Pallets.....I literally have no words
Yes, another post about pallets and getting hit through them. I'm so got d*** tired of getting hit through pallets. It's infuriating. On top of that, you spam the button to drop the pallet but you still get hit during the drop animation. Was carried to the basement with Agitation and Iron Grasp and died on my first hook against The Trapper. I swear, these faults truly make me despise the game. I just had to vent. I'm so upset at that.This madness has to end. @Peanits @Patricia @not_Queen
Comments
Throw them earlier?
Don't let the killer be in lunge range when you throw?
Here, watch the video:
https://youtu.be/cFJeojqiTGk
Let's be clear: I was running through the pallet while spamming the button and I got hit by the very end of the killer's hit animation frames WHILE in the middle of my drop animation. There was nothing I could do about it.
There was: Making the safe distance between you and the killer and pull down the pallet.
A lot of these problems will probably disappear once we get dedicated servers.
Much of the problem I believe comes from the server advantage killers have. The palette battle already gives first mover advantage to the killer, but to give server advantage as well and lag disadvantage to the survivor makes it a losing proposition.
Dedicated servers can't come soon enough.
Usually the bs hits happenen cuz of ping.
If ping is over 100 I throw pallets earlier vs people who I know will lunge on pallets.
Every time I've hit a survivor through a pallet is because they get greedy and go for an extra loop. Just accept the loop is dead, pallet, and run to the next circle
The only way I was gonna make it to that pallet safely was if I had Dead Hard.
I don't even use Dead Hard because of Ping. Timing is super off in this game due to lag so I don't rely on looping or palettes or dead hard to survive.
Devs talked about this in last stream. If I remember correctly, they said it may feel like you shouldn't be hit, but mostly because of the animation and the actual hitbox are not synchronized perfectly. (And latency problems too, of course.) But in general, the thing itself (getting hit the same time when you're dropping the pallet) is intended, necessary, and by the way, realistic too. I actually never experience this as survivor, probably because I just leave lobbies over 120 ping, but hopefully, those who have this issue will be better off when we all move to dedicated servers, and when devs improve the animation.
But even in the current situation: it's not that hard, just adjust your timing, and drop the pallet a fragment of a second earlier.
Yeah they fixed that. You can't teleport anymore to the other side of the pallet.
So just throw them earlier.
Nah, if you adjust your timing a good killer will see it and fake it, or just not get caught. I get that you don't see it much because you always play below 120 ping, but for those of us who have no choice and always play at 200+ ping this doesn't work at all.
Like I said, dedicated servers can't come soon enough.