I'm making another tierlist. This one will be different to my previous one and will include old variations of some killers (pre nerf SPIRIT, PTB plague...) and it will judge how well They'd perform in patch 2.7.0
Ok as you've saw from the title, I've decided that Spirits 'bugs' were probably a shadownerf and I'm ranking the former Spirit in this. Don't have high hopes for the current Spirits spot though, since I'm going to drop her a bit lower. Only a bit, but a significant enough amount.
Ss tier:
Nurse- she's a top killer, amazing at everything except tracking and that's about it. Not much to say really, it's common knowledge how good she is.
Former Spirit- she used to be really good, she had the best chasing in the game, wasn't addon reliant, best mindgames and she was just amazing. Simply brilliant at killing and an obvious choice for second.
S+ tier:
Hag- Here's why,
Hag can spread pain when the survivors are across the map quicker than any other killer in the game, not even Nurse can. She is way better than Billy in chase. She can dominate with Thanatophobia, she can control 1/2 of the map without addons 3/4 with her green range addon alone. She is ridiculously mobile with her traps, joint with Billy. Her map pressure is off the chart and she's everywhere. With STBFL, she's unstoppable. She can control 5 gens at once. That's massive considering Doctor is limited to 3 or maybe 4. She's unpredictable. If you're good enough with Hag, you can even take on SWF, as I do, and still win (Yes I'm that good with her). She's unloopable and amazing at mindgames. She can snowball WAYYY better than any other killer, even better than Billy. I don't need to expand on that, it's common knowledge how good she is at snowballing. She can injure 3 survivors and down 1 in the space of 20 seconds, and with STBFL, maybe even 14 seconds. She can pressure survivors into healing and gets a major advantage if they do. She can sometimes bring the game to a crawl, if they are pressured into healing.
TL;dr, she's got too much advantages to NOT be above Billy and in this tier.
S tier:
Billy- while he's incomparable to Hag, Nurse or the old Spirit, he's extremely strong, versatile and he can snowball. Though not as well as Hag. His pressure is good and he's a newbie friendly killer. Quite fun too.
Current Spirit- I wasn't going to drop her too low, because she's still good, but low enough to emphasise my point about these 'bugs'. She's still good, her mindgames are second to Hag because of the 'bugs' and she's not as good as Hag at getting into a survivors head or pressuring them anymore. However, she's still quite good and in a good spot, but DEFINITELY in need of a revert to the 'bugs'. Hag is basically a role model to current Spirit and Billy.
PTB Plague- She was good. That's me putting it simply. She was a top tier but not anymore.
A+ tier:
Myers/Huntress- amazing killers still, and Huntress has insane chasing, and Myers with the faster vaulting and instadown can keep the survivors tilted and edgy which opens up room for mindgames. Both aren't top tier, but definitely good picks for a match.
A- tier:
Wraith- not bad atm, in a good spot, he works well and can 4k well. He's been buffed this patch and very decent. Underrated and good at chasing. He actually has no counterplay, believe it or not, but he's a manageable kind of no counterplay killer.
B tier:
Doctor- quite decent, hes a bit niche and needs buffs to the number of his powers and maybe built in illusionary pallets, I made a little thread about it, you can see it here https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/58606/lets-discuss-doctor#latest
Clown- realistically, he should be A+ but he has a weak basekit and needs some buffs to it, particularly his slow duration, the fact that he gets slowed himself, his bottles lasting too little on the ground and so on. I might open a thread about this one, and what to do with him, but I have limited knowledge and experience with Clown.
C tier:
Leatherface- Billys younger brother needs a hell of a lot of buffs and he needs a lot of fixing. Can't say much more.
Trapper- Too RNG based to do much, I have ideas for buffing him, and I'll open a thread about it in the near future.
Freddy- he's better than the next ones by a mile.
F tier:
Legion and Pig- They got crushed by the nerfs, and they're terrible now. While Legion now can be worked on and buffed to a good level, Pig is stuck here, and needs major reworks and changes. Not good anymore.
Comments
I agree with this tier list sadly.
That is it BHVR... Legion has been downgraded!
@KillermainBTWm8 whats so sad about it?
Can't take a list that has B tier Doctor seriously. Agree about Legion and Pig though. Didn't realize just how thoroughly they'd be tearing Legion apart.
Seems alright.
Got a personal thing against Clown for taking horrendously long to reload bottles, but again, that's personal.
legion and pig
@ClogWench I was assuming the Doctor is skilled enough to know the precise timing to shut down loops. It's a thing with Doctor, when I used to main him I used to shut down loops quickly myself. It's a viable thing with him, just far too difficult to perform.
I'm glad I'm not getting flamed for putting Hag there, but it looks like most people understand what I mean when I describe Hag which is an amazing feeling.
Honestly I just want you to make a Hag guide.
@NuclearBurrito soon ™ 😂😂😂. I'll write one down, but I'll probably do it tomorrow and I'll only cover my playstyle. There's like 5 viable playstyles Hag has which is far more than other killers. She has the assault Hag (@SpaceCoconut style) where you trap loops, chokepoint Hag (Tru3).
Momentum Hag (You have traps everywhere and constantly fly around with them), 4-5 gen style (my personal one, at first trap everywhere, once I've got a down, I hook them and set my web around the closest 4 gens, you snowball into chaotic victory quickly and use thanatophobia to not worry about gens since you have 4 people injured for 70% of the game and the last one is:
Route Hag where you trap routes and you use it to injure people, Sloppy butcher and Thanatophobia is really good for this one, and I tend to combine this with my 4-5 gen protecting Hag. It makes for a really strong mid game with a lot of pressure. When using Ruin, your early game is ridiculously strong, but i dont need it and end up snowballing.
I'll make a detailed one covering the combination of Route Hag and the 3-4-5 gen Hag (sometimes a map forces you to only be able to protect 3). But it'll be tomorrow, remind me on my wall.
I only know of those 5 playstyles, Hag probably has much more, she's the most versatile killer.
The problem doctor has is that a skilled survivor outplays him every time. You can predict his shocks and take advantage of that by not putting yourself in a position where they'll affect you too badly. A skilled doctor can outplay the average survivor but a skilled survivor will always be able to outplay a skilled doctor. Beyond that his power needs very specific situations to immediately end chases and if not he just gets ran for a while. He's good at tracking making him strong in the early ranks but he has 0 pressure in red ranks (honestly I'd consider him one of the worst killers. Fun but not strong)
Tbh, pig was overrated anyway. She got dumbed down with MoM release and dumbed down a second time with the only unique possibility: Endgame control. Lets how they change pig to the better in the next months.
@ClogWench I'm one of those survivors who bullies Doctors, but some are really smart, if you keep playing survivor, you'll eventually run into 1. Although in my whole 2 years of playing, I've only ran into 2 who can shut down loops guaranteed.
Same here, Doctor equals bully and eventually a 5 gens run. I personally don't like versing him cuz the shocking is annoying. And shutting down loops is so situational and difficult (sometimes requires strong addons) that I can't take it serious as a counter to looping. Doctor is an annoying trash can and absolutely overrated.
Doctor I feel could be consistently good if they tweaked his shock to be more consistent cause right now it has a long delay between activation, the shock animation, and the survivor being affected by it, and it really hinders his chase potential.
In simplest terms I agree with the list. I would love to be better with hag but I guess that takes a lot of time. Personally I believe that Mikey is better than Spirit right now. Too many bugs afflict this poor girl. Also clown should be in A list but again he needs some simple buffs. We all know buffs won't come to him though so yeah he's gotta sit in B tier. I would love a guide on Hag though. She's always interested me but I seem to fail miserably with her.