who is invincible, it happens to me all the time and it drives me nuts.

  • It happened to me a lot, but lately. They had to change something.

    If you hit unhooked person even like half of second after animation ended the hit still does nothing from time to time. Also hitting unhooking guy in the middle of animation sometimes does not work either. Go for grabs.

    Imo this entire unhooking immunity is stupid. Had game yesterday. I got hooked, gates were opened. Someone tries the stupidests save i have seen so far. Got hit slightly after animation ended but it did nothing. He chased me down and hit, bt procced. Then i window juked for a while and deadharded into the gate. It felt so unearned and broken. If survivors go for stupid saves they shouldnt be rewarded for it.

  • This needs to get fixed if thats the case. you might as well if not able to get the grab. Simply wait and then TUNNEL the person getting unhooked which I am specifically trying NOT to do. But if the game is going to make it so you land a pointless hit that doesn't even trigger the BT...you might as well

    Maybe I can find a way to upload part of my video. Even if the hitbox transfers the hit...does it for some reason NOT down them either?


    I am carrying a survivor in T3. I am right behind a survivor unhooking another survivor from the hoook closest to the stairs. The guy gets unhooked and turns left and takes about 2 steps. Right then I swing at the person who did the unhooking. I see the Hit! point prompt and it does nothing. So had I missed and hit the guy being unhooked...he should've went down. IDK ######### is going on.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    This needs to get fixed if thats the case. you might as well if not able to get the grab. Simply wait and then TUNNEL the person getting unhooked which I am specifically trying NOT to do. But if the game is going to make it so you land a pointless hit that doesn't even trigger the BT...you might as well

    Maybe I can find a way to upload part of my video. Even if the hitbox transfers the hit...does it for some reason NOT down them either?

    I am carrying a survivor in T3. I am right behind a survivor unhooking another survivor from the hoook closest to the stairs. The guy gets unhooked and turns left and takes about 2 steps. Right then I swing at the person who did the unhooking. I see the Hit! point prompt and it does nothing. So had I missed and hit the guy being unhooked...he should've went down. IDK ######### is going on.

    Half the time a grab turns into a hit halfway through the grab animation (and lately the grab seems to do nothing at gens or pallets. (I play on PS4)

  • I keep hoping dedicated servers fixes a lot of this, especially the grabs

  • We sure this isn't some stupid INTENDED anti camping mechanic?

    Been playing Myers a bit more lately and I think on 3 total times I have been in Tier 3 catching someone heading to the hook. Not camping just noticing them from a distance heading into that range. All times not anything happens to the person I hit who should be insta downed.


    I've noticed similar weird things like this happen as Leatherface. If I return to the hook and I catch someone going for a terrible save I should get the credit for it. Why are you trying to unhook right in front of Leather? Well because the game seems to allow it for one. I will down the rescuer with the saw and then I notice the saw tag the person being unhooked which adds BT but thing is the saw will connect a 2nd time. Shouldn't that down them then?

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    We sure this isn't some stupid INTENDED anti camping mechanic?

    Been playing Myers a bit more lately and I think on 3 total times I have been in Tier 3 catching someone heading to the hook. Not camping just noticing them from a distance heading into that range. All times not anything happens to the person I hit who should be insta downed.

    I've noticed similar weird things like this happen as Leatherface. If I return to the hook and I catch someone going for a terrible save I should get the credit for it. Why are you trying to unhook right in front of Leather? Well because the game seems to allow it for one. I will down the rescuer with the saw and then I notice the saw tag the person being unhooked which adds BT but thing is the saw will connect a 2nd time. Shouldn't that down them then?

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not intended. It's inconsistent, and we already have a mechanic which is survivor safely knocking gens while killer stands still at hook.