Who all likes the Opera?

Who all goes to the Opera, I know I do!

Comments

  • I went and saw Don Quichotte recently... so actually answered that opera survey question in the positive.... but I am in no way a regular of the opera.

  • Too expensive to go to a "pure" opera. I did go to an open air concert where they performed Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, though. It's a cantata, so it's not technically an opera, but close enough.

  • Last time I went was to go watch Distant Worlds in 2017.

    Do concerts count? If so, Cradle of Filth April 19th.

    Dido this upcoming June.

  • @Vlieger @Orion Interesting, I have no idea what is going on I actually never went to an opera

  • @Hoodedfengm1n

    There's a first time for everything! Who knows you may enjoy it.

  • @Hoodedfengm1n Honestly, I have no idea what the difference between a cantata and an opera is. They're supposed to be different, somehow, but I get the feeling it's like two groups that hate each other for no reason and try to distance themselves from one another even though they look and sound identical to everyone else.

  • @Vlieger said:

    @Hoodedfengm1n

    There's a first time for everything! Who knows you may enjoy it.

    True. At its core, it's just extremely harmonious music, which is always pleasant.

  • I haven’t been to an opera or a cantata.

  • I haven't, idk if I'd enjoy it.

  • We've got one more stat for you.

    Average Opera Attendance

    R1N2OM008SX1.jpg


  • Never been to an opera and i don't have any plans, only concerts.

  • Even I also haven't been an opera.

  • Cracked me up when Peanits posted this extra "stat".

    But really, who the heck goes to opera? I remember going to opera once: fell asleep after five minutes, then the applause woke me up at the end. I love classical music. But opera singing... no thank you.