I'm Done.

Rant Incoming

I don't know how long I can keep playing until I've had enough. I've taken a 3 month break, and i'm on the edge of taking another because of the constant DCing which is making this game UNPLAYABLE.

This isn't an exaggeration I've had 5 matches in a row, and literally had 2 people DC, 3, etc. And I had one where everyone DC'd just now and one of them didn't even go one full match without DCing AGAIN from the LAST TRIAL WE HAD TOGETHER.

Look at this...

20190529020258_1.jpg

I can't even clean out my inventory to P2 my spirit because of this, before the match started when I tried to bail on it because of one of them I knew was going to DC, I stupidly instead switched to a pudding to not waste a streamer on these guys.

But I knew it, I KNEW it would happen. One DC'ed and the rest just followed like dominoes. How is this fun? How is any of this fun BHVR? Waiting for them to hit the threshold will that will NEVER HAPPEN isn't the solution... These people know how to avoid that, they can easily just stop DCing at the snap of their fingers so they don't meet the requirements for the ban its THAT SIMPLE. Wheres the justice for this? Why are people like this getting away with it, time, and time again?

I wouldn't be complaining, if this wasn't constantly happening. Its constant, every game its a DC. I rarely had 2 matches (Not in a row of course because why wouldn't it be?) and they were full lobby's that stayed till they died.

Oh and the one guy that stayed? I wanted him to die because I wasn't gonna wait for 5 gens to pop because his worthless teammates think its funny to DC and ruin it for everyone else. Poor guy literally wanted to play a match, not watch his teammates fall like bags of cement.

Message to BHVR

Listen to me, the way this is going isn't good. You can't just slap an excuse saying "Oh they'll eventually hit the threshold so we'll just ignore it till then" and assume the problem is solved. I understand they're fixing this matter before the dedicated servers drop off, but it needs to be done soon. AND FAST. Because this is getting out of control. Its literally unplayable, and its not fun.

Please @Peanits @not_Queen @Patricia do something... You can't just let what I said above be the answer to this. Its not... and it never was. 3 months ago this wasn't as bad as it is now and its incredible how drastic it got.

TL;DR

Fix this constant DCing before the game dies because of it, LITERALLY unplayable. Please BHVR... Do something...

Comments

  • Honestly dude. I might stop playing the game if they don’t Fix the disconnecting issues. Dedicated servers won’t do anything because people will just kill themselves on hook. Anyway congrats on the auric cells.

  • @Mochan said:

    Here's a truth everybody ignores:

    Doing gens to counter tunneling.... doesn't counter tunneling for the guy on the hook! And this is the real problem with this mentality that you can counter tunneling by doing gens.

    You don't. The guy on the hook doesn't feel any better that all the gens are done and he's still dead on the hook and didn't get to play the entire time.

    Get that through your heads, people of the fog.

    I agree with you, 100%.

    Thank you for pointing this out.

  • @Mediva said:

    @FireHazard For me the tunnelling is just as much a problem as the DC-ing. Maybe more. Cause it happens almost every game. To me, that is loosing fun quickly as a survivor. Its the few games where killers actually try to do their best and not just be a prick for which i play this game.

    I dont see what me staying in a tunnelling game has for an advantage. When you get downed again 1 second after your feet touch the ground, what good am I in that way to the team? Has nothing to do with being farmed or my teammates doing unsafe rescues. With killers like that, there is no chance at a safe rescue. just the tunnel life.

    I run BT. I do saves. And its actually scary how many times that BT goes off. Its basically the same as DS. if you get hit with it, it means you are just a low life scummy killer. And most of them are. And i hate to have to bring a perk in the game that does nothing for me, to counter a fifth perk the killer is using. Because downing someone straight from the hook and get rewarded for it, is basically a free perk. And a very strong one, cause there really is no counterplay. A tunnelling killer will always get you.

    I agree, and anti-tunnel perks don't really do much and aren't fun to use. DS is a prime example, many Red PS4 Killers will simply slug you and let the timer run out prior to picking you up. The real issue is everyone wants to see bans but that won't accomplish much. Why are people actively and repeatedly DCing? This is the question we need an answer to. Other games have faced many DC issues and when the Devs didn't just implement bans, but surveyed and talked about it with players they discovered the root of the problem and corrected it.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    @FireHazard Has the amount of DC's stayed consistent since your op? If not you might have just hit some bad luck. Also were you playing Spirit all night? If so that could be part of the cause. Understand I'm not condoning it. I have a theory that people are dcing against certain killers in an attempt to get them nerfed as they did with Legion.

    @thrawn3054 Not as bad as last night but its pretty consistent somewhat.

    I only had 4 matches out of say 10 for the little I played last night where at least one person DC'ed so.

  • @FeelsVeryBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/499840#Comment_499840

    Discuss what? Many people and many Fog Whisperers already said that this addon is complete OP garbage and should be changed. People have been saying this for a long time and... yeah. Nothing.

    People DC'd against you for no reason? Yeah, that's bad and should be punished.

    I am 100% okay with losing and I know it's part of a PvP game, however, everything should have a counterplay and Spine Chill or other detection perks don't count, because how in the hell am I supposed to know that I'm gonna get a Prayer Beads Spirit? And taking it every game just in-case I do get one is stupid.

    Let me give you an example: The devs have released a new 6,000 BE addon for flashlights. This addon stuns the killer for 10 seconds everytime the killer gets blinded. Just like Beads, no downside, OP af effects. Would you play against this? I think not, and if you say you would, you are a big fat liar.

    @FeelsVeryBadMan Yes, there are add-ons that need to be balanced and fixed. That's not the point i'm trying to make though and I don't see why you keep talking about something so obvious.

    I'm talking about DCing for NO reason whatsoever and why its a bad thing and becoming a crisis.

  • Can't wait for that roadmap btw lmao, can't wait for all that DCing to grind to a halt.

    Here's another sample btw, just had this one happen right now.

    More DCs.jpg

    See's spirit? DCs, rest DC'ed after.

1 2 3 4 ›