About MoM...
Okay people, I get it. MoM can get frustrating. But look.. It's not as bad as a perk that you all believe it is. The reason the Developers probably created the perk was because they obviously had to balance the game somehow, especially with "Endgame" Coming into play in the near future. So the Next update will ONLY be in the killer's favor. And I applaud that they are trying to balance the game with this perk and that update. For example, if you watch Ohmwrecker's video about the Collapse, It is extremely easy to make people stuck inside the collapse. MoM will allow that extra push that the survivor has left to survive. And I know MoM sucks, I dealt with a David King who I basically hit like 4-5 times (The 5th hit he finally went down) and he was the only one I sacrificed. [I played as the Pig, just recently bought her.] But, I do understand where you all are coming from. But, nerfing it is not the answer. Until Endgame is released and we can see how MoM handles during the Endgame Update. So please understand that you have to patiently wait. Because the Next update is a HUGGGGE one. So stay calm and hunt on my friends.
--Micheal Myers
Comments
You're the only one crying I don't cuz I went against your agenda. Again. GOTTEM.
You gave an argument. I countered your argument. Sorry for having a discussion? Am I supposed to just pretend like there is no way anything you said could be countered or worked around?
I'm giving you examples and you're saying I'm wrong 'cause you feel like it. o-o I'm thinking I'm gonna stop.
This is literally what you've been doing the entire time, and why these discussions bring me so much joy. Also lovely way of saying you cannot admit you're wrong, and someone disagreeing with you and making counter-points is reason enough to shove words in my mouth saying I'm doing it cuz I feel like it. You go champ.
10% duration off your item. Not using it means you got hit 10 times and you're still somehow not dead. Unless your item is somehow down to 20~%, and you're not against a "power" killer, cuz Franklin's was nerfed, fun fact, you're not gonna have your item broken.
There's crap I don't like, either. Insta-heals usually feel rather mindless. That isn't to detract from my point: Killers have "free" stuff, too. Free pallet break, free item drop, free kill end game. To pretend they don't is short sighted.
Name. The. Perks. You keep avoiding it cuz you know you're wrong, but you don't wanna admit. Free pallet break that requires breaking 2 pallets which wastes upwards of 30+seconds so 1/3 of 3 gens. Probably more cuz you might not have gotten a hit, and Endfury that's 2 perks required for that "free pallet break", might give you a hit, so you're still looking at a 45s-1m long chase so that's 3 gens gone by the time you down/hook. Wow, how "free".
A "free item drop" that was nerfed and requires you to m1, to catch the survivor, for the survivor to have an item, it's not free, you just don't like Franklin's despite it being a generally bad perk and easily worked around.
"A free kill end game." Rancor? You can't be talking about NOED cuz I've lived plenty of games with NOED by cleansing the totem, someone saving me with BT, leaving the match cuz I'm not stupid enough to save with NOED unless I hear boom and/or, cleansing totems before it procs, cuz you know that's how you counter it. If you mean Rancor, I've suggested it be changed to only affect people who run OBS perks.
@Caretaker I didn't name the perk, but I named the affected. c: Not that hard, champ. You're just being willful now.
Way to ignore what I wrote. :^) I told you how to deal with the affected, but that doesn't matter apparently, cuz that goes against what you think and that's abrasive and mean. :c Flipped your switch fast.
I only wish you could come across someone who argues like you. That'd be great.
Yea, I'd love someone who doesn't take criticism/counter points as insults.
He s not actually Michael Myers...
@Slayer He looks like Michael to me.
@Caretaker They'd also have to see things in black and white, miss half of what you say, and twist your words. c:
I mean that's literally all you've done this entire time, so I don't know why you're talking to that mirror instead of me chief. Show me where I twisted your words and ignored what you said. Cuz last I checked I bolded your statements, then offered a counter point, and that upset you apparently.
I love how you added that sneaky killer Nea, always was fond of her killing skills =P
😛
When looking at MoM alone, i can accept it.
But then 4 others run it.
Or he/she runs other Perks that allow them to escape situations.
Or both.
Actually slugging is actually helpful. If you want to slug, use Deer Stalker. And if you see em' get up you know where they got up from ;)
I don't know if you are referring to me.. but, I accidentally spelled Michael, Wrong. (Michael being English & Micheal being a Scottish equivalent) So, I spelled it right in Scotland (Which is ironic since I live in America lol.)
Understandable. Like I said in my original post, all of us have to patiently wait until the Endgame Update releases until we can fully judge MoM.
Also for all who may be wondering:
I play both Survivor and Killer, and in all my posts I try to be unbiased and will try to use logic that I understand of the game. If I don't understand something you are allowed to inform me. (Obviously not in a toxic way). Plus, I only play on Console, So all my fellow PC players on this forum can help inform me and others on all my posts about how a certain thing impacts PC. Also, At the current moment, I am trying to level up Claudette so I can get her healing perk on all my survivors (Cause they seriously need it lol). But, I play mostly killer, but once the killer becomes boring I play survivor. Vice Versa.
So yeah. Thank you all for discussing and please keep it Civil we don't want anyone on the forums to be banned on my Discussion post lol.
But that being said, Carry on my friends.
question:
what do you think was the main problem with the old DS?
here is the answer:
the perk rewarded survivors for failure and punished killers for doing their job right. how comes? the survivor screwed up several times and got downed. the killer picks up the survivor and instead of getting his, deserved, hook, he gets stabbed in the back and the chase gets extended by a long shot, allowing the team to easily do gegerators while the killer is still stuck at trying to hook this one dude who should have been hooked 5 minutes ago. now, looking at that we see a lot of similarities to the current state of MoM. MoM is basically doing everything the old DS did. it rewards a survivor for failure and punishes a killer for doing their job right and extents a chase by a lot (i literally had a chase the other day where i had to hit a guy 4 times in a row to take him down, just because he had MoM paired with an instaheal. you call that balanced?)
also, just so you know: perks should be build around the overal, balanced game. they should NOT be used to balance the game. that is not a good argument. otherwise we could apply that to EVERYTHING strong survivors had (old DS included) and say "oh, well it helps fighting a nurse, so it has to be fine". by that logic no killer besides a nurse would be able to be played, as anyone besides her would easily get stomped. thats is NOT how balance works.
@TreemanXD
oh boi i am really getting excited to learn all the possible MoM counters i can use when playing Wraith (or any other killer that is reliant on M1 attacks) next time :D
reading your list i am a little disappointed.
most of the listed things are eigther a killer or nea. the only things my wraith could use are: MYC (IF that person gets cought out 3 times with MYC active on them), NOED (IF i ignore them all game and then hit them 3 times with NOED) and iron maiden (... we both know that aint gonna do #########). so yeah, as you said none of these are a guaranteed counter.
so basically you proved the perk has no real counters, which, in fact, is a problem. thanks i guess?