Preventing survivors from doing any gens yet one can still get a free escape

Honestly it is dumb that you can prevent survivors from doing 5 or 4 gens and they can still get the hatch after a terrible performance I had a couple ideas to reward the killer for preventing gens from being done

Idea 1: Aura reading

If a killer prevents a certain amount of generators they get Aura reading for the hatch for example 5 gens left 32 meter range for hatch 4 gens left 16 meter range bonus 3 gens 12 meter range bonus obviously numbers can be tweaked a little but I think this would be a solid buff

Idea 2: Hatch closing

If there are 5 gens left still why not have the hatch instantly close as a bonus? Or if they only do one gen then have it close after 30 seconds? and then anything after that you have to close the hatch yourself

Idea 3: Indication on hatch location

Maybe something to where YOU get to see the hatch before the survivor gets to see it like when there are only two survivors left and there are still 4 or 5 gens left YOU get the ability to see the hatch but the survivors don't get to see it on there screen or even if you sacrifice the second to last survivor and there are 4 or 5 gens left you get a notification to the hatch location

Anything to actually reward the killer for doing a good job on preventing gens from being done

Thoughts?

Comments

  • @legion_main said:

    @HavelmomDaS1 Even then the team should have the ability to do at least 2 gens and if not then thats there problem for not doing the gens

    I was just trying to make clear that there should be a difference between solo and swf.

    I personally had matches when everyone got downed within 60 seconds trying to be 72hrs running around with flashlights. Me finishing a gen would just give out my location. So I'm F'ed cuz my mates suck? Not really fun tho

  • @legion_main said:

    @ba_tetsuo That is not true its almost a 50/50 chance on who finds the hatch first since it's totally random

    the only advantage the killer has is being able to move a little faster than the survivor

    Sometimes being able to move significantly faster than the survivor...then there is the fact that the survivor still doesn't want to be seen. Nobody is out there killing the killer so they can move freely anywhere they want without a care.

  • Get to the hatch first

  • @Kagrenac said:

    Get to the hatch first

    Basically what everyone should be doing with 1 v 1 Survivor vs Killer. Goodness, just close the hatch, if the survivors did no gens (regardless if they tried or not) you can still grab them or close the hatch in front of their eyes. I have gone through matches where the killer had OP add-ons *cough Iridescent Shards cough* and no gens even COULD be done, so at that point, with all the saves and attempts to take turns distracting the killer, at least the last survivor could get a deserved escape. But I do agree that if the last survivor has done nothing, then there should be a consequence of some kind, but I do like what the Hatch situation is like right now.

  • Honestly it is dumb that you can prevent survivors from doing 5 or 4 gens and they can still get the hatch after a terrible performance I had a couple ideas to reward the killer for preventing gens from being done Idea 1:

    😂

  • Oh wow that 0.6m/s make such a difference in finding the hatch first. Third-person-camera is way stronger in that regard.

    The hatch IS a free escape. You have to do nothing and get out, ending the game with less than 8000points.

    Closing the hatch in comparison doesnt end the game, it powers the gates to give survivor another chance.

    Oh woes be the third chance to escape be actually slim. Failing to do objectives, then fail the hatch. Yes definitely it should become even easier after failing to press the I-WIN-button (SARCASM)

  • Endgame Collapse is already a huge killer buff, why buff it even further?

    All your ideas, especially #1 and #3, make hatch escapes next to impossible, why even have a hatch at all. Let's just remove it from the game instead of going through this nonsense.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I still believe that if at least 2 gens aren't completed, the 3rd survivor's death should start the end game collapse.

    First, it's stupid to punish the killer for doing well. Not only do they get the hatch option, but it only spawns once the second to last dies, meaning the killer has had no chance to see the hatch and it's just random chance who finds it first rather than any play of skill.

    Secondly, as a survivor it motivates teammates to actually get ######### done. If the killer is on me there's not much motivation to do gens cos there's always the shot at hatch. There's been so many worthless teammates doing nothing before this, now they don't even need the bare minimum.

