Ok devs, I want you to please promise this.

@Peanits I really need you to pass this on, if you can. I know I come to you a lot, but that's because you're really reliable for these things. If you wish, I'll stop bugging you with them.

Can you please check all the sounds are fine before releasing any patch after this one?

Make sure nothing is left in a bad spot, improve the footsteps, grass moving, ghost breathing behind you, lower killer breathing, grunts, breathing to good volumes and lower the chase music significantly. Please check all the sounds and make sure they're NOT bugged again?

These changes are incredibly common and bug so much and sound is too detrimental to the game to afford to bug.

Another side note @Peanits the sound Spirit hears while phasing, the faint whoosh is far louder than it used to be. I suggest it should be lowered so breathing is hearable while phasing.

Or you could remove it altogether, although buffing Spirit is probably bad since this patch should be fixing her.

But please lower that whoosh, you can't hear breathing over it.

I love what you guys are doing, but these are my only wishes that sounds are triple checked, and Spirit especially, considering how one minor change to other killers, could throw her into bottom tier, thats how delicate she is.

Comments

  • You can also hear a really loud glass breaking sound when near her and it ruins mind-games

  • @Hoodied said:

    You can also hear a really loud glass breaking sound when near her and it ruins mind-games

    You're a genius.

    @Peanits can you also make sure those sound bugs with her that give her away are prioritised too?

  • @Hoodied said:

    You can also hear a really loud glass breaking sound when near her and it ruins mind-games

    s t a n d i n g s t i l l m i n d g a m e

  • but yeah, there are times where I don't hear billy's chainsaw or huntress windup, which is seriously annoying

  • @artist said:

    but yeah, there are times where I don't hear billy's chainsaw or huntress windup, which is seriously annoying

    Yup, sound issues. I wont @ him again, but I agree with the Billy one, it's really scary with Tinkerer.

  • I really need you to pass this on, if you can. I know I come to you a lot, but that's because you're really reliable for these things.

    Spirit is still top tier,Idk why you complain

  • @artist said:

    but yeah, there are times where I don't hear billy's chainsaw or huntress windup, which is seriously annoying

    Alot of that with Huntress is she doesn't do a full wind up. You only get the blade sound when she winds fully, but she can throw hatchets with out a full wind up. Getting good at doing that is how people do trick shots is you need to lob them like mortars.

  • @Andreyu44 it changes a lot about her, you don't notice it.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/436843#Comment_436843

    Alot of that with Huntress is she doesn't do a full wind up. You only get the blade sound when she winds fully, but she can throw hatchets with out a full wind up. Getting good at doing that is how people do trick shots is you need to lob them like mortars.

    the sound the huntress makes upon readying a hatchet is what I was referring to

  • If you enter the Phase Walk, you can hear glass shattering, if you do not, you don't hear glass shattering, so you cannot mind game as spirit anymore

  • She may be top tier but these sound issues make me unwilling to play her, even though she is my favourite killer.

  • As much as I'd love to see sounds working again It's been this way for months with bug reports almost daily. I think their priorities are elsewhere.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/436817#Comment_436817

    You're a genius.

    @Peanits can you also make sure those sound bugs with her that give her away are prioritised too?

    We've seen a lot of feedback on various audio issues and we've been bringing them to the team. I can't make any promises just yet because bugs are unpredictable, but fingers crossed.

  • Yeah cuz that spirit bug is making it much harder to play as her to the point where I'm just waiting for it to be fixed before playing again.

  • We have been reporting audio bugs for about 3 and a half months.. Always get told they know and are working on it... So yeah not holding out much hope but still bug reporting in game and on forums

    🐖

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/436824#Comment_436824

    We've seen a lot of feedback on various audio issues and we've been bringing them to the team. I can't make any promises just yet because bugs are unpredictable, but fingers crossed.

    @Peanits thanks for the response, so to clarify, the devs are working on her, and the sound bugs, just not this patch?

  • The persisting sound issues (we are on our 6 month straight w/o fixes), MoM, and the severely broken hit-boxes, have forced most of my friends who play DbD to move on. I picked up the PC version (which is a train wreck) when it was on sale a couple weeks ago, just for the PTB, but the PTB is using a snapshot from before I started playing, so I won’t be playing on it. With Days Gone being released this Friday, I won’t be playing DbD on the PS4 very much either.

    This game relies on sound and visual effects to be played. If any of them are broken, the game is broken. I have been a software engineer for over 40 years, and this prototype (it is not a finished product) is a sad excuse for a product. They keep adding killers, survivors, perks, and cosmetics, w/o fixing the core issues of the game. In doing so, they lose as many players as they gain, which inevitably leads to a player base collapse (PBC (TM)).

    When the dedicated servers become a part of the PTB tomorrow, 99% of those who thought that they would be a godsend, will be crying their eyes out. Unless you have played a MMORPG in the past, or F13, you have no idea how dedicated servers are going to impact the game. Rubber banding, phantom hits, and a new perception of lagg, will change everything. At least I’ll be having fun with Days Gone during the Fall-Out (R).

  • @Poweas Some bugs are entered in the database but our most crucial audio bugs right now are related to occlusion, footsteps and notifications. We are still gathering data / information / repro on most of them. These are taking priority over other audio issues at the moment.

  • @not_Queen said:

    @Poweas Some bugs are entered in the database but our most crucial audio bugs right now are related to occlusion, footsteps and notifications. We are still gathering data / information / repro on most of them. These are taking priority over other audio issues at the moment.

    @not_Queen thanks, I'm ready to wait