Fast mori's on weak killers, slow on strong
I feel like this should be how mori's work, stronger the killer, longer the mori
Weaker the killer, shorter the mori
Discuss
I feel like this should be how mori's work, stronger the killer, longer the mori
Weaker the killer, shorter the mori
Discuss
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Wraith's is one of the fastest Moris actually, i think only Pig beats it.
What are the standards you think of?
Like, is 9 seconds fast (Wraith's Mori), or can it go even faster? Or is a bit slower what you want as the fastest?
How about just standardizing the time it takes and speeding up/slowing down animations as needed, to make it easier to balance?
@Boss Like for example, give freddy a 8 second mori, nurse and hillbilly a longer mori, unless its already 15 seconds
@Orion I like that idea as well, but I wanted this because some of the weaker killers have long af mori's and cannot do what they need to do, defend gens, while some of the stronger killers can just clip in and out of a mori and do there business after that
I think Hillbilly was around 11-12 seconds.
Sorry, i made a video on their Mori lengths once, but it's well over a year ago by now.
I would imagine that whether you're taking 9 seconds to kill someone or 15, it wouldn't make much of a difference. The amount of time you're saving by killing someone after their first hook is absolutely massive by comparison. Though I'd still be interested to see what y'all think.
@Peanits I know it saves time, but some of these can assist killers that cannot defend generators as easily
Or they could just balance the killers
they're already incredibly strong, regardless of what killer is using them. I'd prefer to see a nerf to moris instead of buffing them for certain killers
I prefer moris to look the best they can, rather than making them faster or slower based on something so arbitrary.
@Peanits they should just make all killers viable.
Just about all of them are. Not to be mistaken with meta, of course. The best are always going to rise to the top, no matter how hard you try to balance them.
@Peanits What is clown's kill rate at red ranks? I am genuinely asking.
If it is more than 40% I will not speak about it ever anymore. I don't think every killer is viable.
Between 4/29/19 and 5/7/19, at rank 1, ~61.31%.
The longest Mori is like 15 seconds. And it removes the time to bring the Survivor to the Hook the second time and all after that. That should be ok.
Okay, I shut up :D
I am honestly surprised, my survivor games against him is really easy. I guess other people find it difficult to play against him.
BTW, I really appreciate that answer.
@Delfador Well it's only kill rate. Not Pickrate. So low % could be picking himm and getting lots of kills
what a weird suggestion... changing the animation speed is not going to fix a mechanic as unbalanced as this one, unfortunately
@Milo I mean I said I was gonna shut up so I can't speak lol
For me it doesn't matter how many people choose a particular killer tbh. If only a couple of people play him and make his kill rate 60% then it means that he has potential and he is able to exceed 50% kill rate at red ranks. The other people who find him weak should be able to play him as good as people who play him right now.
We can have much more reliable stats after they fix 3 men games (they fixed it), and the DC problem. Right now, there is no way that they are gonna buff a killer whose kill rate is around 50% in general and 60% in red ranks.
I'm up for standardizing Mori durations, though I will say that just slowing or speeding animations doesn't sound good (maybe in part, for things like how quick the hag spends biting the survivor's neck or how long the part before the spirit actually hits survivors). I think they'd have to redo some of them, which I wouldn't mind, but that would take time for the animators that would otherwise be used (probably) on new content. I feel the community as a whole wouldn't like that level of effort.
"Y'all" I'd never thought I'd see the day
@Peanits
Out of curiosity, does this percentage include matches with DCs, or without?
And if it includes matches with DCs, how are DCs counted?
Is the Rank determined after the match (like in the Data Sheets) or prior to it?
I'm assuming that ~61.31% is for Rank 1 Clown's Kill Rate. What is Rank 1 Survivors' Escape Rate against Clowns for the same time period?
Wish we had statistics for all of the killers like this!