    It's not a punishment for the killer. The killer has already won you took out 3 survivors. That is a win in any killer's book, even The Entity is pleased.

    If you really want 4Ks then go above and beyond and do your thing.

    Killers already have a huge advantage finding the hatch, if you think it's easy being the last survivor and finding the hatch before the killer, try actually playing Survivor for once.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/482401#Comment_482401

    It's not a punishment for the killer. The killer has already won you took out 3 survivors. That is a win in any killer's book, even The Entity is pleased.

    If you really want 4Ks then go above and beyond and do your thing.

    Killers already have a huge advantage finding the hatch, if you think it's easy being the last survivor and finding the hatch before the killer, try actually playing Survivor for once.

    That's the thing, lucking out and finding the hatch first isn't "going above and beyond," it's just dumb luck.

    Instead if there's 0 gens done, I'm more inclined to slug the second to last person until I find the last so I don't get cheesed out of a 4k by a lucky hatch spawn. You say 'go above and beyond,' in what way is killing everyone before they get 2 gens not that? Sorry do I need to also need to run every chase backwards with my eyes shut and do cartwheels to please you?

    And I do play survivor, I'm a 50/50 player. You know what that means? I get to spectate blendette allies who did ######### all getting out the hatch because there was no pressure for them to do anything to get a free escape.

  • Have you ever heard of the method to slug the third survivor and leave him to die while you hook the last survivor?

    Killers have been doing this forever to get 4Ks, since way before the current EGC rules. It's something good killers do in order to secure their 4K and not leave things to chance -- and chance is weighted towards the killer anyway.

    You should learn the technique if you really want 4Ks.


    I you don't like Blendettes, well why don't you equip bond then run to them whenever you are chased by the killer. Works wonders.


  • @Raptorrotas said:

    Oh wow that 0.6m/s make such a difference in finding the hatch first. Third-person-camera is way stronger in that regard.

    The hatch IS a free escape. You have to do nothing and get out, ending the game with less than 8000points.

    Closing the hatch in comparison doesnt end the game, it powers the gates to give survivor another chance.

    Oh woes be the third chance to escape be actually slim. Failing to do objectives, then fail the hatch. Yes definitely it should become even easier after failing to press the I-WIN-button (SARCASM)

    You obviously don't understand the mechanics of this game. The faster killer walk speed is just one advantage in finding the hatch (and it is a sizable one as well). But the real advantage is that killers can run around the map with reckless abandon and not need to worry about getting killed, and they can control the center of the map as well.

    Survivors have to be careful walking around the map so they are never moving at 100% speed. Back before 2.7.0 I would sneak around the map looking for the hatch because at least there was no threat of the killer closing it. These days I recklessly run around hoping I get to it before the killer does, or before the killer sees me, because I have next to no chance finding it first otherwise.

    The hatch is not a free escape. It's actually very hard to escape through the hatch unless you're packing a key.

  • @Mochan

    Youre delusional about survivors. They will not "sneak around the map, they run around like idiots.

    Most often the survivor is already on the hatch the moment it opens.

    The hatch is free, it spawns aslong youre alive. It could be a coin toss, except survivors win if they find the hatch but killers have to give another chance.

  • @Ember_Hunter you cant do hatch grabs anymore

  • @DudeDelicious um did you read any of it? Im talking about if no gens or if only 1 or 2 got done

    hatch does not spawn until the 2nd to last survivor dies so its impossible to know where it is when you slug them

    Im saying its almost better to just let them do the gens so you know where hatch is which is dumb

  • I like the concern but aura reading or indications won't do nothing, it would be cool if there was a perk to locate hatch. I would just slug the 2nd to last person and go search, it's not like they'll complete 5 gens with 2 left.

  • I like the concern but aura reading or indications won't do nothing, it would be cool if there was a perk to locate hatch. I would just slug the 2nd to last person and go search, it's not like they'll complete 5 gens with 2 left.

1 2 ›